• Please log in to reply
[MUST READ] IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT MORNING MUSUME BBS IDOL BEST READ KUDASAI 26 replies to this topic Started by Prinny Squad , Aug 23 2009 03:43 AM · 

#1 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

Ok, these are very important points that I will mention right now since they need to be mentioned!

You will need the following to properly compete in Morning Musume BBS! IDOL BEST.

- Your own MP3

As far as Skype goes, add me at BookerZX.

Yahoo Instant Messenger? PrinnySquadAhoy.

Your own MP3? Self explanatory. Unless we say in the week's description that we will be playing the MP3, please provide your own MP3 as you will be using it to sing! If you don't have the song, please feel free to contact me or any of the other judges (GypChan, Geof) and I'll get you hooked up as soon as possible.

This is very important! Please do all of these things before we go live in Saturday, August 29th!

#2 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

So it went from sending you the mp3, to not sending you the mp3, to sending you the mp3?

#3 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:01 AM

So what exactly is going to go down on Saturday? This is all really, really confusing.

#4 Suika

Suika
  • Pffffbt

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

Your own MP3 of what? I have no idea what's going on, not that I'd expect to, but WOW BBS IDOL REVIVAL GO GUYS GO. Is Trike entering? Because I'm pretty sure he's the only one fit to wear Pita's old crown.

#5 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

On the "own mp3" thing: For this round, you provide your own music file to play while you are singing. If you don't have an mp3 file of the song you have chosen to sing, PM Prinny, Geof or me because, who knows, we might have an mp3 file of the song you want. You can use a true instrumental, a homemade instrumental rip, the song with the words that you can sing over so we can hear you, or, in a shit-out-of-luck scenario, you can sing acapella.

Also make sure that you have a working microphone and either headphones or speakers if you are participating.
Test them BEFORE Saturday the 29th. If any of your equipment is not working, we will have no sympathy for you no matter how awesome you claim your singing abilities to be.
If necessary, I will gladly be online a few hours prior to the 10pm EST start time to make sure that people can be heard.

#6 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Since he hasn't actually SAID it here, the plan is to use Skype AND Yahoo Chat the way we did last time, with a slight change:

- Host & judges in Skype room, plus someone to relay the audio to the Yahoo room.

- Audience & contestants in Yahoo room.

- When it's a contestant's turn to sing, he/she/it will be invited into the Skype room, then summarily booted after the judging & talkback, haha.

- Wash, rinse, repeat.

The trick here is that as far as I know, Loop was the only one who could get the audio from Skype into Yahoo reliably. I would strongly recommend trying this out for a few days before Saturday in order to avoid that other BBS Idol tradition, the hour-long delay at the start.

Oh yeah, probably gonna need someone to record the whole thing if anyone wants it posted later. I can try, but I have yet to find the background recorder that actually works in Vista.

#7 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

I've been trying to find Loop to no avail. Thank you Gypchan and Geof for clarifying, I apologize if that post was a little incoherent as I was somewhat tipsy at the time. :9

#8 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

Relaying shouldn't be too hard as long as you have stereo mix available on your sound card.

#9 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

I should be able to do all this stuff by tomorrow evening, Tuesday evening at the lastest.

#10 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

I just noticed that Talk Like A Pirate Day (every Sept. 19th) falls on a Saturday this year. I feel everyone should be bullied into singing like a Japanese pirate or something, yahrr.

#11 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

I just noticed that Talk Like A Pirate Day (every Sept. 19th) falls on a Saturday this year. I feel everyone should be bullied into singing like a Japanese pirate or something, yahrr.

See me on AIM. I have a surprise for you.

#12 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm just going to ask this in this thread, since it seemed like the most "general" of all of these.

Why did you guys all stopped coming ?
For ~2 weeks after the competition was over, some people still joined for singing on saturday, but not many and eventhough I wasn't online last night the skype channel seemed pretty much dead at the usual starting time, from what it seems. Or did I just miss everybody/something ?

I always enjoyed the nights of singing, laughter and having a cold drink by my hand with you guys after coming home.
Can we please have more karaoke nights again ? =(

#13 Soli

Soli
  • Buono!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

Is a weekly karaoke night something people want to do then?

I'm sure Prinny and I can organize something. Either just normal karaoke night or maybe we can think of some fun games if people are interested. :lol:

#14 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Is a weekly karaoke night something people want to do then?

I'm sure Prinny and I can organize something. Either just normal karaoke night or maybe we can think of some fun games if people are interested. :lol:

Sure !
Eventhough I won't be there every weekend (idol startedt at 4am in my time zone), I'm usually still awake two saturdays a month at that time and then I usually join.

