The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Molly"]
Didn't Kanon sing it at Aika's birthday event? She did really well if I remember correctly. 
[/quote]

Yeah, but she won't be the one who gets it on this.

[quote="Myst"]
It's not a bad tracklist, but I wish they had more oldies on the list, so sincerely hoping the Reina songs are redone as well. I'm really surprised Joshi Kashimashi is not on the album. THE Manpower is a strange one... The rest I like. It gives the girls in the back to have a bit of time to shine and get a couple lines. One of Sayumi's favorite songs is Aruiteru, and I know it was a big deal to her when she got the one solo line when whoever graduated, so good for her. 

I always pictured The Peace being Ishikawa Rika's song. It's weird to see it redone. It's like them redoing Koi no Dance Site (Sexy Beam) or Daite! Hold On Me (Nee Waratte?)

Koko ni Iruzee would have been nice to hear, though, or having the girls split up into smaller groups and redoing Sakuragumi/Otomegumi songs.
[/quote]

If JKM shows up, I will give up on this album. 
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="160472" data-time="1376535071">
<div>
Didn't Kanon sing it at Aika's birthday event? She did really well if I remember correctly. 
[/quote]

Yeah, but she won't be the one who gets it on this.

<div>

</div>
</div>
</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqiTMXPXLP4">But she did such a good job. </a> I'd really hope she would get it, but it won't shock me if she doesn't. 

Also I'm fine with the Manpower, as long as Namida Tomaranai Houkago or Chokkan 2 don't know up as well. 
Last edited by Mukuro on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

<div>Whatever, I love The Manpower. Yuzu, back me up!! </div>

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I really, honestly, right now cannot think of any songs that current Momusu would be able to do better than any previous Momusu. Sure, past Momusu have had some weak singers, but this one doesn't have that much vocal talent. 
[/quote]

The current group seems weaker vocally because they're given more difficult songs and very few lines are being given to their strongest vocalists. Everyone would have thought "Man Morning Musume is so weak vocally" if they had to hear Tsuji and Rika sing instead of Nacchi and Maki in Mr. Moonlight, or if those same two girls tried to sing Nanchatte Renai. The majority of songs between Love Machine and Namida weren't that hard to sing and the lines tended to be broken up more (people singing half a phrase at a time rather than big long stretches). I think this group could handle most of the Golden Era classics. It's mostly going to bug people because of nostalgia.

[quote="Myst"]

I always pictured The Peace being Ishikawa Rika's song. It's weird to see it redone. It's like them redoing Koi no Dance Site (Sexy Beam) or Daite! Hold On Me (Nee Waratte?)
[/quote]

I get what you mean, but The Peace has been performed to death so many times that it's kind of lost it's connection to Rika for me. I'd actually be more weirded out about seeing I Wish redone, since it's been performed so much less after 4th gen left, similar to Koi no Dance Site and Daite. 
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Manpower had the best lives and the worst(readBEST) dance moves.

In the video, they bit into fucking VEGETABLES and DANCED on the MOON wearing TOGAS.

We got LIVE AI MANGROWL
LIVE YOSSI WAILS
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOMO SAPIENS is a FEATURED LYRIC
Frankly I'm not seeing the hate when there's so much to love.
edit- and the B-side was fun so hmph!

edit:
Worst MM a-side song candidates include:

Namida ga Tomaranai ga or ka or whatever like anyone cares to listen to that song
Seishun Collection
Joshi Kashimashi LET'S REPEAT THE SAME TEN SECONDS OVER AND OVER AND OVERGATARI
Chokkan 2 and the "a-side turned b-side" Koi wa Hassou! Do the Hustle! or something LAME
Hyokkori Hyoukajima (Which as I remember, was the most hated song until shit like Namida and Seishun came out)
And others I don't want to pull out my head because lbr Tsunku pulled those out his ass

Last edited by Melon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Even if the entire world liked it, it would still not be enough opinions to certify The Manpower as a Good™ song. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are all so wrong and I feel bad for you.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Um, excuse me,

excuse me,

anderei
but

you see

this is what

takahashi

ai

chan-sama-yoona

thinks

of your
ridiculous offensive totally in the wrong omg how do you sleep at night ignorance is bliss I suppoooooossseeeeee
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... opinion</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... !!!!!!!</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLa-HQ7umZU">P.S.</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLa-HQ7u ... e&Peace</a>
Last edited by Melon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Takahashi doesn't know anything. She probably likes Seishun Collection.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

^THE MANPOWER IS ONE OF MY TOP FIVE SINGLES HANDS DOWN!

But I agree....the rest of this "best of " sucks ass.  It's half the past six singles or whatever and then half all the classics we've heard a million times.

I am excited about THE Manpower dependent on who gets Ai and Yossi's parts.  If Sakura is not present then fuck everyone.

Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over HOW SUBURASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Manpower is.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over HOW SUBURASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Manpower is.
[/quote]
:wota:

I actually remember when Manpower came out, and I don't remember quite so many people hating it. :lol:
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sometimes people don't see the error of their ways until it's far too late.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]
All the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dkr_dflUo">humping</a> in the video made people forget to listen to the song, then? 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

You guys.

I am hoping very much for.

JKM 2013 version.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
The Manpower doesn't belong anywhere near the word best. Also, who are they gonna have butcher that last Kago high note in I WISH if it does show up?
[/quote]

Otto Tune.

[quote="Myst"]I actually remember when Manpower came out, and I don't remember quite so many people hating it. :lol:[/quote]

True. I remember being one of the very few who hated it when it was released.

[quote="TnB"]The current group seems weaker vocally because they're given more difficult songs and very few lines are being given to their strongest vocalists. Everyone would have thought "Man Morning Musume is so weak vocally" if they had to hear Tsuji and Rika sing instead of Nacchi and Maki in Mr. Moonlight, or if those same two girls tried to sing Nanchatte Renai.[/quote]

Tsuji was a better singer than Nacchi. Nacchi was really a pretty weak singer, but she was the face of the group. I do get your point that Tsuji would've sounded ridic on "Mr. Moonlight," though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
You guys.

JKM 2013 version.
[/quote]

You are all hopeless.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

The whole updating theme would make sense if the last 4 singles weren't on the actual album.

Let's hope the "remakes" or whatever turn out fine and not just... Sexy Boy by MM OG... x______x

I'd kill for dubstepish versione sof AS FOR ONE DAY and Do it! Now. <3
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="160491" data-time="1376545880">
<div>
You guys.

JKM 2013 version.
[/quote]

You are all hopeless.

</div>
</blockquote>

Maybe you guys are over the 'song' itself, but I'm in it for the funny lyrcis and solo parts.
Still like the song though :3

rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
Manpower had the best lives and the worst(readBEST) dance moves.

In the video, they bit into fucking VEGETABLES and DANCED on the MOON wearing TOGAS.

We got LIVE AI MANGROWL
LIVE YOSSI WAILS
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOMO SAPIENS is a FEATURED LYRIC
Frankly I'm not seeing the hate when there's so much to love.
edit- and the B-side was fun so hmph!

edit:
Worst MM a-side song candidates include:

Namida ga Tomaranai ga or ka or whatever like anyone cares to listen to that song
Seishun Collection
Joshi Kashimashi LET'S REPEAT THE SAME TEN SECONDS OVER AND OVER AND OVERGATARI
Chokkan 2 and the "a-side turned b-side" Koi wa Hassou! Do the Hustle! or something LAME
Hyokkori Hyoukajima (Which as I remember, was the most hated song until shit like Namida and Seishun came out)
And others I don't want to pull out my head because lbr Tsunku pulled those out his ass
[/quote]

Official MV was just them dancing though. And that, is a crime against humanity that the dance shot was made into the MV. It was the lowest point in Morning Musume history when that happened. Especially on Kaori's graduation single. NEVER FORGET! NEVER FORGIVE!!!

And so what you're saying, We're going to get live Riho growls and Sakura wails? Or will it be the other way around? Those two are the only people I could think of to take on that song, unless they are going to throw Zukki a bone on this one. She might be able to do it. If they do feature Zukki on that song, I will recant all my hate for this song.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="neshcom"]
...a way to distance themselves from the crappier songs... Naichau, Pyoko, Lullaby Game come to mind...Love Machine, RR21, The Peace are most likely. 

[/quote]

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
01. LOVE Machine
<div>02. Renai Revolution 21</div>
<div>03. The☆Peace</div>
<div>04. Sou da! We're ALIVE</div>
<div>05. THE Manpower</div>
<div>06. I WISH (9ki, 10ki, 11ki)</div>
<div>07. Aruiteru (Michishige Sayumi)</div>
<div>08. Renai Hunter</div>
<div>09. One・Two・Three</div>
<div>10. Wakuteka Take Chance</div>
<div>11. Help me!!</div>
<div>12. Brainstorming</div>
<div>13. Kimi sae ireba nanimo iranai</div>
<div>14. New Song?

15. New Song?</div>
[/quote]

Dying at how much of a prophet to humanity I am.
Do we know how many of these songs will actually have rearrangements (read: real re-arrangements, not those crappy album versions)?
Manpower suffered from a lackluster production. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sphSJFN65l4">Listening to it again</a>, imagine if it was remade with a modern electro or <a href="http://youtu.be/q6h0_9Zv7aM?t=1m59s">dutch house sound</a>? It's totally setup for that! Give us a compelling, cohesive album sound, Tsunku! :dammit:
Last edited by neshcom on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Well, this is really the most boring tracklist ever.

