• Please log in to reply
S/mileage - "Dot Bikini" 72 replies to this topic Started by masa , Mar 20 2012 11:52 AM · 

#1 masa

masa
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

S/mileage's new single "Dot Bikini"

#2 Banana

Banana
  • °C-ute

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I don't really like the beachy/tropical sound, but it's cute. Here's the number of solo lines (that I heard) for each person.

Kanon – 5
Akari – 5
Meimi – 5
Dawa - 3
Rina - 0
Kana - 0

#3 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hello Mario Kart H!P single 2.0 (The other one being v-u-den's Issai Gassai Anata ni A.ge.ru, which BTW was also a summer bikini single.)

I feel a Coconuts Musume single being the next cover song, if not I'll be sad because this reminds me of coconuts. Might be the dot repeat line they do, almost sounds like they are saying coconut. Or maybe it just reminds me of the Momoiro Clover song?

If not, an Aya Matsuura song would be a nice cover. :thumbsup: Tropica~l Koishite~ru or Yeah! Meccha Holiday

I like it though, a lot. Much better then the last single. I expect a crazy PV or dance or both. :hawhaw:

#4 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • Buono!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

I like the Summer vibe to it! S/mileage still does put this style off. Let's wait for the PV now.

#5 enmi

enmi
  • °C-ute

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Damn you, Tsunku. I want more Kana! :noway: She'd better get some crazy screen time. :dammit:

The song is cute, though. The shoo-wops are kinda catchy, too.

(Any bets on the song the next single's name is based off of? My vote is "Hound Dog.")

#6 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hello Mario Kart H!P single 2.0 (The other one being v-u-den's Issai Gassai Anata ni A.ge.ru, which BTW was also a summer bikini single.)

I don't understand.
What do Mario Kart and Issai gassai anata ni ageru have in common ?

#7 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I loved it from the intro. I'm hoping for a cute summer PV like AKB's Ponuyshu or Momokuro's Coconuts.

#8 iDOL1641

iDOL1641
  • °C-ute

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

I don't understand.

I think she means by how the intro sounds like Mario Kart.

#9 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

I don't understand.

I think she means by how the intro sounds like Mario Kart.

Yeah, both songs I feel have the vibe of a Mario Kart song. I can just sort of see the little cart going around a circle now.

This also has a lot of Tsunku's annoying growl from Pyoko Pyoko Ultra.

#10 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, both songs I feel have the vibe of a Mario Kart song. I can just sort of see the little cart going around a circle now.

That's how most of these kids songs sound to me... :whatthe:

#11 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

First mini skirt, then bikini...

What other articles of clothing will follow on the next album? I'm thinking either stockings or girdles. :hahaha:

The intro is a weird cross between Anata Iro & Genki Pika Pika.

Also, yes PQ, it's very Koopa Beach. The whispery parts do make me think of Viyuden, but maybe it's more Jajauma Paradise.

Tsunku's vocal presence in this isn't nearly as weird as the stuff he does in Pyoko Pyoko Ultra.

#12 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Tsunku's vocal presence in this isn't nearly as weird as the stuff he does in Pyoko Pyoko Ultra.

Let's all just be glad that we haven't had to experience the second coming of Melodies. :sick:

I like this song! It's cute add addictive, which is what I love about S/mileage these days. I can't tell if Rina or Kana get any lines or not, maybe they're making some of those yays? :lol: As for the PV, I'm hoping there's scenes of them dancing and some close ups. That way I can't possibly be disappointed!

#13 Riho World

Riho World
  • °C-ute

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Covers are out, thanks to LeoHamaski @H!O:

http://yamiprincess....t-bikini-covers

Girls are wearing polka-dot bikini tops and matching skirts. Looks like a CGI beach, probably what we'll see in the MV.

#14 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

They better have a giant flying pink elephant in their PV or I want my money back!

Here, have a group shot.
Posted Image

I wonder if they'll perform in those outfits? I'm really hoping they don't, but you never know with UFA. Posted Image

#15 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Chosen UndeAp

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

They better have a giant flying pink elephant in their PV or I want my money back!

Here, have a group shot.
http://i.imgur.com/2PXuA.jpg

I wonder if they'll perform in those outfits? I'm really hoping they don't, but you never know with UFA. Posted Image

Berryz performed in gowns.
Anything is possible.

#16 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'm pretty sure those were specifically designed to perform in. They're not much different than the 3-nin Matsuri outfits.

#17 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

C/W Info from Arama

Limited Edition A, B, C, D
01. Dot Bikini
02. Smile Blues / Kanon, Meimei (須磨入姉妹 すまいるしまい Sumairu Shimai Smile Sisters)
03. Dot Bikini (Instrumental)

Normal
01. Dot Bikini
02. Koibito wa Kokoro No Ouendan (Country Musume Cover)
03. Dot Bikini (Instrumental)

#18 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

I love the bikini outfits! They're actually really cute and fun and not over-sexualized, which is nice. As for the covers...the elephant one is the best. xD In the one with the watermelon, Take-chan has such an unfortunate facial expression.

02. Smile Blues / Kanon, Meimei (須磨入姉妹 すまいるしまい Sumairu Shimai Smile Sisters)

Interesting! Last year Kanjani8 did something like this where each single had b-side featuring 2 of the members. It would be cool if S/mileage did something like that rather than this just being a random thing like Yowamushi.

02. Koibito wa Kokoro No Ouendan (Country Musume Cover)

Wasted opportunity! :noway: I was hoping for Coconuts Musume, or at least something super summery. Tropica~l Koishite~ru, Yeah Meccha Holiday, hell, even Summer Raggae Rainbow could have been cute. This is one of my least favorite Country Musume songs. =/ Hopefully they can update it and make it interesting.

#19 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

The smile sisters are Kanon and Meimei

#20 enmi

enmi
  • °C-ute

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

The elephant cover is ridiculous. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I hated the cover with Kana, Rina, and Take-chan in the background. I think I would have liked it better if they had another cover where they were in the front. I know that's not how things work, though. Apparently I don't pick the front girls out of the new generations when I pick favorites.

I do agree about the bikinis. They're surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. They were supposed to be yellow, though! <_<

#21 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ಥ_ರೃ #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

As much as I agree on the yellow, I don't think it would have worked with their skin tones. But then again, yellow is the color I hate the most so of course I could just be bias. ;D

#22 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

The bikini's are cute, but I really hate how they put that giant Suma S on everything. Makes it less cute. Would be cuter if they had more styles and colors though.

#23 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

The bikinis aren't bad, but those look like hooker heels. It looks really out of place on top of an elephant. :lol:

#24 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Official Dot Bikini wallpaper to creep our your co-workers with!

#25 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Supposedly we'll be getting some previews of the PV tomorrow.

#26 masa

masa
  • Berryz 工房

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Finally, MV has come! :smile:

#27 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

S/mileage, Y U so awesome?!?

Yay for lots of Akari love, but needs more Kana!

#28 Banana

Banana
  • °C-ute

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I thought that line right after the instrumental break was Meimi, not Kanon. It sounds so much like her. :confused: So Take-chan gets more lines than Meimi again. But Meimi gets the duet with Kanon. Interesting. Anyway, the MV was cute, but really beachy/summery (as expected). I think it's a little too early for that. But I like it. I think. I felt a little creepy when they took off their cover-ups.

#29 rob

rob
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

Can someone explain to me why Berryz Koubou are wearing superhero outfits and doing cute songs when S/mileage are wearing bikini's and doing summer related songs....

Shouldn't it be the other way around? :confused:

#30 YuuakuRisa

YuuakuRisa
  • Buono!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm in heaven! I love the PV and Cinderella looked great. I'm not sure if it was lipstick or gloss but it looks excellent her. The

dance was cute but could have been sharper, still want this video put on itunes. I've watched it seven times already. :smile: I've

had high hopes since the radio rip came out and my hopes have not been dashed!