• Please log in to reply
Berryz Koubou :: Ai no Album 8 Berryz are a sack of potatoes! 28 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Jan 25 2012 05:35 PM · 

#1 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

February 22, Berryz Koubou's Ai no Album 8.

01.Mythology ~Ai no Album~
02.Yononaka Barairo
03.Shy boy
04.Because Happiness
05.Renai Moyou -- Tokunaga Chinami, Sudou Maasa, Kumai Yurina, Sugaya Risako
06.Ai no Dangan
07.Amazuppai Haru ni Sakurasaku
08.Atarashii Hibi: Shimizu Saki, Tsugunaga Momoko, Natsuyaki Miyabi
09.Aa, Yo ga Akeru
10.Seishun Gekijou (Berryz工房 Ver.)

http://www.helloproj...rryz/a_010.html

#2 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

LQ Album Covers
Posted Image

and artist photos

They are a sack of potatoes with a red ribbon. In Miyabi's case, one ribbon is never enough.

#3 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

Cute has won this battle.

#4 Madara

Madara
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I just ordered this album along with the Blu-ray of the Berryz/C-ute "Collabo" concert. Of course, I have to wait a month to get them.

#5 lonely cookies

lonely cookies
  • H!P Egg

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Looks like an album of choir songs or something :whatthe:

#6 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

I just ordered this album along with the Blu-ray of the Berryz/C-ute "Collabo" concert. Of course, I have to wait a month to get them.

I'm going to wait till the Convention to buy my album. Chances are they'll be some sort of something attached to buying it. If not... well then screw them! Posted Image They could have had my money at a premium!

#7 enmi

enmi
  • °C-ute

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

I normally like the Berryz albums, but this cover makes me think it is just going to be blah. What have they done to my Berryz?

I would ask them to have English phrases that at least make sense, but that takes half of the fun out of JPOP!

#8 freezingkiss

freezingkiss
  • まあさ is well ❤

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Because Happiness

That's why. Poor Berryz look like 17th century choir boys. :cryalot:

#9 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Posted Image

An entire album described in one picture.

#10 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Everyone gets their awkward smile on for Regular:
Posted Image

Serious and serene for Limited:
Posted Image

#11 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

Those dresses are..... hideous

and I know jack about fashion!

#12 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

So I guess I drew Miyabi. Score!

They look like prettier versions of a snuggie.

One of their songs better be a choral number. That's the only way I'll call these outfits intentional.

#13 lonely cookies

lonely cookies
  • H!P Egg

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Saki looks gorgeous from the neck up.... cute hair :3

#14 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • °C-ute

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Why the heck is Risako in the back?!

#15 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Because you wouldn't be able to see the others behind her if she was in the front.

#16 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

Because you wouldn't be able to see the others behind her if she was in the front.

:hahaha:...

:dammit:

Seriously though, unless she's singing she always likes to hide somewhere in the background

#17 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

She's in back as punishment until she gets that face of her's back to normal.

#18 Rally

Rally
  • °C-ute

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

She's in back as punishment until she gets that face of her's back to normal.

Oh, yeah. Hardcore blatant duck face in the limited cover.

#19 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Chinami looks like Rika's mom in the limited cover. And Saki is staring down the floating album logo like it's going to attack her.

#20 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

There's finally a preview, but you'll have to download it.

Yononaka Barairo preview. It's not a full preview, but it sounds like standard Berryz.

#21 Madara

Madara
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Chinami looks like Rika's mom in the limited cover.

Very good. :wink:

#22 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

There's finally a preview, but you'll have to download it.

Yononaka Barairo preview. It's not a full preview, but it sounds like standard Berryz.

If you don't want to download it, Youtube has a link up right now.

Sounds like a TNX group song, or even a softer, kind of more retro version of Icchoume Rock! from last year's album. Man, that album was so good. I probably made the same comparison to TNX when I reviewed Icchoume Rock!, actually. :hahaha:

#23 cadmonkey

cadmonkey
  • S/mileage

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

So I'm really behind on this release, but after looking at the costumes for the cover, this is all I can think about:

Spoiler

#24 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Because Happiness preview.

Renai Moyou preview.

I'm not sure if I like Because Happiness. I'll need to wait for something HQ. I can say that it takes way too long to get started, though. Renai Moyou's got a damn sweet instrumental, though.

#25 Rally

Rally
  • °C-ute

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

That opening synth at the beginning of "Because of Happiness" sounded all too familiar. OK YEAH much?
Song isn't bad, though - kinda whatever from the sound of it. I think that chorus is the biggest turn-off. :whistling:

I actually like the sound of Renai Moyou a lot. It had a lot more potential as a slow R&B track, but it was still a nice effort. Once again I feel the chorus mucked the song up a bit, because everything else was completely on point! :thumbsup:

#26 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Album is up on the US iTunes according to some people over at H!O.

Mythology ~Ai no Album~ This is pretty old school. I like the verses more than the chorus.

Shy Boy I might be alone, but I think this would have been nice as a single. Also Sayu's autotune overflowed a bit into this track.

I'll update with the other tracks if they get put up.

#27 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

(It is on the US iTunes stores.)

Mythology sounds like the opening to some sort of stage musical with top hats, lights and dancing canes and then dissolves into a 70s disco. Boogie Woogie style. Please let Chinami have the afro. Please? Posted Image

And it's just you, I'd shoot myself in the foot if I had to sit through that snore of a PV. I'll come back later with a better review.

#28 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Mythology ~Ai no Album~ is very VERY Ongaku Gatas. Seishun no Custard comes to mind. Sounds cool.

Yononaka Barairo, it's ok, but it doesn't seem like they tried very hard to make this anything more than the generic happy rockish song that appears on many H!P albums. I almost forgot to even mention this track.

shy boy is exactly what I expected, other than the autotune. It's really a pointless feature to the song. They get it so right with Robo Sayu, but this doesn't work at all. Still, a cool AKIRA track. I think this should/could have been a C-ute song.

Because happiness, More happiness -since the rest of the album is emo musume x 10.

Renai Moyou is interesting, it's kind of creepy, depressing, and part of the intro vaguely reminds me of Champagne no Koi.

Atarashii Hibi I can't take that FINAL COUNTDOWN 80s synth seriously. Hey, you can play it with this song and it kind of matches in some places.

Seishun Gekijou, I can imagine them in the potato sack outfits while singing this.

There's a bit of an overall late 80s, early 90s vibe. It also got heavier than I would have expected from Berryz. Aa, Yoru ga Akeru kind of inspires the direction of this album.

Chisato's solo track from the C-ute album would fit in really well with most of these songs.

Overall, pretty good, it'll probably grow on me, but I don't expect it to surpass my fondness for 7 Berryz Times. Wait, I made the damn thread last year, Ai no Album 8 doesn't stand a chance.

#29 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

The 7th album was pretty sweet. I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't meant for someone in TNX.

Album scans. Is Yurina stuck in a crawl space?