LinLin's Crazy Music Debut

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Re: LinLin's Crazy Music Debut

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

[quote="NekoKai"]
You didn't need to delete your post, and don't double post either.  That being said, you're wrong.  The "b p m f d t n l" is a phonetic thing children learn when they learn Mandarin, and the "big bad wolf" is actually "Wolffy" a character from a children's TV show.  There are also five other references to children's media, including the Prince.  I can't decide on an emoticon to correctly convey my tone of voice, so I'm going to use this one. :umad:
[/quote]

They call that Tsunxplaining.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Thank you, Pucchi, I did not know that.  I guess that was a rather acurate choice then. :hahaha:
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

<a href="http://www.kuwo.cn/yinyue/3399981/">Luoli de Moli</a> Loli(ta)'s Magic Power - Another fun song, though with considerably better vocals, and the Chinese version of Maru Maru Mori Mori

<a href="http://www.kuwo.cn/yinyue/3399982/">Zhihao Yigeren</a>  I Have to be Alone - Ballad :danceman:
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

If someone has youtube links to these they would be my bestest friend :grin: .  All these other video sites make the computer run wicked slow.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I was about to say, these will not work for me and it's KILLING me.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

These are the only videos I can find on Youtube:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrGMChYYhQ">Luoli de Moli</a> This is a live and starts at ~3 minutes in, but she sings a different song before that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r9FlRFeNVs">Zhihao Yigeren</a> It's not the best quality, but it's not bad.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Dat Ballad... LinLin just take my money already!! I assume they will appear on iTunes eventually?

Hearing these I can't believe LinLin ever played second fiddle to anyone in momusu (except Ai-chan obviously)
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I love Linlin and am so glad she's still singing. I love the ballad.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

This seriously is awesome for her but makes me sad that she got so shafted in her MoMusu days, even though we all knew it was going to happen.  :(
Kaori • Risako 

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
This seriously is awesome for her but makes me sad that she got so shafted in her MoMusu days, even though we all knew it was going to happen.  :(
[/quote]

we did, but we also held out that some day tsunku would realize what talent he had in his hands...... rival survival graduation hurts on so many levels.

Risa, Ai-chan, Reina... I can accept their graduations, they pretty much achieved everything they could but... Eri.... LinLin.... JunJun.... :down:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

There's an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25esKKKNMfA">MV for Luoli de Moli</a> (link is youtube and HD).  It's mostly animated, but there's a story line, so it evens out.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

It's Maru Mori!  I really enjoyed that MV.  It was really cute, well produced and had a way higher budget than anything MM has produced.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

UFP is about as cheap as thy can get with MVs.
Formerly Mizura
MiniLovely
モーニング娘。

Post by MiniLovely »

Damn that was some crappy animation, but
I am so glad she has a career, now.
Also, apparently, a good amount of creative direction!! How is she selling and catching on with the public?
<p class="bbc_center">ImageImageImage
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

♥ Mimo ◦ Blog! ♥
<p class="bbc_center">[url="<a href="http://fuckyeahmichishigesayumi.tumblr. ... lr.com/</a>"]♥ FUCK YE☆H S☆YUMI ♥[/url]
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="NekoKai"]
There's an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25esKKKNMfA">MV for Luoli de Moli</a> (link is youtube and HD).  It's mostly animated, but there's a story line, so it evens out.
[/quote]

That's a really cute video. Although the song is a sort of a cute, childish song, it's rather sophisticated for Chinese pop music. I rather like this.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="161084" data-time="1377177663">
<div>
[/quote]

That's a really cute video. Although the song is a sort of a cute, childish song, it's rather sophisticated for Chinese pop music. I rather like this.