I WISH (lol bad pun) that H!P wasn't so predictable, but oh well. All I know is that they better not butcher the living shit out of I WISH, because that's one of my favorite songs.

Hopefully the new arrangements will sound better, or at the least, new, not as in 2 guitars instead of 4 (or whatever) = new.

But yes, you are a prophet, neshcom. :clap:
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="160497" data-time="1376563253">We're going to get live Riho growls and Sakura wails?</blockquote>
Damn you, now I'm gonna hope for a black metal Morning Musume album. :facepalm:

This album looks like a total waste so far. A few beaten to death tracks plus a few recent singles. Unless each and every song get a massive high budget rearrangement then I'm not even gonna bother thinking about it.

And everyone please stop talking about JKM, that song has absolutely zero appeal except for it's original version and needs to stop being redone. Old people at least recognize Love Machine, but no one cares about JKM and hammering the same verse on repeat for 6 minutes is a guaranteed way to make everyone change the channel.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I don't think Sayu has sung anything recently without autotune. I'm kind of curious what her actual voice sounds like now.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
[/quote]

I love you.  :clap: 

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="160478" data-time="1376537194">
<div>The current group seems weaker vocally because they're given more difficult songs and very few lines are being given to their strongest vocalists. Everyone would have thought "Man Morning Musume is so weak vocally" if they had to hear Tsuji and Rika sing instead of Nacchi and Maki in Mr. Moonlight, or if those same two girls tried to sing Nanchatte Renai.[/quote]

Tsuji was a better singer than Nacchi. Nacchi was really a pretty weak singer, but she was the face of the group. I do get your point that Tsuji would've sounded ridic on "Mr. Moonlight," though.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, my overall point is that the current lineup often sounds bad because they aren't handing out lines in a way that match the particular strengths and weaknesses of each singer. Even in Nacchi's day they were smart enough not to give her many lines in Shabondama, where she would have sounded ridic.  
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT KAORI IS MY KAMIOSHI AND I FOUND THE MANPOWER TO BE A SUITABLE GRADUATION SINGLE.

I DO remember lots of people hating it though, because I remember getting shit for loving Namida Tomaranai Houkago and then The Manpower.  My sister also loved The Manpower and I especially love the humping.

For me worst singles include,  Wakuteka, Pyoko, Aruiteru, JKM (although it was fine when it was only one), and Ai Araba.
Kaori • Risako 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT KAORI IS MY KAMIOSHI AND I FOUND THE MANPOWER TO BE A SUITABLE GRADUATION SINGLE.

I DO remember lots of people hating it though, because I remember getting shit for loving Namida Tomaranai Houkago and then The Manpower.  My sister also loved The Manpower and I especially love the humping.

For me worst singles include,  Wakuteka, Pyoko, Aruiteru, JKM (although it was fine when it was only one), and Ai Araba.
[/quote]

Wait. You love Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago, too? I was keeping quiet for now because everyone seemed to hate it lol

I think it's mostly because KonKon and Sayu got the lead. At least Sayu could halfway hold a note then. I love her, but her singing now... :whatthe:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yes I do!  And I'm a KonKon fan which explains why.
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160489" data-time="1376543913">
<div>
[/quote]
All the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dkr_dflUo">humping</a> in the video made people forget to listen to the song, then? 

</div>
</blockquote>
Hip thrusting, hip thrusting is no where near as bad as humping! And it doesn't measure up to the hip movement in Dokkan Capriccio either.

You tell 'em, Petit! I love Manpower, too   :weeeh:

Edit: I just got an e-mail from CDJapan:
<a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... Regular</a>
<a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... imt.Ed.</a>
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="160507" data-time="1376576004">
</blockquote>

Sacre bleu! That's probably my favorite overall MM single, A and B sides combined.

I just hope that, whatever old songs they use, they update the arrangements to fit the current lineup. I really don't need to hear the DANCEMAN versions of Love Machine, RR21 or ThePeace! in 2013. And yeah, no more JKM.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Ugh, Ai Araba is so boring. The Manpower is perfect in all its iterations though, so you guys are crazy. JKM revivals are great for concerts, but no more album releases of it please.

All in all, this album sounds like a failure. If those old songs aren't redone at LEAST with the new vocalists, it'll be an absolute waste.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Because it was performed so triumphantly in the very first H!P concert I ever saw (Winter 2004) and it was only the second full MM song I was exposed to, and because it was the first Japanese song I did in karaoke before an audience of unsuspecting civilians, and is one of the few Japanese songs I've memorized, "Ai Araba, It's All Right" is one of my alltime favorite MM songs.