• Please log in to reply
The Entire WindsorBALLET BBS Recordings Including a previously unheard track! 10 replies to this topic Started by JPope , Sep 01 2014 02:02 AM · 

#1 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

The Census Poll post and reminiscing within it got me thinking about the H!P recordings I did back in the day. They've been missing from the internet for years now, and I imagine that most of the current membership hasn't heard any of these.

Here is the complete collection of WindsoBALLET Hello! Project covers and remixes in (I think) the same order as they were posted.

In addition to these, I cut a hot instrumental of SMAP's "Toilet Paper Man" that BBSMAP never got around to recording, which has always bummed me out, because, other than the crappy snare sound, it's one of the covers I'm most proud of. I offer it here for anyone interested. Seriously, get loaded and and have some fun with it. I tried, but I just suck at singing.

#2 Myst

Myst
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

These were some of my favorites from back in the day... Especially 100kai no KISS. 

#3 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものがテストじゃない

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

These all sound really amazing, but Summer Night Town is my favorite. I love the arrangement on that one, it does incredibly well as a slower rock song.

#4 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Back when I heard these, I always secretly wished I could be one of the in crowd on the BBS and take part in amazing karaokes.

100kai no kiss was always my favorite and I wish I was glomped all over just like airiko. She is so great at singing and is beautiful too. :cryalot:

And well, Jpope you are amaaazing. Hence all the jealousy from me wishing to sing airiko's part. :hahaha:

#5 Myst

Myst
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Back when I heard these, I always secretly wished I could be one of the in crowd on the BBS and take part in amazing karaokes.

100kai no kiss was always my favorite and I wish I was glomped all over just like airiko. She is so great at singing and is beautiful too. :cryalot:

And well, Jpope you are amaaazing. Hence all the jealousy from me wishing to sing airiko's part. :hahaha:

I definitely remember being jealous of airiko too. 

#6 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

I miss airiko. She was a great singer, and I had a few other projects lined up to do with her, but I think her classes kind of got in the way at some point. I never found another singer that I wanted to work with -- until I found my wife. I've got a couple of Jpop tracks I did with her, which I'll post up later. She always wanted to record to my version of Summer Night Town, but the instrumental track is lost.

#7 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

I remember theeese oh my god what a throwback.  I was always super impressed.

#8 Yuki

Yuki
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

These are amazing!!! Thanks for (re)sharing! I hadn't heard them, but I'm glad I have now. TvT

#9 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

It's so funny to hear these! These are the covers that made me start singing in the first place.  I remember I used to participate in the BBS karaoke competition every year and I'd always get disqualified really early on because I was, y'know, 11 and tone deaf.  Now I sing for a living and I probably never would have even started doing it if it weren't for this forum or the old covers it once housed.  I also probably wouldn't be procrastinating getting ready for a band practice right now. . .

#10 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

I still have Tsuji Q on my iTunes rotation. (For obvious reasons.) xD 

#11 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

I still have Tsuji Q on my iTunes rotation. (For obvious reasons.) xD 

Oh wow, that's awesome! That makes me feel really good, because I didn't think anyone really liked that one, and it's one of my favorite recordings that I did from back then. I remember being kind of bummed at the time that it didn't get much of a reaction in the thread I started for it, because I was really proud of the lyrics. :lol:

It's so funny to hear these! These are the covers that made me start singing in the first place.  I remember I used to participate in the BBS karaoke competition every year and I'd always get disqualified really early on because I was, y'know, 11 and tone deaf.  Now I sing for a living and I probably never would have even started doing it if it weren't for this forum or the old covers it once housed.  I also probably wouldn't be procrastinating getting ready for a band practice right now. . .

This just made my day.