• Please log in to reply
Berryz Return to the USA MORE REASON WHY NJ IS THE BEST. 273 replies to this topic Started by Usako , Nov 13 2011 08:12 AM · 

#61 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Not sure about Seattle, Usako could tell you. For AX with Morning Musume they had a Q&A and concert and various handshake, autograph sessions. But getting a ticket was murder. Same for Berryz I heard. You gotta be up at the ass crack of dawn to get into those lines ahead of the Japanese wota, who I hear don't sleep. It was sweet justice at AX when we got there to get into line with our tickets and they realize later that they needed one and they didn't have one. Oh I wouldn't feel too bad about them, I think they got into the other ones. (I think...)

#62 Usako

Usako
  • °C-ute

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm all open for NYC48, anyway is Berryz going to have a Q&A or something similar. I have never been to a H!P event so I am
not sure what goes on at these events. Is it true that they can accept gifts? I was thinking about making a photo collage of East coast sights in the members offical colors.

I can indeed help answer your questions here. :danceman:

They did have a Q&A last time. Here's all four parts. (( You can hear my dorky squeaky voice in the first video when they ask the audience how they found out about Berryz. :rofl: )

Soooooo if it is run similarly as to when they were in Seattle, you will be able to see them a lot during the convention. (Opening and Closing ceremonies, guest reception, Q&A, the concert and handing out the lotto prizes.) And yes, you were allowed to bring them gifts during the autograph sessions.

#63 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

Well, Ukyo and I just found who we're going to stay with, so this trip is as good as confirmed for us. :danceman:

#64 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

I just purchased my tickets yesterday. Yay for last minute stuff.

#65 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

I just purchased my tickets yesterday. Yay for last minute stuff.

Tickets for what? Plane? Convention? Concert?

#66 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

For the convention. Sorry, should have clarified.

#67 Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

I pre-registered! I haven't bought tickets to an anime convention in a long time.

#68 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Bump this mo-fo!

It's getting close. I just booked my plane tickets over the weekend. I'll be flying in to Newark around 12:30 on that Thursday if anyone else is going to be around. Apparently there's a train that runs from there which will get you to a station which has shuttles that run to the convention area.

#69 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm bumming a ride with Usako. Posted Image What hotel is everyone staying at to the people that are going. We should have some sort of meet-up planned.

But we're so not organized about doing stuff like that. MM-BBS, Slackers for Life! Posted Image

#70 Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

I live about an hour away so I'm foregoing the hotel in favor of having more money, but I'm definitely interested in meetups!

#71 Madara

Madara
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm bumming a ride with Usako. Posted Image What hotel is everyone staying at to the people that are going. We should have some sort of meet-up planned.

But we're so not organized about doing stuff like that. MM-BBS, Slackers for Life! Posted Image

I booked a reservation at some hotel recommended on the convention website, but now I forget which one. I'm sure I printed out the reservation sheet, though.

I still haven't registered. I applied for a press pass and am waiting to hear from them.

#72 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Is anyone going to be trying to score some goods for the underpriveleged again? If so this time I'll have to get something. :crazy:

#73 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

Yeah, I'd love a Saki shirt and am willing to pay a bit extra for your trouble. :3

#74 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

The main problem is that we've got no idea what they'll be selling there. I wonder if they'll release a goods list beforehand.

#75 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Is this through HSU again? If so HSU will do it.

#76 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

UFA go to a Convention and NOT sell anything? MADNESS!

Last I heard from HSU's twitter feed, "We are working on attending AnimeNEXT but still are not officially attending."

#77 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yeah, but the main thing it WHAT they will be selling. No doubt they'll be CDs there, and they may have some special things for the event, but unless they actually advertise it beforehand, it'll be a blind buy for anyone not attending.

#78 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

HSU usually has a list of what they are selling beforehand, that's what they did for Sakuracon so I don't see this as being any different.

#79 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

So is anyone taking a few days before or after the convention to be able to hang out and do random things in the area? Myself and Ukyo will be taking about 3 days before or after the con to do so, but we can't decide which would be better. If anyone has suggestions, let me know

#80 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm getting there that Thursday around 11am and leaving that Monday afternoon, so I'll have a little extra time.

#81 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

It's all up in the air right now, but I do know I'll be taking the bus down from either Boston or Worcester on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. I just have to wait to hear from Usako oh where she'll be collecting my poor excuse for a car-less soul.

#82 Usako

Usako
  • °C-ute

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

I am still waiting on ironing out the details with another friend too, but there will be meet up in NYC Thursday evening. Friggin' badge pick up just shitted on that plan. (It's confirmed for 7-9 pm Thursday) So we'll do DAY time drinking, karaoke and dinner lunch to amp us. You guys are more than welcome to join us in city playtimes. 8o

I can also help do pick ups again this year if anyone wants merch.

#83 Madara

Madara
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

The convention took forever to get the press application up online, so I filled it out over a week ago when it went up and I'm still waiting for a reply. This has been pretty frustrating. AX in 2009 was much more efficient than this.

#84 Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Friggin' badge pick up just shitted on that plan. (It's confirmed for 7-9 pm Thursday)

Is that the ONLY time? I really don't want to drive an hour and change just to pick up my badge and then go home <_<

#85 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Friggin' badge pick up just shitted on that plan. (It's confirmed for 7-9 pm Thursday)

Is that the ONLY time? I really don't want to drive an hour and change just to pick up my badge and then go home <_<

You can wait and get them on Friday morning but there will be a butt load more people and it's been said that Berryz concert is also Friday. (Which I hope is a dirty lie! Posted Image)

#86 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Schedule for Berryz is out. (Thanks Usako!)

FRIDAY: June 8th

3pm - Opening Ceremony
The members of Berryz Kobo will be at the opening ceremony event. This will be your first chance to see the full group in person.

3:30pm - Booth Appearance
Berryz Kobo will stop by their merchandise booth (A6 & A7) for a quick pre-concert appearance. They will also sign the booth's display banner which we will raffle off on Saturday. (details on how to win it below)

7pm-8:30pm - Concert
Berryz Kobo takes the main events stage for their AnimeNEXT concert. Doors open at 6:30pm and the concert is FREE with your convention badge.
Premium Admission:
We are also offering a special premium admission pass to allow the holder front of the line access into the concert before general admission. Besides going into the concert first you will get a special badge and lanyard gift. Premium pass also includes an entry into our backstage raffle drawing where you get to meet the group after the concert. More information below
On sale Friday May 18th at 5pm Eastern $30 each

8:45pm - Backstage Winners Meet & Greet
Win a backstage pass to meet Berryz Kobo after their concert. This will be a raffle style drawing and only those with a Premium Pass will be entered to win a chance to go backstage. Each premium pass you buy will enter you into the backstage drawing. Winners will be announced and contacted before AnimeNEXT starts.

SATURDAY: June 9th

3:15-4:15pm - Q & A Session
Stop by the main event room to learn all about the talented women of Berryz Kobo in this fan Q&A session. Ask them a question or just stop by to show your support.

4:30-5:30pm - Autograph Session
Get your Berryz Kobo items autographed by the band. Only official items will be signed. There will be plenty of merchandise available at their booth throughout the convention. Those that purchase $40 or more will get a special wristband which give you priority during the autograph session. One item will be autographed at a time. If you want a 2nd item signed you must get back in line to do so. The autograph area is right next to the main events room.

5:45pm - Berryz Kobo Banner Giveaway
Join us back at the booth as we announce the winner of the signed banner giveaway. To enter into the raffle all you have to do is purchase Berryz Kobo items at the booth. Every $20 you spend on merchandise will earn you a raffle entry into the drawing.

*No video or audio recording equipment permitted*
*Times and events are subject to change*

Premium Admission Passes: with premium admission, ticket holders get front of the line access into the concert. You will be up front near the stage before general admission no line waiting needed. You will still need a convention pass to attend the concert even if you purchase a premium admission pass. Tickets will not be shipped. You can pick up your pass during the convention at the Jpophouse/JHRE booth. Only a limited number or tickets will be sold. Ticket holders will enter the venue in the order in which they purchased tickets.

#87 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Jeez, so many damn events to go to, and now more money to spend :( It seems like you would be kinda screwed if you don't get the premium wristband or whatever, especially if as many people go to this as I think they will.

#88 Molly

Molly
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

All I want is a Risako autograph :( I wish I could go so bad :puppyeyes:

#89 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Don't wish!

DO.

#90 Molly

Molly
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

That's easier said than done when I have no license/transportation and only about $50 to my name. :puppyeyes: