• Please log in to reply
AEUGNewtype+Tommy Heavenly6 - Ready? 8-bit Single Tribute to Tommy :) 2 replies to this topic Started by The☆AEUGNewtype , Feb 07 2012 06:53 AM · 

#1 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image

Celebrate Tommy's birthday in retro style! Or something...

As a tribute to Tommy, I decided to cover her entire "Ready?" single in 8-bit style, and I'm releasing it just in time for her birthday this year, which is part of her namesake. I also threw in a really old mix I put together years ago of Tommy's original vocals on "Ready?" mixed with an old MIDI I made of the song back in 2005. Its not the cleanest mix, but I enjoy listening to it, so I thought I'd throw it in as a bonus with the single. This may send some of you back on a trip to the past, since this single is about 7 years old now, but its still one of my favorites. Have fun and enjoy!

Tracklist:

Ready? (8-bit)
GIMME ALL OF YOUR LOVE !! (8-bit)
Ready? (8-bit Instrumental)
Ready? (MIDI Mix)

Download the whole single.

I'm also throwing a lot of it up on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.c...?v=y1fbNTyVYFw'>Ready? (8-bit)

GIMME ALL OF YOUR LOVE !! (8-bit)

Ready? (MIDI Mix)

#2 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Awesome. It feels strange at first to hear her heavenly songs without the pop rock guitar leading them, but they're still great songs and it's a good precursor to her upcoming self-cover album. :weeeh:

#3 neshcom

neshcom
  • back dat ass up to the cloud

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Man, Gimme All Your Love is a major blast to the past! The execution of these is great, but these songs are also perfect choices for a chiptune style. There's variety in each song that pushes them beyond 1:1 remakes. Definitely favorited.

As for the MIDI style... I just can't stand those default MIDI instruments. Sorry, man.