• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Yajima Maimi gets a lead role in a movie meanwhile, kanna has bunions 11 replies to this topic Started by Special Needs Tricycle , Mar 11 2009 05:36 PM · 

#1 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

Yes, yes. In some movie producer (Koujina Shinichi)'s blog, he has started posting pictures of Yajima Maimi, who has a role in an upcoming movie he's producing called "Fuyu no Kaidan" (Winter Ghost Story).

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kojinanote

From what I can get from skimming real quick, her role is to exterminate demons? I think she needs to pray the evil out of Kanna's feet.

EDIT: Looks like Fukuda Kanon's going to be in it too? http://blog.goo.ne.jp/betwinkle

#2 Milly

Milly
  • Buono!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

Kanon :omgwtf:

I love crappy horror movies. Will look forward to this.

#3 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

I love the name of the blog. be Twinkle. xD Twinkle like a fairy! 8o

#4 furuya

furuya
  • S/mileage

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

From the pictures posted today, it looks like she's the youngest actor in the bunch. The other students look in their 20's.

#5 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:25 AM

This is kind of awesome. Now, if only 90% of Japanese movies weren't atrocious, this would be even better news. I'm sure I'll watch it anyway, eventually.

#6 alita87

alita87
  • Buono!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

Ooh this is good news. I love Japanese horror films, though with idol cast I can't imagine it'll be that scary but will still be amusing to watch.

#7 eri

eri
  • aka eri, the Alpha and the Omega

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

Kanon and Maimi? Yay for the cutest B-horror movie ever!

#8 Liana

Liana
  • Buono!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

This is kind of awesome. Now, if only 90% of Japanese movies weren't atrocious, this would be even better news. I'm sure I'll watch it anyway, eventually.

Word. But still, personal distaste of most Japanese big and small screen media aside, I always love seeing H!P girls branch out! I keep hoping that one of them will actually be able to act. Either way it's cute watching 'em try :lol:

#9 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

So how many Japanese movies have you guys seen before denouncing them?

AEUG, never change.

#10 Liana

Liana
  • Buono!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hey, I have a few Japanese directors and writers that I adore. I am, in fact, on a major Kurosawa kick at the moment but who DOESN'T go through that? But overall the modern Japanese taste in cinema is just simply not mine. I'll happily admit I am no expert on the works of an entire country AND that it's been a long time since I was on my Japanese movie thing and honestly can no longer really remember specifics or examples of what I didn't like, so I'd be mouth-foot girl if I went into it. I just know I've seen a bunch of modern stuff and most of it was just not what I think made up a great movie.

#11 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

So how many Japanese movies have you guys seen before denouncing them?

AEUG, never change.

I dunno, 100? Whereabouts. I should've clarified that I meant more modern Japanese movies, meaning the 90s on. That's enough for me at this point. I can't promise the last part.

#12 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

This is irrefutable truth in a singular post.

(See what I did there!?!?!? I did that thing I always used to complain about! I just disguised it! Thinly!)

Maimi is adorably awesome and I'll watch anything with her in it. And, my recent addiction to yandere and guro means that even if she dies gruesomely I'll still be happy. :danceman: