• Please log in to reply
The All Purpose BIG BANG Thread now with more bang for your buck 72 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Sep 08 2010 06:40 PM · 

#61 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Okay, Plum, I'll raise your performances of Fantastic Baby with the YG on Air series.

#62 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

In all seriousness, my friend and I are going if BB hits Atlanta, and you are invited to join us. Farrah should come too.

:weeeh: :weeeh: I'm so in. Thanks Plummy!

>“After T.O.P works out he asks me to touch his body.

I always knew they were gay for each other.

#63 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

I find it amusing that things like that are mentioned in the asian countries, yet if it were implied here the world would explode. two hot guys together>hot guy mediocre girl though I think it's accepted by super fangirls because it's "safe" for their psyche. Oh he loves his bandmate, not a girl I could never aspire to become.

#64 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Korea is behind the U.S. in terms of gay rights and general acceptance of homosexuality, but there's the whole "skinship" idea that's normal there. Arguably "romantic friendships" were also far more acceptable in the Western world until relatively recently (like the last century and a half, let's say). It's an odd trade-off.

I'm really fascinated by the concept of the romantic friendship and why it became perceived as unusual. As someone who has always been very snuggly (for lack of a better word) with her friends, I find the reactions some people here have to that a bit odd. I was out with a friend of mine doing wedding stuff (I'm her maid of honor) and her mom was accompanying us, and she seemed to be a bit uncomfortable with our friend PDA, to the point where she just asked us to stop. It's not as if she had any concerns that her daughter was gay; she was trying on dresses for her wedding to a lovely man. But it still seemed to weird her out, and I felt bad about it despite not generally feeling there was anything wrong with it. :lol:

I also had a conversation yesterday about how I can't relate to girls that are super into fantasizing about men sleeping together. I don't totally understand the male obsession with lesbians, either. If I am a straight woman and really that hot for a guy, wouldn't I be more excited about the idea of him making out with me than the idea that he's not into ladybits? I kind of wonder if half of it is that it's perceived as having an element of danger or forbiddenness. I mean I have been told that it's like, hey, two hot guys in one frame being sexy are better than one, and on a basic level I can see that. However, there seems to be a dynamic of purposefully excluding yourself from the scenario and making it purely voyeuristic.

I may also be entirely wrong. I think about human behavior a little too much.

#65 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Spoiler

I forgot about the skinship thing. :hahaha: I know there's articles on the yaoi popularity with women but my google-fu is weak today because I can't find the ones I read.

#66 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'll just drop this right here and be on my merry way.
Big Bang & Eminem - The Real Howgee

#67 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Big Bang released their MV for Monster.

OMG the hair! THE HAIR!

#68 Plum

Plum

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Taeyang looks like a classy futuristic lady.

#69 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Who pissed in the hair stylist's cheerios? :rofl: The song has grown on me after the third listen and I like it. And curse them for not making it available in the US Store.

#70 Plum

Plum

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Oh, GD released a new video. And I just... am not sure if serious.

Here's hoping not.

#71 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Y SO SERIOUS!? I'm in total love with GD's newest release, Crayon.

I don't think I've ever burst out laughing at a MV before.

#72 Rally

Rally
  • °C-ute

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

CRAYON starts off as a coherent and rather decent rap song, but then... ZOMG RANDOM DANCE BEAT JUST BECAUSE KPOP.

Meh. I'm gonna go listen to Rania. :rolleyes:

#73 Ajisai

Ajisai
  • H!P Egg

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

I have to say the first time I heard CRAYON I had a WTF moment. But then I saw the video and cried from all the laughing I was doing. The song grows on you the more you listen to it which to me makes it a fun song. Thank goodness he has normal hair for now. :tongue: