• Please log in to reply
Discussing Leadership in H!P and Morning Musume! Splitting topics is easy, finding topic titles not so much. 26 replies to this topic Started by rob , Jan 31 2012 05:18 AM · 

#1 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

Slightly off topic... but with 9th and 10th gen performing at tower records the other day...

Anyone else sense a mass graduation coming before the end of the year?

Aika out with injury and sixth gen graduation special.

This time next year... Iikubo Haruna will be the leader of Momusu!

#2 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

Naw, that's just to get them more exposure. Aika's back and actually performing with them again and they're not stupid enough to get rid of Sayu or Reina unless they specifically want to leave.

I'm still sticking by my theory that Eri will return at Risa's graduation concert and we'll get a few years of 6th gen led anarchy.

#3 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Naw, that's just to get them more exposure. Aika's back and actually performing with them again and they're not stupid enough to get rid of Sayu or Reina unless they specifically want to leave.

I'm still sticking by my theory that Eri will return at Risa's graduation concert and we'll get a few years of 6th gen led anarchy.

Deal.

I'll accept Aika lingering around IF Eri comes back.

If she doesn't however.... i might have to break her leg again

you didn't see that! :angel:

#4 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Slightly off topic... but with 9th and 10th gen performing at tower records the other day...

Anyone else sense a mass graduation coming before the end of the year?

Aika out with injury and sixth gen graduation special.

This time next year... Iikubo Haruna will be the leader of Momusu!

What happened to the 9th gen? The next leader after 6th gen and Aika is Mizuki.

#5 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • °C-ute

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

A lot of people think because Haruna is older she will be leader sooner than the others. I kinda feel like as far as seniority goes, Kuduu is he senior most in 10th gen and should be leader before Haruna, but of course 9th gen comes first.

#6 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • Buono!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

^ Remember Mikitty behing Subleader for a long time, even being in sixth gen.

#7 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • °C-ute

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

But she was a soloist befor 5th gen debuted, she was their senior.

#8 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

So then Mizuki has two things that would help, her generation number and the fact that she was previously an egg.

#9 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

So then Mizuki has two things that would help, her generation number and the fact that she was previously an egg.

Oh I can think of two more things she's got going for her... They just need a new swimsuit PB.

#10 showraniy

showraniy
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Oh I can think of two more things she's got going for her... They just need a new swimsuit PB.

Amen to that.

#11 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hasn't the leadership always been passed to the eldest member?

Maybe that's because the eldest member has always been the most senior....

I think Haruna would be a great leader!

#12 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Kaori wasn't the eldest while Kei was still there, so it's probably seniority and then by age within generation.

#13 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

Ah of course!

So maybe it goes by generation, so with only 9th and 10th the leader would be Mizuki... I still think Haruna would be better though

#14 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

You keep spelling Haruka wrong...

#15 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Kaori wasn't the eldest while Kei was still there, so it's probably seniority and then by age within generation.

That time in Musume history got me chewed out once because I didn't understand seniority, but it still never made sense to me because Nacchi was never a sub-leader. It went straight to Kei, and so that always confused me.

And then Miki was made leader for like 5 seconds over Takahashi who had seniority in Morning Musume (Miki had it in Hello!Project only by a few months). So the way I see it, they just did whatever the hell they felt like.

ANYTHING could happen as far as leaders are concerned. ;D I vote Sayumi/Haruka for 2012 Presidential Election!

#16 Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

I always thought they kept sub-leader away from Nacchi because she was so obviously the front girl, and MM were some jealous bitches back in the day!

And could you imagine Miki being led by still-in-her-shell Takahashi?

Posted Image
Miki can't.

I think while seniority takes precedence, they do take other factors into account. I remember watching something (must have been Hello Pro Hour, because I otherwise avoided the kids back then) where Umeda said she wasn't the leader of C-ute despite being the oldest because she was too flaky.

#17 NekoKai

NekoKai
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

But wasn't it Erika's decision to not be the leader?

#18 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • °C-ute

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

^
Yeah, it was her decision. I think seniority in H!P is what deciphers it though hence why Miki was picked above Ai. It may have been a few months but still. Just like how captain is going to become the leader of H!P instead of Sayu when Gaki leaves.

#19 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

They make it up as they go along. Don't bother trying to understand it.

Murata was the original leader of Melon Kinenbi, but Saito was later given the position.

Megumi Murata: 81/03/03
Hitomi Saito: 81/10/31

Ok Al, you win, Mizuki's chest might help out with leadership. :lol:
Does anyone else remember the H!P site back when they had MKB's body measurements on their bios? Probably around 2003 & 2004.

I wonder if you can wayback machine that page...

Speaking of boobs, decisions and girls named Erika, Miyoshi was the oldest member of Viyuuden, born 1984/11/8 while Ishikawa was 1985/1/19. Obviously a popular front girl of Morning Musume would be leader over an audition winner, but that example was just to name another situation where age didn't matter.

#20 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

That time in Musume history got me chewed out once because I didn't understand seniority, but it still never made sense to me because Nacchi was never a sub-leader. It went straight to Kei, and so that always confused me.

And then Miki was made leader for like 5 seconds over Takahashi who had seniority in Morning Musume (Miki had it in Hello!Project only by a few months). So the way I see it, they just did whatever the hell they felt like.

ANYTHING could happen as far as leaders are concerned. ;D I vote Sayumi/Haruka for 2012 Presidential Election!

It never made sense to me either. But it also never made sense to me how it took them so long to give her solo material and start including her in subgroups. You'd think they would've taken advantage of her popularity more than they did.

#21 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

Captain becomes the leader of H!P...

So now she's the Leader Captain or the Captain Leader...

I think it will go to Sayumi as the more well known personality

#22 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

I think we need another thread split. Morning Musume Leader History topic? XD

It never made sense to me either. But it also never made sense to me how it took them so long to give her solo material and start including her in subgroups. You'd think they would've taken advantage of her popularity more than they did.

Are you talking about Nacchi? If I remember correctly, the original point of the sub groups was to give spotlight to the other girls, since Nacchi was the star of MM.

#23 Myst

Myst
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

I always thought Miki became the leader because she was the sub-leader so when Yossi left, and as so, she was next in line. If Kaori left before Kei and Nacchi was still around, I think Kei would have become the leader, not Nacchi.

#24 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Uh... she's still a kid and still looks like a kid.
No need to put her into a swimsuit and make awkward photos of her.

#25 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Uh... she's still a kid and still looks like a kid.
No need to put her into a swimsuit and make awkward photos of her.

Yeah, seriously.

#26 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

This is what happens when H!P releases craptastic singles. You get off-topic and then I'm forced to weed through threads and make new ones. :cryalot:

#27 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Sorry, we can only complain about the peeps outfits and horrible PV execution for so long. :puppyeyes: