• Please log in to reply
LA.G, A girl group with a twist! 5 Girl Band! (Well not a real band...) 7 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Feb 16 2011 01:01 AM · 

#1 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

I'm a lazy bastard, so I'm just going to quote allkpop on all of this. I liked the concept for the group. It's like 12 Girl Band meets Kpop. :x

InterVidiEntertainment announced that they were going to debut a ‘classical music girl group’, they immediately hooked everyone’s attention. The group’s name is ‘LA.G’, which was inspired by the note ‘la‘ – the standard tuning note for all instruments. The ‘G’ in their name was taken from the first letter of ‘gorgeous.’

InterVidi introduced the group as a “team that is going to reinterpret the normally-heavy classical genre into a more mainstream type of music.” It certainly seems like the girls are tackling this challenge with great ferocity, as they revealed that the intro to their title song, “Don’t Delude Yourself” is based off a sample from Beethoven’s ‘Symphony No. 5’.

To modernize this classical behemoth, the girls have added an electric beat. However, they still plan to stay on the path of a girl group by delivering a ‘cute and feminine’ track. “Wavering” has been described a ‘hook’ song that has a trot-like feel.

Posted Image

Five girls were chosen from an open audition which targeted graduates who majored in music. They’ve been identified as Ian (cello), Tanya (viola), Dahee (piano), Rua (violin), and Rahyun (drums).

The girls expressed their firm passion for music, and to achieve something new. “At first, it wasn’t easy to convince our parents. However, our passion towards a new world of music has finally bore fruit. Whether this space stuck into a specific frame and values that are schematic are real or not, we’re going to kick out of that.”

Their Debut single can be found here.

Or be lazy like me and youtube listen to the songs first. (I personally like the second track, Shaken.)

01. “Don’t Flatter Yourself” feat. Shingun

02. “Shaken”

03. “Don’t Flatter Yourself” (LA.G Version)

04. “Don’t Flatter Yourself” (Instrumental)

05. “Shaken” (Instrumental)

#2 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

The premise sounded interesting.
But from the two songs I've listened to it's all just UNZ UNZ UNZ *violin* UNZ UNZ UNZ...

#3 Ari

Ari
  • S/mileage

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

But from the two songs I've listened to it's all just UNZ UNZ UNZ *violin* UNZ UNZ UNZ...

That's what I was thinking :P Though it really is a cool concept, so I think I'll try and pay attention to this group :) But it really sucks how they won't be able to play their instruments on music channels :/

#4 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

Their debut single sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack for a cheesy 80s film. Not as bad as Coin Jackson's recent debut, but I'm predicting a flop.

#5 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:22 AM

I like this! But then again I've always been a sucker for classical remixes. Is there going to be an MV?

#6 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Haven't found a MV yet, so it might not be out. But I did find a live concert performance.

And I also found a live performance of them doing a cover of Highway Star by Deep Purple

#7 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

I stopped reading at classical because I already knew I'd love. :wub:

#8 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Haven't found a MV yet, so it might not be out. But I did find a live concert performance.

And I also found a live performance of them doing a cover of Highway Star by Deep Purple

That's about a million kinds of win right there.