Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

Good call, saicoink. The slapping part was intended to reference that. He even gave them credit in his liner notes. 

[quote="Anderei"]

Q, he said they're both dance songs, so I feel like whichever one has easier choreo will be the one they use as the dance lesson.

Estrea from Blog Project translated his comments:

<div>
Tsunku♂ Comment: 『Wagamama Ki no mama Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan』

This is part of the cool, danceable Morning Musume series.
As I thought, just watching that cool dance is refreshing to the heart.

『Wagamama Ki no mama Ai no Joke』

The clincher for this song is the “aisaretai aisaretai” part, probably.

This is a song that would get a crowd pumped up during concerts, but I pretty much planned for that phrase to get stuck looping around in your heads.

I wonder if everyone will end up humming along to that “aisaretai” phrase eventually.

I got the girls to sing the beginning “wagamama kinomama” part in somewhat of a whisper.

When I was writing the song I had originally been planning for them to sing it normally, but when I was recording the demo tape, I thought “Oh, if this part was whispery it would be good!”, so I went with that.
Well then, about the content, it’s a song about a girl who is just a little awkward but still aims to improve her social standing in life.

Even though she tries her best to put on a fake smile and works hard to master social skills, it doesn’t go well and she experiences a lot of trouble, but if one were to look at it in a different way, in the end it’s really a story of a girl who worries too much, but even so is still determined to do her best and move on.

To be honest, I feel like this really fits the current members of Morning Musume.

The underpinning of the sound would the Simmons-style drum beat, and on the whole it has a springy rhythm.

Without getting a feel for the beat, dancing to it will be difficult.
The choreographer for this dance is Yoshiko as well, but I did set a few minor things myself.

With the calmness of the interlude, the spirited dance, as well as the chorus that emerges to smack you in the face.

Well, this is also in part a homage to Imokintorio’s (a famous comic song unit) “High School Lullaby”, so I hope everyone will enjoy it!

</div>
[/quote]

Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Kanon looks fantastic in that black outfit. I think her and Riho (I love her hair) are the ones that stand out to me the most so far in those scenes. Also, Mizuki and her hairography. 
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="159015" data-time="1375155725"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="158972" data-time="1375141657"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158966" data-time="1375139816"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0318aN- ... edded">And snippets of the MV.</a></blockquote>
Confirmed Wagamama MV budget: 10 tickets to the nearest theatre.</blockquote>
Well actually renting out a Theater space, especially one that big, is really expensive. That's probably where half their funds go to (especially for concerts).</blockquote>
That was a joke. ;/

Are you people seeing something that I don't? They're just dancing on an empty stage with a few lights slapped around. Unless this was just raw dance shot footage (honestly, some shots looked like there were shot from the side for a Making Of feature) that won't make up more than some 10% of the final video then I don't see how it can be saved. The last few MVs, even if not exactly works of art, looked infinitely better and higher budget.
Last edited by aine on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I see that they actually went outside of their studio box. It's been awhile since they've let the Musume out of the studio for a music video. Seishun Collection was the last time, wasn't it?

I'd wait to pass full judgment till I see the full MV, it's still missing the close up shots and half of that video was making of footage style, but as it stands it's pretty good so far.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="159001" data-time="1375151566"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="neshcom" data-cid="158993" data-time="1375150384">

Better than Kimi Sae and I'm glad they finally got some angle work going on, but it's wasted on the idea of them performing to an empty theater and also performing backwards to an empty theater.</blockquote>

They perform frontwards too.

Actually, I think the only time they perform backwards is when they're wearing the infinitely more awesome black outfits. Unless you're saying angles are wasted because they perform backwards at all?</blockquote>
Yes to all of the above? It just doesn't make sense even in the already suspended reality of Idoland Music Video World that they'd be performing to an empty theater and in either direction on stage. The black outfits are great, so I guess that's something.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="159031" data-time="1375180954">I see that they actually went outside of their studio box. It's been awhile since they've let the Musume out of the studio for a music video.</blockquote>
For all I care there's exactly zero difference whether they dance on a stage in a rented studio or dance on a stage in a rented theatre.

Doing creative stuff like deconstructing an idol MV or breaking the fourth wall like they sort of did in Do it! Now or Roman MDB would be going outside of their box. Just changing the backdrop of their dance routine isn't.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Maybe they are breaking the fourth wall by being on a stage.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="aine"]

For all I care there's exactly zero difference whether they dance on a stage in a rented studio or dance on a stage in a rented theatre.

Doing creative stuff like deconstructing an idol MV or breaking the fourth wall like they sort of did in Do it! Now or Roman MDB would be going outside of their box. Just changing the backdrop of their dance routine isn't.

[/quote]

A good studio set with dynamic lighting is what makes the difference to me, and all I can remember for the past few releases are CG lights and static lights. A lot can be said for just creating good atmosphere with lighting IMO, and a theater with more surfaces and angles to illuminate is better than three walls and a skidded floor. Other than giving viewers eye candy in the forms of nicely styled girls and interesting sets, I'm not sure what else video producers could do, so I appreciate any attempt to give us an interesting set that's different from usual.

The only other approach I can think of for UFP to try to make "good" MVs would be to put a storyline in them, and I hate those because they're rarely done well. Japan's storyline MVs always seem to mean ten minutes of pre-music movie then random regular dance shot later anyway, so the most I want out of my videos is just something exciting to look at.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="159034" data-time="1375183211">
<div>

[/quote]

A good studio set with dynamic lighting is what makes the difference to me, and all I can remember for the past few releases are CG lights and static lights. A lot can be said for just creating good atmosphere with lighting IMO, and a theater with more surfaces and angles to illuminate is better than three walls and a skidded floor. Other than giving viewers eye candy in the forms of nicely styled girls and interesting sets, I'm not sure what else video producers could do, so I appreciate any attempt to give us an interesting set that's different from usual.

The only other approach I can think of for UFP to try to make "good" MVs would be to put a storyline in them, and I hate those because they're rarely done well. Japan's storyline MVs always seem to mean ten minutes of pre-music movie then random regular dance shot later anyway, so the most I want out of my videos is just something exciting to look at.

</div>
</blockquote>

That's why I hate AKB48 MVs for that reason. They've gotten so long and elaborate that it's no longer about the music and more about the video. I guess I like simple things, song, dance, sparkles.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Their songs aren't really as good either. I miss the good old days of akb.
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, AKB had some awesome songs back in the day.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I don't care, I'm still liking this. =3=
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Both MVs will be shown today on H!P Station. Get ready for an influx of comments! <3

Of course I'll need to wait till I get home from the dentist tonight to partake the in talking of MV quality and what what.  =3=
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Crud, painting the deck this morning, I'll have to stave off insanity while waiting.... :(  I really want to like both of these songs.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Y'all have just lowered your standards. I'll continue to keep mine high and expect quality products. :hmph:

I'll be positively surprised if I get positively surprised by those MVs. ;/ And for the record, I thought the last three MVs were relatively good.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You should always have low standards when it comes to an H!P MV. That's like Basic H!P Fan 101.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I absolutely disagree. By resigning yourself to low standards you disrespect both the artist as well as yourself and guarantee that no attempts to improve will be made. As a paying fan (i.e. a customer, which these days is easier than it's ever been) I can find no excuse for that.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Uh, did they forget to upload it? lol
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
saicoink
Kenshuusei

Post by saicoink »

The official Twitter said that there were some issues with uploading so it's been delayed a bit (a lot). I'm dying here. TT_TT
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I just got off the phone with Tsunku, he said they saw my posts and decided to re-shoot the MVs, hence the delay. ;/

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="159127" data-time="1375284422">
I just got off the phone with Tsunku, he said they saw my posts and decided to re-shoot the MVs, hence the delay. ;/</blockquote>

Tell him more sparkles or showraniy's people will be in contact.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]
I absolutely disagree. By resigning yourself to low standards you disrespect both the artist as well as yourself and guarantee that no attempts to improve will be made. As a paying fan (i.e. a customer, which these days is easier than it's ever been) I can find no excuse for that.
[/quote]

I like the cut of your jib.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="aine"]
[/quote]

I disagree with what you just said. As someone who always has low standards, it just means I'm always entertained when they go above my set standards. And I don't think I disrespect the artist at all, I can't expect a group, one whose been around for 15+ years to continue to do blow my mind every single time. Especially in this new market where idol groups are expected to release more than one music video to keep their CD quota up to appeal to the mass audience. (Look we made it to #1 in Oricon, we're on top! Let's forget the fact we just sold 5 different versions of the same single.) That's an ungodly task that no human could possibly do. With a group like Morning Musume, I take what I get and at the end of the day I'm either happy or bummed at the result.

I ain't mad, glad, or sad, just stating my facts. My facts may be flawed and skewed, but they are my observations.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/helloprojec ... station</a>

Wagemama MV got uploaded to Hello! Station
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, it's really odd that they're on a stage and you can see that all the seats are empty. I would have preferred them just be dancing on a regular set to this. I prefer Ai no Gundan. Song-wise, Wagamama feels much weaker than the previous few singles.

Edit: I just noticed Ai no Gundan was at the end. I liked it.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Mizura"]
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/helloprojec ... station</a>

Wagemama MV got uploaded to Hello! Station
[/quote]

I love everything about this song and it is perfect. That is all. Musume telling people to fuck off while dancing in awesome costumes (mostly) with awesome set. I'm in heaven.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Ai no Gundan is at the end, too! SUDDENLY BUBBLES. And the shots with the white outfits and rose petals looked really nice! ( Even if they didn't match the dance half of the video thematically, I guess. )
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I like the shots with bubbles and those with the white outfits, but I like Wagamama's PV better overall.  Wagamama is a powerful song in the sense that it gets me pumped up.  Also, right before Ai no Gundan's MV is the live version of Wagamama so you can see the dance.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I liked Wagamama, but Ai no Gundan sticks in my head more. Mostly those "honto?" parts. I do, however, agree that Wagamama got the better MV.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

I am confused now. Maybe because I haven't concentrated concentrated real well.

What song is what? How many MVs are there? and when will these be separated? I don't have the speed of the internet to scroll back and forth through 50 something Minutes
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!