TV thread!

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Wapiko
ANGERME

Re: TV thread!

Post by Wapiko »

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS IS BACK. :heart: 
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

I finally watched Sherlock.

I want Benedict Cumberbatch to narrate my life, please. 
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the last episode of Pokemon, there were scenes with lettering that looked odd to me. The letters on the buildings didn't quite look Japanese nor did they look like anything else I would recognize. Unless they're kanji I've never seen before. :noway:

Anybody have any idea what these letters are supposed to be?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm pretty sure it's just a made up character set, but I know it's definitely not Japanese, unless they are super stylized or something, which I doubt.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Recently, the only TV show I've watched and really enjoyed was Battlestar Galactica. Its an awesome show but a bit slow at first.
Formerly Mizura
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Mizura"]
Recently, the only TV show I've watched and really enjoyed was Battlestar Galactica. Its an awesome show but a bit slow at first.
[/quote]

We talked about it in this thread:
<a href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=2 ... ic=2009</a>

Eventhough sometimes spoiler tags were used, beware of spoilers !
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="Mizura"]
[/quote]

That show stole all my heart :wub:. GREAT show. I cried A LOT. OH MY GOD DID I CRY. You'll see why.

I have been power watching Supernatural. Almost to the end of the 3rd season and absolutely loving it! 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I watch the weirdest TV.  The news, HGTV, and Duck Dynasty.

That and Hello!Morning...

I have no life. :weeeh:
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Series 1 of my favourite show in the entire world, Miranda, is up on Hulu so I've been rewatching that.  :woot:
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Madara"]
In the last episode of Pokemon, there were scenes with lettering that looked odd to me. The letters on the buildings didn't quite look Japanese nor did they look like anything else I would recognize. Unless they're kanji I've never seen before. :noway:

Anybody have any idea what these letters are supposed to be?

[/quote]
Its just a made up set of characters. I noticed that a couple months ago when I was watching it before school.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Just dropping by to say that GoT Season 3 was a load of crap. NOTHING EVER HAPPENS. Except the Stark massacre in episode 9. And maybe Daenerys getting her troops. Other than that everyone just rides somewehere, walks somewhere, or just stays where they are and talks for hours on end. And even that hardly serves any character development, most of it is really just the same antics served in a fanservice-y way. There's no story progress at all. Waste of time! All this could have been achieved in two, three episodes tops. To make things worse S3 had a serious deficit of boobs making up for lack of story when compared to S1 and S2. And that's coming from someone who loves Tarkowski's films.

Apparently S3 was the most popular one so far, but I think it's purely hype-driven popularity because it had a fraction of substance that the first two seasons had. Not that it was ever too good, but at least it was enjoyable before. The only scenes that actually provoked any emotions in me were Daenerys' crowning moments of awesomeness at the end of S1 and S2 and she did have one at the end of S3 too, but it just gets weaker and weaker each time. Like a third retake of a facial shot where instead of a massive load you get a pathetic trickle (hey, just trying to stay within the subject matter here =3=).

Since I'm here already I do strongly recommend the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mirr ... ">[b]Black Mirror[/b]</a> series. It's only 6 standalone episodes (split into two seasons if that matters) so you can grab any and enjoy. It's sort of political fiction, sort of cyberpunk, but mostly it's a dystopian vision of our world ruled by media, social media and cctv just a few years down the road. Each episode has a smarter and more intense plot than almost any movie I watched in the last decade.

My personal ranking of the episodes (it;s hard to decide as they're all really almost equally great):

S2E2 White Bear
S1E2 15 Million Merits
S2E1 Be Right Back
S1E3 The Entire History of You
S1E1 The National Anthem
S2E3 The Waldo Moment

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

The old Tom & Jerry was on tv this morning!!!  :heart:
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

aine...you have to admit that Little finger's speech about social climbing was pretty awesome. I love that slender untrustworthy bastard!