#15 neshcom

neshcom
  • back dat ass up to the cloud

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:06 AM

I would've liked to do more general karaoke nights, but no one called me and I thought people wanted a break... I figured I'd start a general karaoke night thread after December.

#16 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

I would've liked to do more general karaoke nights, but no one called me and I thought people wanted a break... I figured I'd start a general karaoke night thread after December.

Please do it.

#17 Molly

Molly
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

I know there's usually at least one karaoke night going on every week with dubbers from pretty much every different board.

#18 neshcom

neshcom
  • back dat ass up to the cloud

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:20 AM

Please do it.

Well, I'm at my parents' for the Christmas break, so I really won't be able to do late-night karaoke. If someone wants to do it before mid-January, go ahead. I kinda wanted to do a similar type of show and record it, but I can't do it now and people told me I had a bad connection :\

#19 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

Someone please make a thread about it so that everyone knows how to get in at least. I'm not particularly happy about clique stuff happening too much. And since it's not in my control and involves other forums, I want to make it clear that I don't approve of this and this does not receive the MM-BBS official seal! :lol:

If anyone wants further reason, I'll be happy to talk about it, but not too much now because finals is killing me.

#20 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:58 AM

Why is it a clique thing? I doubt anyone's going to be turned down to join.

#21 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

That's not my concern, but not everyone can come to skype. There's things like time zones, voice chatting not being for everyone, let alone karaoke, bandwidth, etc... So I want a thread to be made about it at least asap so it doesn't limit people from joining because they don't know about it. That's one thing I mean by clique. Only people and their friends and people that were actively in idol know about it.

#22 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:34 AM

That's not my concern, but not everyone can come to skype. There's things like time zones, voice chatting not being for everyone, let alone karaoke, bandwidth, etc... So I want a thread to be made about it at least asap so it doesn't limit people from joining because they don't know about it. That's one thing I mean by clique. Only people and their friends and people that were actively in idol know about it.

Uh...how is that any different from the MM-BBS chat room? Time zones and such are always going to be an issue, and people are always going to have varying interests. Making a thread is a good idea to draw more attention to it in case people didn't think to check new posts in this thread, but either way what's the big deal about a few friends having a karaoke chat? It's not an exclusive Official MMBBS Karaoke Club For Important People, it's just people who happened to have met each other through this BBS and others having fun on weekends. At least that's what it sounds like from the posts in these threads, I haven't actually been to one since idol ended xD

#23 Soli

Soli
  • Buono!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:44 AM

Calm down, AP2000 just mentioned the idea and Prinny and I will talk about it and figure something out. :lmfao:

Strawberry: We'll make an official thread after we've talked about it, no worries.

And it's not like people aren't allowed to talk with other people over skype without an official group. :lol: Just don't talk about it openly on the forum in a way that others see you forming a group but have no way to join. Which is what strawberry means, I think. It's rude and so sad to the people who aren't invited to your chat. :tongue:

#24 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:06 PM

Flood control just destroyed my somewhat long post... =/

Anyway, I made an extra thread for this.

#25 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

Uh...how is that any different from the MM-BBS chat room? Time zones and such are always going to be an issue, and people are always going to have varying interests. Making a thread is a good idea to draw more attention to it in case people didn't think to check new posts in this thread, but either way what's the big deal about a few friends having a karaoke chat? It's not an exclusive Official MMBBS Karaoke Club For Important People, it's just people who happened to have met each other through this BBS and others having fun on weekends. At least that's what it sounds like from the posts in these threads, I haven't actually been to one since idol ended xD

Replying to this since I said I would talk about it after exams.

To me, the chat is a lot more accessible. There is a reason why I have that link there. Sure they can be scheduling problems still, but at least we can leave each other messages which isn't really an option for a skype group chat. And it does seems like a karaoke club for important people to outsiders.

I want it to be clear that I don't like this, but if you're going to do things like this, please make a thread at least so people can join and it's not a just between friends who've added each other on skype. Thanks for making the thread, just saying this for future stuff.

#26 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

And it does seems like a karaoke club for important people to outsiders.

Funny, most people seem to feel that way about mm-bbs as a whole when they first come here. And like any "club", there's always going to be people who are more active than others, and those people will be considered regulars or something. But I feel it's important to point out that most everyone here who ever went to a Skype/AIM/Yahoo chat found out about it on mm-bbs, or was told about it by a member. Idol itself's been going on since 2001 or so when Jet started it, and even then, those chats had been going before. The only thing that made them considered exclusive in any way was people deciding not to join in. Sure, not everyone was well-liked or even tolerated at times, but hey, welcome to mm-bbs. Welcome to LIFE.

#27 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

since 2001

Wow, really ??
I thought this was the second time. lol...