12th generation "Mirai Shoujo" Audition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: 12th generation "Mirai Shoujo" Audition

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="158070" data-time="1374257699">
<div>
I think Cuca should start taking some actual singing lessons. I like her, but I'm not one of those people dead set on her getting in MM. I kinda wanted her to pass the 3rd round just so we could know her real name hahaha.
[/quote]

I thought someone asked her once and she said Cuca actually was her real name.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't think so because she's made blog posts before where it was like...

"And then A-kun said, "blah blah OO-chan blah blah" (The OO is my real name.)"

I mean it could be like Kuuka or something, but idk. I'm pretty sure her brother's name is Yuuto (u10).
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="emily" data-cid="158068" data-time="1374257487"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="158066" data-time="1374256920">All she really has going for her is a lot of enthusiasm and the "one of us" factor.</blockquote> 
And she has dedication to make all those videos.</blockquote>
Do you know every single contestant so that you can say the others aren't doing stuff to promote themselves ? Or take dance lessons in their free time etc. ?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="emily" data-cid="158068" data-time="1374257487">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="158066" data-time="1374256920">
All she really has going for her is a lot of enthusiasm and the "one of us" factor.
</blockquote>

And she has dedication to make all those videos.

</blockquote>

Do you know every single contestant so that you can say the others aren't doing stuff to promote themselves ? Or take dance lessons in their free times etc. ?

[/quote]

This, plus dedication/enthusiasm... same basic idea. She's devoted to H!P, but that alone doesn't make her a good potential member.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I'm sad she didn't make it and I hope she tries out again.  I would have been a fan of her for sure.  H!P missed out if you ask me.

Made by Haru!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Aw, sad that Cuca didn't make it, but maybe she might get the chance to become a kenshuusei someday. (Actually, I really wanted to see her real name too, heh)
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

But Cuca lives too far away from Tokyo to be a Kenshuusei, which sucks :P
rikako♡eripon♡airi
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="emily" data-cid="158068" data-time="1374257487">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="158066" data-time="1374256920">
All she really has going for her is a lot of enthusiasm and the "one of us" factor.
</blockquote>

And she has dedication to make all those videos.

</blockquote>

Do you know every single contestant so that you can say the others aren't doing stuff to promote themselves ? Or take dance lessons in their free time etc. ?

[/quote]
What? No, I never said anything about the other contestants. What I meant is that I think Cuca has more going for her than being an enthusiastic fan.
Last edited by emily on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Some cold hearted mother fuckers in here.

Cuca can already sing and dance better than a lot of previous and current members of MM but doesn't deserve to be a member because she isn't perfectly perfect.... WITAF....

I can easily reel off a list of 10 names of previous MM members who could barely dance and singing was a challenge, being interesting (ie making youtube videos, performing mini concerts outside of mm concerts, writing blogs) would be downright fucking impossible because they had the personalities of a wet dead fish.

Whoever gets in better be Goto Maki reincarnated otherwise theres gonna be trouble!

/rage
Last edited by rob on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I'm thinking Cuca didn't make it because she's too good. Remember when Aki-P said he once auditioned Sowelu but said no because he knew she'd be off to better things? I hope AVEX or something picks her up. She's way talented but maybe she's too talented for H!P, Tsunku loves a non-talented underdog he can 'turn' into something 'talented'. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

or rather SHE said no.

/smugface
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

I don't know whether Cuca is a talented dancer, technically speaking, the way Riho and Ayumi are talented dancers. She knows a lot of songs and the dance moves, and I think that might have helped her in the initial stages of training, but not beyond that. I think that the fact that she taught herself to dance and has produced videos of herself dancing for years demonstrates that she is able to pursue a goal and work hard. That is what I think makes her a good potential member. Not to mention, she has an interesting backstory, an established YouTube channel, and a supportive family.
I wonder if her family can afford singing and dancing lessons. It seems like if they could, they would have signed her up by now.