Season 3 is the build-up. From what I've heard ish is about to really go down..
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The problem with Season 3 is that it's only the first 2/3rds of the third book -- and there's no 'natural' climax at that point except the Red Wedding itself. So that's why it seemed rather anticlimactic the way it ended.

Just... brace yourselves.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I haven't watched any new anime since Persona 4: The Animation (and nothing since Macross Frontier before that), so I decided to check out Gainax's new series "Stella Jogakuin Kotoka C3 bu."

One episode in and I'm in love with it. It's pretty much K-on with guns, since it's about a girls school airsoft club made up of various weirdos.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am pissed that some new show on ABC Family is premiering tonight at 10.  It looks dumb (the Vineyard, wtf is this shit) and I never make it home to watch PLL at 8, so I always went for the 10PM showing.  I know it will be on demand tomorrow, but rum and PLL is my Tuesday night tradition. :cryalot:
Kaori • Risako 

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XahbqLdCVhE">Burka Avenger</a> with English subs.  The animation isn't fantastic, but it's a children's show so that's forgivable, but damn I'm in love with the ending theme.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

FINALLY started watching Sherlock.  It is so good! 

Also can't wait for PLL mid-season finale after that retarded country ho-down episode. 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

RIGHT?!  THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST EPISODE EVER.
Kaori • Risako 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

DP BUT I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK ABOUT THE PLL FINALE WITH HOLY SHIT BEST EVER OMG UNNNNNNNNGGGUGHIWEUHRIUHERG
Kaori • Risako 

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Oh Yuzu, that was such a trick ending. I think he is definitely NOT A because

1. Still got 1.5 seasons left

2. They pulled that shit with Toby and a few episodes later he was all good again

My new theory is, though, that big A is Ezra's bitch mom and she has Wren on her payroll
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I just want it to be him because he has been coming off as psycho to me all season hahaha
Kaori • Risako 

Wapiko
ANGERME

Post by Wapiko »

[quote="eri"]
FINALLY started watching Sherlock.  It is so good! 

Also can't wait for PLL mid-season finale after that retarded country ho-down episode. 
[/quote]

They had to have done that for specifically for Lucy Hale, what with her country music debut and all.  :sick:

HI GUYS I'm back now that I'm finally caught up with the season. I agree with you eri, and I love your theory!

Also someone on the LJ community fucking spoiled me so I wasn't as surprised as I should have been. Sob. Note to self, ban myself from ALL social networks with the season finale.

EDIT: Here is a post-finale [url=<a href="http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/81 ... 65.html</a>]interview[/url] that has a lot of awesome information. I live for these interviews, I think. LOL
Last edited by Wapiko on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I watched 'A Touch of Cloth' which is a British comedy police spoof show. It's so funny oh my god. Plus they had Anna Chancellor in the last two episodes, who I adore. I've also been catching up with Under The Dome, I finished the book, and quite liked it, but the TV show is really different. Not in a bad way, but it does tend to drag a tad. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

You know what's dumb is I logged into getglue and got an EzrA sticker of him in the hat and everything since I was watching the day after the finale and I was STILL completely caught off guard.
Kaori • Risako 

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I don't watch a lot of TV apart from Eastenders, My Little Pony: FIM and Family Guy :)

I can assure you that my taste in music, video games and other stuff is a lot better :lol:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

lol I could talk to you about stuff from Eastenders from like....15 years ago.  We're years behind in the US and I stopped watching it around college except sometimes with my mom when I went home.
Kaori • Risako 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Double post because goddammit aren't any of you caught up on Dexter right now I NEED to talk about what happened tonight :cryalot:
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
Double post because goddammit aren't any of you caught up on Dexter right now I NEED to talk about what happened tonight :cryalot:
[/quote]

No, I still haven't finished the last season...
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm caught up on Dexter. I skipped a lot of the middle seasons though. I'm also mostly invested at being unbelievably angry at Dexter right now because I hate when good characters make stupid decisions.