• Please log in to reply
SISTAR : The Thread 21 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Nov 20 2010 02:41 PM · 

#1 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

SISTAR is one of the break out rookie groups of 2010. They started off a little slow with Push Push, but later broke out worldwide (Unknowingly) with Shady Girl. Now SISTAR are returning to the scene with their 3rd single on Novemeber 29th.

Tracklist::

01. Mighty SISTAR
02. Over
03. How Dare You*
04. How Dare You (Inst)

Their title track will be How Dare You. :lol:

That's all I got for now.

#2 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

Those Push Push outfits look like 2NE1's stylists got a hold of SNSD's leftovers. :lol:

I'm genuinely trying to like Sistar because they're really good live singers, but neither Push Push nor Shady Girl have managed to appeal to me. I don't know what it is. :confused:

#3 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Have you posted Push Push before ?
Somehow it sounds familiar to me.

It's a bit too slow for me, but I have to agree with Pflaume that their live (if it was 100% live) appearances sounded good.

#4 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

Have you posted Push Push before ?
Somehow it sounds familiar to me.

It's a bit too slow for me, but I have to agree with Pflaume that their live (if it was 100% live) appearances sounded good.

I posted it in the old Kpop thread I think when I was all gun-hoe about keeping up with the girl groups coming out this year but then I sorta went pfft.

#5 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

SISTAR are delaying the release of their single because of the Yeonpyeong Island ordeal. And they haven't given a new date yet. :< I'm super sad, there was pole dancing involved. D:

#6 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

I don't know to what extent people watch variety shows here but one of the SISTAR girls (Hyorin) showed up on a new variety show called "Oh! My School". I thought it was pretty good, so if you feel like it, check it out.

#7 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

I liked "Push Push," but it did get a little tiring after a while. "Shady Girl" just was...okay.
Hopefully "How Dare You" will be good. <3

#8 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

The music video for "How Dare You" was released today.

The narrative of the video reminds me of "Shady Girl"'s, but the audio itself seems like a good dance track.

#9 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

They really removed all the pole dancing parts in the MV. So sad, I hope they release the original MV later I'm sure the groups upset they had to remove that part since they probably worked a long time on the dance routine. Also I heard they changed the lyrics because they didn't pass the KBS censors.

#10 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I only get time to do this crap on the weekends. And besides Girls Day, SISTAR is one of the rookie groups that I like. So here I go posting again!

Anyway, SISTAR has a subgroup now, SISTAR19 with Hyorin and Bora. Their debut single was Ma Boy (Watch the PV)

Live performance from music bank (I think) Interesting choreography involving chairs is always interesting. :wheely:

#11 Molly

Molly
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Sistar are flawless bitches. That's all I have to say, they're my girls. Soyou is my love, but Bora is a close second. She's so fierce.

#12 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

SISTAR released the music video for "So Cool". It's the lead track for their upcoming album SO COOL set to be released 2011-08-09.

Posted Image

#13 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Song isn't bad but that butt rubbing move is going to cause trouble in Korea, I can just see it now.

#14 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:56 AM

You must be psychic. The dance move got banned and won't be in any performances.

#15 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

You must be psychic. The dance move got banned and won't be in any performances.

Well it was awkward to watch them doing it for me so I knew if it was awkward for me, that it wouldn't make it to the public stage. It seems like every other post on ALLKPOP is about how a dance is getting banned or changed because the "public" finds it sexually suggestive. It was only a matter of time. I know groups want to push the envelope, but South Korea seems bent on grabbed the envelope and slapping them upside the head with it.

#16 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Oh, I just read that the move wasn't banned. Starship changed it before it could be considered for banning. I guess it was just to get people interested in the MV.

#17 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

And here we have the updated choreography seen in a live performance from Music Bank. They still look really trashy in those dresses.

#18 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Eat Your Kimchi's next interview was with Sistar. Only one of them speaks English this time so lots of subtitles.

#19 Molly

Molly
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

I didn't realize we had a Sistar thread :o They're my second favorite girl group. Any objections if I come back later and make a massive intro post to them/their music?

#20 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Go right ahead. I'll throw it into the first post if you make it pretty enough. Posted Image

#21 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Being quite the transition from "Alone", the music video for the summer-themed song "Loving U" was just released along with their second mini-album SISTAR Summer Special Album. This album is something CCM would do: two new tracks and five remixes.

#22 Farrah

Farrah
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

I feel like Hyorin is capable of so much more than the material they get. I felt like Alone was a step in the right direction, but Loving U feels like a step backward. Her talent level is too high for this cutesy shit. Admittedly, only 2/4ths of the group can really sing so I can understand why they don't the most challenging songs.