• Please log in to reply
The K-Pop Spam Thread for all the stuff that's not really news but is anyway 610 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Aug 29 2010 07:19 PM · 

#211 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

So, DSP are going to debut their new girl group in both Japan and Korea.

Considering being associated with KARA didn't make Rainbow super popular, I don't know if they're expecting it to this time.

#212 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

You are a lady until you are married and then you become "Mrs.". It's traditional southern etiquette! :lesson:

Who is this chick and why is she speaking for Girls' Generation?

My favorite part is when she says "one's in it for dancing, one for singing, and three have good looks..." :rofl: I don't think she's a fan of girl groups. :rofl:

She's "WSJ's Min-Jeong Lee " and she's Korean, so of COURSE she knows who Girls' Generation are. DUH! All Koreans know everything else Korean. It's a fact. My initiation teacher for the KKK told me so.

I'm going to need to stay up and watch Letterman tonight to see how big of a bomb this is. I'm hoping they surprise me and it's not full of suck, but we'll see.

The other lady mentioned several other acts who tried to make it in America. Does anyone know who?

#213 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

BoA and Se7en are the only recent ones I can think of.

#214 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Wonder Girls, and I'm pretty sure Rain blipped on the radar here too.

In other news, people never learn that using K-pop as a basis to create your own thing will only ever result in internet fury.

I kinda doubt it.

I knew the last line of conversation was re: Hwayoung. Subsequently, when I came back and saw the last post was by you, I said to myself, "Self, this is going to be some iteration of 'This could at least have happened with a/the hot one!'"

I cackled when I was right.

Don't fight it; I know you better than you know yourself.

#215 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Wonder Girls, and I'm pretty sure Rain blipped on the radar here too.

In other news, people never learn that using K-pop as a basis to create your own thing will only ever result in internet fury.

I kinda doubt it.

I knew the last line of conversation was re: Hwayoung. Subsequently, when I came back and saw the last post was by you, I said to myself, "Self, this is going to be some iteration of 'This could at least have happened with a/the hot one!'"

I cackled when I was right.

Don't fight it; I know you better than you know yourself.

You cheater, that doesn't count ! :<

#216 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks to Eat Your Kimchi for starting to highlight non-idoly pop Korean singer/artists (Indies). All the kpop sites don't pay much attention to acts outside of the idols so it's nice to listen to something different.

I highly recommend it to people like me who listen to practically anything that involves musical notes being formed together to create a song. (Even if you don't care for Martina and Simon.)
You might find something you like, even just a little. Posted Image (That means even you Aeug!)

#217 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thanks to Eat Your Kimchi for starting to highlight non-idoly pop Korean singer/artists (Indies). All the kpop sites don't pay much attention to acts outside of the idols so it's nice to listen to something different.

I highly recommend it to people like me who listen to practically anything that involves musical notes being formed together to create a song. (Even if you don't care for Martina and Simon.)
You might find something you like, even just a little. Posted Image (That means even you Aeug!)

I can not watch that person talk for more than half a word.

#218 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Then skip it and watch the videos. :P

#219 Plum

Plum

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ayup. I like EYK though. Sometimes they bore/irk me and sometimes I think they're the cutest couple alive. I think that's just life; everyone's mannerisms can't please everyone all the time, or something.

They put an insane amount of work into their channel, though. The amount of videos they put out per week is kind of staggering, and I'm digging the idea of weekly indie recommendations.

#220 Plum

Plum

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

Oh hi, double post.

I have two songs from pretty new groups I'm digging right now.

The first one is by a new group called SPICA, who I can only assume were named after either a spam product or racial slur. It's called Russian Roulette, and it has whistling and strings and high notes. SOLD.

The second is Nalina by Block B. I don't really like boy groups, but this song is like a grittier version of I Am The Best performed by dudes.

That one dude really needs to learn to say the word "hot" correctly, though. Yow. :popper:

#221 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

The first one is by a new group called SPICA, who I can only assume were named after either a spam product or racial slur. It's called Russian Roulette, and it has whistling and strings and high notes. SOLD.

HOLY CRAP that girl at 0:11 has weird, huge eyes. Just like that Jiyeon from T-ara.
So fucking scary.

ARGH, the one right after her, with the red hair, looks even weirder !!

The song reminds me of En Vogue, but with less R'n'B.

#222 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

I honestly don't know why CCM thought this was a good idea.

You probably don't know these guys. Remember CoEd? No. Well, these guys are the male half, in their sub-group SPEED. They haven't done anything since 2010, since two of them were caught drinking and one was accused of rape. But now they're back to bring you even MORE T-ara MVs.

#223 Plum

Plum

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, that is a complete disaster. The guys aren't even the focus, and it sounds awful.

They are trying to run a great song into the ground and I won't stand for it! :angry:

#224 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Is there a girl in that group or does he just have manboobs?

#225 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hwayoung and Hyoyoung are in it. I was wondering why one looked so much like a girl until my friend told me. :confused:

#226 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

I try to push my favorite kpop group on everyone I meet.

It's their second Japanese single. Love it. Except for maybe the choreo. It's kind of silly.

#227 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

>Females in group
>The male members of COED SCHOOL have formed the unit group "SPEED".

:whatthe:

I actually liked "Bbbiribeom" or whatever that single was called. But everyone else didn't stick with me.

#228 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hwayoung and Hyoyoung aren't members. They're just there. That's what CCM does.

#229 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Gaon released the 2011 albums that sold over 100k. All 12 of them:

01 - 385,348 - Girls' Generation - The Boys/Mr. Taxi
02 - 343,348 - Super Junior - Mr. Simple
03 - 266,727 - TVXQ - Keep Your Head Down
04 - 220,142 - JYJ - In Heaven
05 - 142,644 - BEAST - Fiction & Fact
06 - 138,975 - Big Bang - 4th Mini Album (EP)
07 - 129,894 - Super Junior - A-Cha
08 - 116,028 - CNBLUE - First Step
09 - 114,586 - Kim Hyun Joong - Breakdown (EP)
10 - 106,148 - Kim Hyun Joong - Lucky (EP)
11 - 100,880 - KARA - STEP
12 - 100,428 - 2PM - Hands Up

#230 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

SPICA, who I can only assume were named after either a spam product or racial slur. It's called Russian Roulette, and it has whistling and strings and high notes. SOLD.

It's a star. :lesson: Takui taught me that. Also, good find with Russian Roulette, it reminds me of a serious attempt at what UFA tried to do with Silver no Udedokei, only kissing the sky becomes putting a gun to your head.

Speaking of racial slurs, can we talk about Jenny Hyun? After reading her twitter posts, I thought she was Uncle Rukus.

She makes Kamei Eri & Wada Ayaka look like, well... Kamei Eri & Wada Ayaka.

Also, she fails royally because a lot of KPOP's sound wouldn't exist without black people who made music in that style first. :hahaha:

#231 Plum

Plum

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

I am on my iPhone and too lazy to work links, but there was an extremely insincere apology and a guy from Drunken Tiger said she was a complete nobody in KPop and she's more of a self proclaimed songwriter.

I honestly think she's Ann Coulter-ing it to get attention. She feels like a troll to me. If not, well... I want to think no one can actually be that ignorant, but I know that isn't true. It goes without saying that her statements were disgusting. Genocide. She suggested genocide. Then when people scared her she said violence wasn't the answer. I just... :popper:

#232 Farrah

Farrah
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

So, her people put this up on her blog. If it's true, it sucks. But ngl, this just seems like backpedaling LOL. She had racist shit all over her blog before this "episode", anyway, although all of the links are dead because they deleted them to cover their asses.

#233 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

In other news Block B don't like Thai people? Their damage control is laughable. The leader Zico just shaved his head?

#234 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

In other news Block B don't like Thai people? Their damage control is laughable. The leader Zico just shaved his head?

Ew boybands.

#235 Plum

Plum

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

So, her people put this up on her blog. If it's true, it sucks. But ngl, this just seems like backpedaling LOL. She had racist shit all over her blog before this "episode", anyway, although all of the links are dead because they deleted them to cover their asses.

Everyone on Omona is saying essentially, "I don't care, she's obviously racist apart from her illness." And, sure, that could be... but dude. It's paranoid schizophrenia. Do you honestly think that it doesn't classify as a paranoid delusion to believe that black people are the cause of all the strife in the world? Naturally she could just be racist and her psychosis amplified that, but it could also be largely due to her illness. I guess the point is that if she's really ill, it isn't your business to judge one behavior as a result of her illness and another not. You don't know her or her condition well enough, and you clearly don't understand to what degree mental illness can change a person. /soapbox

#236 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I wouldn't doubt if it was mostly her illness. I went back pretty far on her twitter and she contradicts herself at every point. At one point she would hate them and at another she would love them.

#237 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Twitter just gives a voice to your subconscious and you don't realize that you just spoke aloud the little thought it the back of your mind to a crowded room of people, very loudly.

Illness aside. Now a days you say one wrong thing and you're classified as a racist pig or you hate this or that. I'm entitled as a human being to hate someone or something if I want to hate them but it doesn't mean I think I hate an entire race or culture or religion because of it.

#238 Farrah

Farrah
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'm not saying her mental illness didn't affect her - I'm saying I don't know if I believe she really has a mental illness or if they're making ti up as a damage control technique. If she is a paranoid schizophrenic, this is very sad and I hope she gets the help she needs - I have a family member who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia so I know what it's like. But the timing and the fact that they're deleting everything shitty she has said over such a long period of time is somewhat... suspect.

#239 Plum

Plum

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Oh noooo, Farrah, my post was so not in response to you, sorry! I just read some really ridiculous comments on Omona and went on a rant. I only quoted you since you linked to the news. :lol: I actually agree with you. I think all of us are giving it the side-eye.

#240 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Oh noooo, Farrah, my post was so not in response to you, sorry! I just read some really ridiculous comments on Omona and went on a rant. I only quoted you since you linked to the news. :lol: I actually agree with you. I think all of us are giving it the side-eye.

That might have been mine.

EDIT:
Or not, I didn't comment there.