(Not that it matters anymore or ever did, but YAY INTERNET DISCUSSION)
Last edited by emily on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="emily"]
I don't know whether Cuca is a talented dancer, technically speaking, the way Riho and Ayumi are talented dancers. She knows a lot of songs and the dance moves, and I think that might have helped her in the initial stages of training, but not beyond that. I think that the fact that she taught herself to dance and has produced videos of herself dancing for years demonstrates that she is able to pursue a goal and work hard. That is what I think makes her a good potential member. Not to mention, she has an interesting backstory, an established YouTube channel, and a supportive family.
I wonder if her family can afford singing and dancing lessons. It seems like if they could, they would have signed her up by now.

(Not that it matters anymore or ever did, but YAY INTERNET DISCUSSION)
[/quote]

Are you talking about how Cuca's moves aren't as sharp or coordinated? Is that what you mean by technically speaking? Because I would argue that both Riho and Ayumi's dancing doesn't really go far beyond the basic stuff that idols do. Their moves are sharper and more coordinated (except for when it's just the two of them dancing together apparently), but all of that has probably come from the fact that both had plenty of dance experience before joining. All the stuff that Riho and Ayumi excel at is the kind of thing that I think largely comes from training and I don't think they're leagues ahead of the rest of the game when it comes to dancing anymore. Before that, they were probably no better than Cuca is. 
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

Yes, I think that Cuca's moves are sharp and uncoordinated compared to a person with training. Then again, I don't know how much that matters, since they accept girls who can't sing and dance at all all the time!
I think you may be right that Riho and Ayumi are no longer leagues ahead of the other members.

I wonder what they do look for in a potential member.
Last edited by emily on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

I don't think this is the last we'll see of Cuca. I think she will work harder and keep improving. Maybe she'll take private lessons (or more lessons) like Saya mentioned.

She is fun to watch for sure. By the time 13th gen auditions roll around, she'll probably be a stand-out favorite. (Unless she makes it in another H!P audition like S/mileage or something). 
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="emily"]
Yes, I think that Cuca's moves are sharp and uncoordinated compared to a person with training. Then again, I don't know how much that matters, since they accept girls who can't sing and dance at all all the time!
I think you may be right that Riho and Ayumi are no longer leagues ahead of the other members.

I wonder what they do look for in a potential member.
[/quote]

Sakura's audition was obviously about finding someone who can sing, but I think 9th and 10th were about just finding new blood in general since they hadn't added new girls in forever (and let's be real 9th gen were kind of just varying degrees of awful in their singing audition). But I don't know what they're looking for at the moment. With Haruna they've proven they can teach anyone to dance, I'm not sure it's really important to place emphasis on being able to keep up with the dance routine they'll have to learn.

I feel like they just keep an eye out for someone who 'looks good'. I guess someone they can see fitting into the current lineup.

I went and found this post from the trainee thread. It has everyone except the recently added bunch doing a solo in case anyone wants to get an idea of their singing:
Sasaki Rikako - Watashi, Choito Kawaii Urabanchou

Ogawa Rena - Furusato

Yamagishi Riko - Kono Machi

Ichioka Rena - Samui Ne

Murota Mizuki - First Kiss

Kaga Kaede - Maji bomber

Kaneko Rie - Daite Yo! Please Go On

Makino Maria - The Peace

Tanabe Nanami - Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~

Kishimoto Yumeno - Warrate! YOU

Kosuga Fuyuka - Suki na Senpai

Nomura Minami - Yumemiru 15

Wada Sakurako - Uchouten LOVE

Taguchi Natsumi - Aitai Lonely Christmas

Hamaura Ayano - Arigatou! Otomodachi

Yoshihashi Kurumi - Sono Bamen de Bibiccha Ikenai Jan!!

Last edited by Anderei on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="rob"]
Some cold hearted mother fuckers in here.

Cuca can already sing and dance better than a lot of previous and current members of MM but doesn't deserve to be a member because she isn't perfectly perfect.... WITAF....

I can easily reel off a list of 10 names of previous MM members who could barely dance and singing was a challenge, being interesting (ie making youtube videos, performing mini concerts outside of mm concerts, writing blogs) would be downright fucking impossible because they had the personalities of a wet dead fish.

Whoever gets in better be Goto Maki reincarnated otherwise theres gonna be trouble!

/rage
[/quote]
I second this.

Also, this is the first time she's even met the age qualification, so they may have thought that she's just a bit too young. She has talent; more than enough for H!P. Her dancing is her stonger than her singing. Although, recently you can tell a huge difference in her singing. Its gotten a lot better. This isn't the last of Cuca. I have no doubts that she'll try again.

EDIT: Someone also translated one of her blog entries.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Thank you for many comments in my blog entry “Sad announcement”.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I’m so happy that many people support me and many foreign people comment and support me!!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Although I failed the audition, I could sing my favorite song in the venue and have a pleasant conversation with juries.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I was nervous but also had fun at the same level as the nervousness^^.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I was tired to wake up at 4 a.m. to go to Hiroshima. It was far.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Although I failed the 12th member audition, I don’t give up becoming Morning Musume.!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I shall become Morning Musume.!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Who else but Cuca shall become it!?
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Cuca has many supporters all over the world.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">So, I can do my best with a strong motivation!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I have a favor to ask.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Can anyone tell foreign people who support me about this Cuca’s feeling?
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Also, I would like you to tell foreign people who comment in my YouTube channel.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Thank you very much for supporting me.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Cuca

</blockquote>

Last edited by star on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Poor Cuca.

I've edited the translation because it was bothering me.  

[quote="Star"]
EDIT: Someone also translated one of her blog entries.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Thank you for the many comments in my blog entry “Sad announcement”.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I’m so happy that many people support me,
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">and even so many foreign people commented in support!!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Although I failed the audition, I was able to sing the songs that I love in the venue and have a pleasant conversation with the judges.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I was nervous but had just as much fun^^.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">It was tiring to wake up at 4 a.m. to go all the way to Hiroshima. It's far and all.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;"> 
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Although I failed the 12th member audition, I am not giving up on becoming part of Morning Musume!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I'll show you that I'll definitely join Morning Musume!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">If not Cuca, then who else!?  
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Cuca has many supporters all over the world.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">So, I can do my best with strong motivation!
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I have a favor to ask.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Can someone tell the foreign people who support me about how I'm feeling?  
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Also, I would like you to tell foreign people who comment in my YouTube channel
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Everyone, thank you very much for supporting me.
<p style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Cuca

</blockquote>

[/quote]

I feel like they are searching for some very specific talent with each round.  Like, "this time, we need a mezzo alto voice, a super pretty girl, and maybe 2 support girls" or "we need someone with _____ image to balance out the others."  So if you don't fit what they are looking for at the moment despite being talented, well it is no go.  Otherwise, they kind of put you in Eggs or another group as a placeholder until they decide what to do with you.
<div> </div>
But it is really random who gets in and who doesn't.  I imagine that they aren't just looking at talent but a degree of professionalism -- can you get through auditions and criticisms? Can you get along with others?  Can you dance and sing in a group, in harmony? Do you have the stamina, mental strength, and willpower to put up with the industry?

Seeing a couple of staged/edited videos of a kid singing and dancing in her bedroom is not the same as seeing them perform on a huge stage with a team of other girls or even how well she can interact/perform despite being exhausted.  Everyone can do well at their peak in perfect conditions but idols are going to be dragged across the country, here and there, at odd hours and with weird odd meals, away from their families and the regularity of normal life.  

Even though there have arguably been "duds" in MM, we should give the professionals the benefit of the doubt in who they choose to keep and cut. 

And, the most important thing is, Cuca will probably get in later on.

Last edited by eri on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="eri"]

<div>

</div>
I feel like they are searching for some very specific talent with each round.  Like, "this time, we need a mezzo alto voice, a super pretty girl, and maybe 2 support girls" or "we need someone with _____ image to balance out the others."  So if you don't fit what they are looking for at the moment despite being talented, well it is no go.  Otherwise, they kind of put you in Eggs or another group as a placeholder until they decide what to do with you.
<div> </div>
But it is really random who gets in and who doesn't.  I imagine that they aren't just looking at talent but a degree of professionalism -- can you get through auditions and criticisms? Can you get along with others?  Can you dance and sing in a group, in harmony? Do you have the stamina, mental strength, and willpower to put up with the industry?

Seeing a couple of staged/edited videos of a kid singing and dancing in her bedroom is not the same as seeing them perform on a huge stage with a team of other girls or even how well she can interact/perform despite being exhausted.  Everyone can do well at their peak in perfect conditions but idols are going to be dragged across the country, here and there, at odd hours and with weird odd meals, away from their families and the regularity of normal life.  

Even though there have arguably been "duds" in MM, we should give the professionals the benefit of the doubt in who they choose to keep and cut. 

And, the most important thing is, Cuca will probably get in later on.
[/quote]

Thank you.  When ever people get all whiny about a certain girl not getting in and the talent levels of those who do, I get cranky.  There are so many factors that go into things like this.  I have been in 3 drama productions, and every role is extremely carefully selected.  Chemistry, time commitment, all sorts of things, as well as looking the part and playing the part to a T. Also, you need balance in a group, and they may have future projects in mind when selecting girls.  Koharu was definitely picked for Kirarin, because she was the perfect annoying teenage girl that 8 year olds loved anyways.

And Cuca will make a comeback.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and she probably got critiques that will help her improve while biding her time for the next audition.

I am so over audition talk, I wish they would just announce the girl(s) and stop driving me batty.
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

We'll be getting results by September. They're about/already in third round by now. The third round should only last for 4-8 days depending on the number of girls who were brought to that round.

With that in mind, training camp would probably start on/about August 15, since the girls invited to training camp would probably have to accept the invitation and mail a response back. 

Then who knows when training camp will last? I'm fairly certain the max training camp time would be three weeks, plus a week for Tsunku to decide who should enter the group.  Sometime in early to mid September at Morning Musume's fall tour, the winner(s) will be revealed. 

Though that's only my view on it. It may or may not be right. :P
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

^I was under the impression that training camp was basically the weekend from hell.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, even though they stretch out the footage to maybe cover three weeks, that's not how long the training camp actually takes.

I wouldn't mind them just showing footage of the final round and then announcing it pretty quickly like with Sakura now that I think about it. Why drag it out?
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

I finally got around to listening to the solo samples.

Rikako really reminds me of young Ayaya. I think she'll get in for sure.  I feel like Riko has potential, but her performance was way too shaky and off.  I like the sound and power Mizuki, Kaede, and Rie's voices.  Rie is awesome.  I like her the most.  She could probably solo, ffs!

Eh, the rest I'm either indifferent about or don't like.
Last edited by Kahoryn on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

[quote="Sayu"]
^I was under the impression that training camp was basically the weekend from hell.
[/quote]
It can, but it's Tsunku. The 8ki auditions were one and a half day of lessons then the dance and recording. 
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Rikako is a must.

In this tug-of-war between Tsunku and Aki-P, it's the obvious move (and Tsunku can't risk it by placing Rikako in a group that is not as popular). 
Just like Aki-P did with Meru when she was turned down by Tsunku and is now the center of HKT and doing pretty well in the whole 48 family...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Meru's not a loss. She sucked and she wasn't well received by fans during the audition. Just because auditioners go on to be popular in 48 groups doesn't mean they would have been popular in H!P.

I like Rikako and would like her in, but I also don't know that adding her is going to bring the media attention people think it will. Nor do I think UFP will let her go do tv appearances that focus completely on how she's a Maeda/Yuko doppelganger.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

If anything, she'd be another face in the sea of faces we already have. I just want a variety idol to replace Sayumi, and maybe even just a variety generation altogether. Kanon flopped on the comedy radar, so we need more entertainment for TV talk segments. The most I've seen so far is Masaki being weird and Haruka being an amusing mommy figure for her weirdness.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think Haruna is already a good replacement for her on the radio front because she seems pretty great in all the stuff I've heard. And even though she doesn't really have a character the way Sayu did, I think she could be good on tv. I think the bigger issue is that their tv appearances are limited and you can tell that they've already been told beforehand who is going to speak and what they're going to say, especially when it's those small segments before a performance. Outside of that, the other girls don't really speak until spoken to.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Since everyone wants Rikako she's not even going to make it to training camp lol
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

Yep, that how these auditions work, you get a favorite, and they won't pass. I've been there and done that, but I do it with every audition. I guess the only time that ALL my favorites got in the group was the tenth gen audition.

Well, I want the finalist already! I hope we have some amazing talent in the training camp.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I got at least one of my favorites in the 9th, 10th, and the 11th gen auditions. There's no way my streak can be broken now.