• Please log in to reply
Discussing fan service and Hello!Project's attempts! Because you wont let the yellow chicks die. 10 replies to this topic Started by enmi , Feb 03 2012 12:55 AM · 

#1 enmi

enmi
  • °C-ute

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Ranked 3 with 31,094 for the week. Considering it's the first single without Takahashi, and it was an either you hate it or you love it single, I can live with this. I was expecting it to be lower.

I'll take this single and video any day over the SKE48 Kataomoi Finally that got the top spot. The video for that disturbed me. I understand fan service and all, but they just seem a little young for blatant lesbianism. But it's probably a cultural thing that I don't understand. Or wotas. I bet it's wotas. Are they that into lesbian fantasies? :confused:

Edit: I didn't miss any MM version of the whole lesbian fantasy thing for wotas because I live in la-la land, right? Other than the Sayu-Ai kiss, I mean. I thought that was accidental.

Edited by Enmiz, 03 February 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#2 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

GAM was pretty much built on MikiAya action.

#3 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • °C-ute

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

^
Yeah, they kinda kissed in melodies?
And I think V-U-Den had some lesbianism too. Kachoiize Japan?

#4 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

It's the only sexuality the girls (read: any idols) are allowed to have. :mellow:

I don't think the SKE48 PV was that bad after watching it, since they built a storyline around it. (edit- I also think SKE isn't that young(?) The uniforms seem to age them down) The Melodies PV felt gratuitous next to it. But Miki/Aya are more charismatic than the SKE girls. >>

#5 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

One of their two main front girls is 14, but now we're getting off topic again.

#6 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

Considering some of the photobooks that H!P members have released over the years, I don't think H!P fans can point at the whole AKB empire and call foul...

pot...
kettle..
black..

#7 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

Except HP chalked them off as missteps and is pretty much all about cuteness now, with a few of the older girls' PBs being kind of hot. AKB is pretty much making it their entire selling point.

#8 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

PQ Fact :: UFA is much better at marketing childlike innocence and cute then it is at sexually deviants and sexy.

Let the yellow chicks die and peace.

#9 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Except HP chalked them off as missteps

How so? Can you explain what you're referring to?

As for sexuality in H!P, I think they just package it differently. They market cuteness, youth, and innocence, all of which are qualities that are found to be sexually appealing by a certain crowd. Some people may argue that anyone can make anything sexual and it's not H!P's fault that some wota jack off over pictures of innocently smiling 13 year olds, but I have to disagree. UFA knows these people exist and they have found a way to market to them just subtlely enough to still have appeal to a broader crowd and to not be seen as totally creepy and gross. There's a reason for all of those popsicle sucking, hose spraying, boob squishing, looking up at you from a bed photos. :lol: We're just lucky that they still do other things to market to those of us who don't fantasize over 14 year olds. AND at the same time we get to see grown women like Sayumi be sexy! It's a pretty decent deal.

#10 freezingkiss

freezingkiss
  • まあさ is well ❤

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

One of their two main front girls is 14, but now we're getting off topic again.

Her names Jurina, and she's one of the best idols out there right now. :wub:

#11 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

Except HP chalked them off as missteps

How so? Can you explain what you're referring to?

Again, I refer to the ultra dodgy 6th gen fitness test video. That was nearly as creepy as those 12 year old in g-string idl videos Japan puts out.

At least in HP, the girls (or their parents) now also seem to have a fair bit of control over how sexy they want to be. Captain didn't wear a proper swimsuit until she was past 18, for example. In the Alo-Hello PB with the 9th gen, they all wore age appropriate suits with Erina being the least covered one, but Erina also seems more than happy to show off her body, especially her legs and her improbably tiny waist.