This is a 2NE1 thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: This is a 2NE1 thread

Post by Ap2000 »

Thread, it is by my hand, you will rise from the ashes of this forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B5oQZdX7Kk

Apparently Bom has been making some new music, but she sounds so different.
Can't say it's horrific, but I also just don't like it...
sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

Wow, yeah, she sounds weird. :huh:
There are a lot of singers that I grow to like in a group and they sound great, but when they go solo it's so underwhelming. The contrast with the other members of the group are what give them depth.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

sadude wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 pm There are a lot of singers that I grow to like in a group and they sound great, but when they go solo it's so underwhelming. The contrast with the other members of the group are what give them depth.
For sure. I also think it's easy to just assume that an idol who stands out in a group will automatically make a good soloist -- I know I fall victim to this a lot -- but having to carry a song from beginning to end is so much harder than for even half a song in a group. It's funny how both Sayumi and Dawa have had two of my favorite post-H!P solo careers despite being below average singers. Good music and an engaging image are as important as -- if not more so -- vocal chops in crafting a solid post-idol solo career.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

sadude wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 pm Wow, yeah, she sounds weird. :huh:
There are a lot of singers that I grow to like in a group and they sound great, but when they go solo it's so underwhelming. The contrast with the other members of the group are what give them depth.
I've heard her singing solo before since she was always my favourite in the group, but that was years ago, and I think she used to sound better. Maybe her voice chords have been strained too much during her 2NE1 years (I remember she was suffering from swollen tonsils and stuff frequently) or they put some weird filter on her voice.