SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Vikitty
ANGERME

Re: SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Post by Vikitty »

I AM SO EXCITEDDDDD. I've never really been into Takarazuka before so I'm not sure how I feel about a female Tux just yet... but I'm prepared to be schooled big-time once we get some footage,

The updated costumes are fantastic. AND MERCURY'S WIG ACTUALLY LOOKS SOMEWHAT DECENT???
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

Oh man I am digging the fanart that is coming out of the revival. Last night I browsed through the entire tumblr of <a href="http://sailormoonartzine.tumblr.com">Jenn Woodall's Moon Power zine</a>, which features punk-y drawings of Sailor Moon and friends. If you visit the tumblr, the first few pages are almost entirely "spam." Keep scrolling to get to the good stuff.

ImageImage
Last edited by emily on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm digging a pink-ombré'd Moon way too much from that picture. Do we know if they're updating the style yet? Or are they sticking to the 90s' look? I'd really hate to see the 90s look again, just throwing it out there.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I am loving those SM fanarts! I want them poster sized and on my walls!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mew07aSPOQ">So Wil Wheaton has a black cat named Luna...</a>

It pops up near the beginning of the video.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

OH MY GOD I NEED THAT LUNA AND ARTEMIS PHONE CASE THOUGH. I'm thinking of going through a proxy/deputy because I NEED IT.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

So... <a href="http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4 ... ">this.</a>

Says Momoiro CloverZ will (might be) showcasing the new theme song at their August concert. Not sure if they'll be delaying that or it's still going down.

Also.. KEYCHAINS I WANT THEM ALL!!! (And the stationary)

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I preordered them from j-list. I know they're a little overpriced, but I couldn't find them anywhere else.

What does the stationary look like?

Good god, I am going to blow my sayu fund on Sailor Moon. (@_@)
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
I preordered them from j-list. I know they're a little overpriced, but I couldn't find them anywhere else.

[/quote]

*stationery 

What does the standing still look like?

I am so excited for the musical I might die. I'd seriously go again in September if I wasn't completely sure I'll be flat broke by then. :wub: 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Petit Melon"]

[/quote]

Don't do it Petit! I need a wingman! Just think, you could go to Japan and buy all the Sailormoon stuff ever, cause Japan! JAPAN!!!! I can imagine by the time Sayu does graduate, the Sailormoon goods will be double in quantity and, and we could find OLD stuff! 

THINK OF IT PETIT!!!! 
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Petit Melon" data-cid="157044" data-time="1373113967">
<div>

[/quote]

Don't do it Petit! I need a wingman! Just think, you could go to Japan and buy all the Sailormoon stuff ever, cause Japan! JAPAN!!!! I can imagine by the time Sayu does graduate, the Sailormoon goods will be double in quantity and, and we could find OLD stuff! 

THINK OF IT PETIT!!!! 

</div>
</blockquote>

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Yeah I ponied up $50 for the Luna and Artemis phone case. I NEED IT LIKE OXYGEN.
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

It's not what you were hoping for, but it is a new take on the Sailor Moon theme song... and it was recently released...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dXOz_ ... r">Platina Jazz presents Sailor Moon (YouTube)</a>
Last edited by emily on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="emily"]
It's not what you were hoping for, but it is a new take on the Sailor Moon theme song... and it was recently released...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dXOz_ ... r">Platina Jazz presents Sailor Moon (YouTube)</a>
[/quote]
I actually love that  . . . and I'd love to have that instrumental. Lol, the best comment "Part of me thinks there should have been a little blonde with pigtails to walk in at the very end when everyone's left and call out "am I too late to audition?""
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

More Sailor Moon swag. <a href="http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4941782.html">Six pendants, 12,600 yen a piece.</a> The don't have the Super S or Stars pendants, and it looks like this is the only batch of these they're going to do.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

More stuff I need, but won't get.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

I want to see all of them in my new anime:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
I love her eyelashes:

[center]Image[/center]
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Anderei"]
More Sailor Moon swag. <a href="http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4941782.html">Six pendants, 12,600 yen a piece.</a> The don't have the Super S or Stars pendants, and it looks like this is the only batch of these they're going to do.
[/quote]
I want this one: <a href="http://bandai.hs.llnwd.net/e1/bc/img/mo ... 1_2.jpg</a>

The thing is..I kind of like the cosplay versions by kumacraft much better.  I mean, I'm glad these are small and plated in gold so they look more like jewelry...but they still look like childish costume stuff.  So if I'm going down that route, I'd want the cuter, blingy kumacrafts versions more.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They're pretty big, too. 7 inches makes it hard to look like something you could just casually wear.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I read Vol 1 - 12 of the Sailor Moon Manga. So happy I brought it with me, it was a super life savor. Till now I've only read bits and pieces of the manga.

I now want the anime to be all about the manga. I want the dark creepy Manga version, melty Moon and ash senshi everywhere. God make is happen. I have no idea how much I was missing in my life till I read the whole manga series. Add in a little more character development via Anime and it will be nothing short of epic from start to finish. 

Now I understand why they've been so conflicted about rebooting this series for kids or adults. Naoko, you whack, but I love you! <3
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I don't understand where the rumor --that the show was going to be based on the manga for older fans-- started. To my knowledge, that was never substantiated and it was always wishful thinking by adult fans.

Is they can make a deal, they will go the mainstream children's route because that is where the money and merchandising rights are. That doesn't mean it will be super fluffy but I hardly believe this will be a gritty, dramatic, tightly knit show like Madoka aimed at adult otaku.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm  guessing it'll probably go the younger route. But if they are basing it off the manga more. The manga got kinda dark at times and confusing. Not like Madoka though.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

My biggest gripe with the anime was the fillers, animation quality and lack of character development for certain, people.... (Saturn and Pluto, you poor poor characters!)

I wont fault it because the manga was being released at the same time. Now that they can go back and use it as source material, it could be much more, well developed story. Which is what I think people want, it's what I want at least.

I gained a new found respect for the SuperS arc, though the Super arc is still my favorite. ChibiUsa is a far more likable person to me in the manga then she ever was in the anime. Stars sucked so bad, it was like Naoko just gave up trying and said screw you all. The anime did it better on that account. 

My only problem with the manga is that if feels rushed. But that's coming from someone who watched the anime first. It took like, a month of watching to get from point A to point B. 
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Did they ever give a start date?
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Did they ever give a start date?
[/quote]
There was a<a href="http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ime-teased"> recent estimate</a> given on a little time table for some official merchandise in Nakayoshi.
Right now, Dec to Jan 2014 start date.   

<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="158771" data-time="1374973568">
My biggest gripe with the anime was the fillers, animation quality and lack of character development for certain, people.... (Saturn and Pluto, you poor poor characters!)

I wont fault it because the manga was being released at the same time. Now that they can go back and use it as source material, it could be much more, well developed story. Which is what I think people want, it's what I want at least.

My only problem with the manga is that if feels rushed. But that's coming from someone who watched the anime first. It took like, a month of watching to get from point A to point B. 
</blockquote>

YES.  The manga wasn't rushed per se but it felt really...big? Like, too epic for what was possible in the span of so many manga volumes.  It also felt too "big" in comparison to the anime precisely cause the show was sooo draaawwnn ouuutt.

And yes, I totally can't wait for a more "full" characterization and a "thicker" plot and story development.  The new show has SO MUCH to draw on and so many different actresses elaborating on each personality.  So no matter what, I think it will be more complex than the original show.  Plus, even PGSM felt deeper and more complex even though that was also directed at children.

</div>
(Hm, weird, the quote box is misattributed to Al)
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Mizura"]
I'm  guessing it'll probably go the younger route. But if they are basing it off the manga more. The manga got kinda dark at times and confusing. Not like Madoka though.
[/quote]
I would seriously be the happiest person on the planet if the new anime takes the route of Madoka-esque darkness.  :thumbsup:
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Madoka was a deconstruction of the magical girl genre though, so SM has absolutely no chance of ever being that dark lol

I will be content if it lasts to the point where we get the manga only characters animated.
Last edited by Melon on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="eri"]
I don't understand where the rumor --that the show was going to be based on the manga for older fans-- started. To my knowledge, that was never substantiated and it was always wishful thinking by adult fans.
[/quote]

The only thing I know is that on twitter Osabu said something about the reason for the delay being they didn't know what direction they wanted to go in, and I guess a lot of people inferred from that either mature or kid like?  He may have even elaborated, but that was a long time ago.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

ImageImage

The wigs, yo, the wigs! (I'm going to assume the grey haired lady is Queen Metalia with my non existent understanding of Japanese and going just by who is and isn't pictured.)
koolmon
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by koolmon »

The grey thing is a Lemure. They were the monsters used in SuperS, but I guess they're using them here now instead of the Youma...