</div>
</blockquote>

You can't possibly call this sophisticated for Cpop... :nono:
I've whored out GEM in the Cpop thread a lot already, but please, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-dzkc61Ns">this</a> is so much more sophisticated. It starts off slow, but it's got a climatic ending so please listen to the end. =3=

Last edited by strawberryjam on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I have no idea what's going on in this video but I am happy for it's existence.  The song is ok, but LinLin looks gorgeous <3
Kaori • Risako 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="strawberryjam"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="161234" data-time="1377294271">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="161084" data-time="1377177663">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

You can't possibly call this sophisticated for Cpop... :nono:
I've whored out GEM in the Cpop thread a lot already, but please, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-dzkc61Ns">this</a> is so much more sophisticated. It starts off slow, but it's got a climatic ending so please listen to the end. =3=

</div>
</blockquote>

To be fair, I haven't listened to CPop since probably 2002, so, yeah. :D/
tomelord
Kenshuusei

Post by tomelord »

I liked LinLin and JunJun, I was hoping they would go back to China and become Mando-Pop stars.  The only Mando-pop star I like is Yuki Hsu from Taiwan and she is now bankrupt, I always pick the winners.  There was also this song from mainland China featuring a group of women singing something like, "if you don't have a house and a car, don't even talk to me,"  (pretty cross cultural, I think) It wasn't very good, but at least it was funny. 

The Chinese pop market seems to only like slow moving love ballads.  They all sound exactly the same.  Up tempo dance music seems to be only marketed to little kids in Taiwan, and now that I've seen this LinLin video I guess in mainland China as well.     The little kawaii baby voice really doesn't make use of her vocal talents.  Oh well. 

I was always most impressed with JunJun, as she was fluent in Japanese (of course) and at the San Diego Comic Con she had to address the audience in English, as she was the best English speaker of the group.  I wonder what became of her.  
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Matt"]
I liked LinLin and JunJun, I was hoping they would go back to China and become Mando-Pop stars.  The only Mando-pop star I like is Yuki Hsu from Taiwan and she is now bankrupt, I always pick the winners.
[/quote]

Yuki Hsu was the shit. Super cute. She either got fucked over or fucked herself over really bad depending on who you believe. Either way, she's been black-balled in the Chinese entertainment industry.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Matt"]
I liked LinLin and JunJun, I was hoping they would go back to China and become Mando-Pop stars.  The only Mando-pop star I like is Yuki Hsu from Taiwan and she is now bankrupt, I always pick the winners.  There was also this song from mainland China featuring a group of women singing something like, "if you don't have a house and a car, don't even talk to me,"  (pretty cross cultural, I think) It wasn't very good, but at least it was funny. 

The Chinese pop market seems to only like slow moving love ballads.  They all sound exactly the same.  Up tempo dance music seems to be only marketed to little kids in Taiwan, and now that I've seen this LinLin video I guess in mainland China as well.     The little kawaii baby voice really doesn't make use of her vocal talents.  Oh well. 

I was always most impressed with JunJun, as she was fluent in Japanese (of course) and at the San Diego Comic Con she had to address the audience in English, as she was the best English speaker of the group.  I wonder what became of her.  
[/quote]

Although I don't agree with you that all the songs sound the same, probably because I love ballads, you are right about Chinese pop mainly being ballads.  The top three songs on the weekly Chinese language chart are all from the same drama and the first two are ballads and the third one is the theme song (alternative rock).  I think that that's a pretty big reason for it though, all the dramas, love ballads are marketable so if you want to hit it big, you have to do love ballads.  We can discuss this further in this thread before we get too far off topic.

JunJun is on TV a lot, and was on a show where she sang and danced.  She's also done/doing some acting, so she may stick more with that and TV than singing.
<div> </div>
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

The music video for Zhihao Yigeren came out in December(?), and it's a micro-movie.  Youku link;iqiyi link
If you click the button between the volume and the settings symbol you can change the quality to what is presumably 720p. 超清

Here's a translated transcript, done by yours truly.

Look all over this city
You leave all your expressions
Yet because I'll never again get you to love me
I have to remain alone

Dude: Shh, don't move

Dude: Don't leave
Dude: May I paint you for a life time?

Song starts playing (lyrics and trans via P!H)

Dude: It's you
Dude: Well
Dude: I have nothing to say
LinLin: You don't?
LinLin: I don't even want you to give me an explanation
Dude: Explanation

At first love is a part of growing up
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I like both ^^ but I have a little preference for the ballad.. I'm glad Linlin has a musical career now, she always had a very nice voice.
And thanks for the translation NekoKai :D !
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !