Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by rokun »

Would everyone be able to jump ahead and prep posts from today? Since many of them are pretty interesting :lol:
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="rokun"]
Would everyone be able to jump ahead and prep posts from today? Since many of them are pretty interesting :lol:
[/quote]

Done. Maachan is crazier than usual. Ayumi is somehow normal.
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

Ayumin does talk a lot about April Fools' though, if in her fail way. XD

Anyway, thanks! The Berryz girls seem to have not gotten on the train though... lol.
Last edited by rokun on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

[quote="Lurkette"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Neminia" data-cid="174350" data-time="1396287681">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lurkette" data-cid="174339" data-time="1396277891">
<div>
 I'll still be chugging away at Kanon, Dawa, and Sayumi, though.
[/quote]

I'm sorry for not prepping Kanyon the past 2 weeks. I prepped last week's posts already and I think you are busy enough with that. So I won't prep those from 2 weeks ago. If you still want to translate them tell me, I have the time now.

</div>
</blockquote>

If you can, please do. I actually really enjoy translating Nyon so I have no problems doing 5-10 per day whenever I can sit down to do it.

Iikubo's entries are just too dense. A solid 1/3 of Sayumi's and Nyon's posts are really short and easy so it's not as taxing, but I feel drained after about one and a half of Iikubo's. I'll leave it up to eri to delete the backlog or not.

I haven't started too much on Dawa, but Sayumi hasn't really been prepped in a hot minute. I don't know if it's because MisaChii noticed I wasn't as active or if she's having issues in prepping (but if you're reading this and are able to then please feel free to prep more).

</div>
</blockquote>

Ok Nyon's posts are done  :thumbsup:  (wow that were 32 posts in 2 weeks :tongue: )
Last edited by Neminia on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

Need some help with a Nacky post:
http://gree.jp/c_ute/blog/entry/684505282

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">ブロックで通してからつるっと通したよー
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">いわゆる2回公演と一緒ですな。
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">I can't make sense of the final part of the first sentence - it starts with going through blocks (?) and then passing through 'tsuru'?
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">And the second - 'Together with the so-called 2 performances' ? 
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">Yeah, can't make head nor tail for these two sentences.

Any help would be much appreciated.
MisaChii
Kenshuusei

Post by MisaChii »

[quote="Lurkette"]
Iikubo's entries are just too dense. A solid 1/3 of Sayumi's and Nyon's posts are really short and easy so it's not as taxing, but I feel drained after about one and a half of Iikubo's. I'll leave it up to eri to delete the backlog or not.

I haven't started too much on Dawa, but Sayumi hasn't really been prepped in a hot minute. I don't know if it's because MisaChii noticed I wasn't as active or if she's having issues in prepping (but if you're reading this and are able to then please feel free to prep more).

[/quote]

Hey~ Unfortunately, I've been reallyyyyy slow on prepping for Sayumi. My semester is nearly ending so, there's a bunch of piled up assignments that I really need to work on. But, when I find a free time, I'll catch up to Sayumi soon! ><;
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="174049" data-time="1395828592">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="173242" data-time="1394594022">
Every time I try to log in on my laptop (Windows 8) for the past couple of days, I get this message:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Apache/2.2.22 Server at blog-project.net Port 80

I was however able to log in on my computer (Windows 7) on Monday.  Anyone have any ideas?
</blockquote>

Sorry for not replying to this sooner, I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I'm still not quite sure, but after the issue reproduced itself on both Berry's and my computer the solution was simpler than expected - just clear the browsing history for blog-project.net. I'm surprised it wasn't related to the site cookies instead, but it worked.</blockquote>

It's still doing it on Firefox/Nightly on my laptop, but I'm not having any problems whatsoever on Chrome anymore, so... ¯\(°_o)/¯

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Neminia" data-cid="174239" data-time="1396124070">
I'm back! I'm sorry, it took longer than expected because I got ill... I will catch up Zukki's posts now. Should I catch up Kanyon's and Aika's posts from last week as well?

Thanks Yuki for prepping Mano. I saw that you already prepped the newest post, so I'll continue as soon as she posts a new one.
</blockquote>

Please catch up with Aika's posts whenever you have the time.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Skoban" data-cid="174431" data-time="1396420591">

ブロックで通してからつるっと通したよー

いわゆる2回公演と一緒ですな。

I can't make sense of the final part of the first sentence - it starts with going through blocks (?) and then passing through 'tsuru'?

And the second - 'Together with the so-called 2 performances' ? 

Yeah, can't make head nor tail for these two sentences.

Any help would be much appreciated.
</blockquote>

Tsurutto is a restaurant.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

Lurkette, I can help in the meantime with Sayu :)

Tell me from which entry I should prepp.
<p style="text-align:right;">PNG Emoji list http://blog-project.net/?p=253876&preview=true
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="Skoban"]

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">ブロックで通してからつるっと通したよー
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif;font-size:13px;">いわゆる2回公演と一緒ですな。
[/quote]

Hi Skoban! Glad to see you soldiering on, gives me strength to push ahead with my own (boring) translation assignment.

First, for some context:

she's talking about their rehearsals --

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
今日も春ツアーのリハーサル!
</blockquote>

so 「ブロック」 is 「ブロックリハーサル」

For example, this page lists some words for the various kinds of rehearsals: <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.mrwalking.com/contents/paris ... letion/</a>

日本は、リハーサルが多い。かなり細かくやると思う。

(フランスの、)パリコレは、ほとんど口頭で説明して軽くランスルーくらいであとはぶっつけ本番!

ちなみに、ブロックリハーサル/テクニカルリハーサル/ランスルーなるものがあるよ。

ブロックリハーサル:シーンごとのリハーサル

テクニカルリハーサル:動きのリハーサル

ランスルー:本番の時と同じように衣装をつけて最初から最後まで通しのリハーサル
</blockquote>

And this C-ute blog gives the definition of ブロックリハーサル specificaly as used within H!P: <a class="bbc_url" href="http://gree.jp/c_ute/blog/entry/6323706 ... 2370630</a>

昨日は今月14日からスタートする

℃-uteツアーのブロックリハーサルがありました

ブロックリハーサルとは、

MCからMCまでの1ブロックずつを、

通してリハーサルする事を言うんですが、

ここに来てようやく、

『ツアーがもうすぐ始まるんだ』と実感がわいてきました
</blockquote>

So, first, she went through the rehearsal in blocks. What is the proper way of saying that in English? With no background in
stage performance, I don't know the vocabulary (not even in my first language, actually.)

After the block-by-block rehearsal, she did a つるっとrehearsal.

「つるつる」 (⇒<a class="bbc_url" href="http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/je2/50 ... %82%8B/</a> ) is a gitaigo which
usually means "smooth, slippery", but has also a slightly peculiar usage as part of a collocation meaning "slurp up a noodle, quickly and smoothly, from beginning to end."
That's what she means there. After she'd done the rehearsal in blocks, she went through the whole thing at once (nuance: and was pleased by how quickly and smoothly it went.)
You can imagine her slurping the rehearsal up into her mouth as if it were a noodle.

Note: this is non-standard usage when applied to rehearsals. Usually goes with noodles only! That's why it received some attention in the comments, with people saying it's kawaii.
In this kind of situation there's no substitute for a native English speaker, with his linguistic intuition, to find an expression which preserves all the nuances and "feels" right.

Okay! So, in effect, she did two rehearsals back-to-back: 「いわゆる2回公演と一緒ですな。」 "feels almost as if I'd done that twice-a-day stage performance."
(一緒 : "no difference from; pretty much the same thing as"  ⇒<a class="bbc_url" href="http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/13 ... %B7%92/</a> )
Is "twice-a-day performance" something you can say in English? That's how I'd imagine 「二回公演」 would be translated, but Google doesn't seem to agree.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

It's just called Blocking.  I meant to respond to this yesterday but forgot, thanks for catching this max.  But yeah, I'd say the best way to put it is "I went through the blocking from beginning to end".  I am not good at explaining, but in dancing and plays blocking just means you roughly go through the movements, like where you will stand on the stage for different parts of the scene/dance, etc.  You aren't doing the polished moves yet.

And as for the twice a day part...I'd say it sounds more natural to say "It feels as if I did two performances in one day".
Last edited by yuzuriha on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="maxperkins84"]
Is "twice-a-day performance" something you can say in English? That's how I'd imagine 「二回公演」 would be translated, but Google doesn't seem to agree.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. Especially for the slurping part - don't think I'd have ever got that on my own.

Grammatically, 'twice-a-day performance' is correct, but suggests that an ongoing performance is held two times in a day.
Example: If you go to the zoo, don't miss the twice-a-day performances of the lions.

Thanks again for the help!

[quote="yuzu"]
It's just called Blocking.  I meant to respond to this yesterday but forgot, thanks for catching this max.  But yeah, I'd say the best way to put it is "I went through the blocking from beginning to end".  I am not good at explaining, but in dancing and plays blocking just means you roughly go through the movements, like where you will stand on the stage for different parts of the scene/dance, etc.  You aren't doing the polished moves yet.
[/quote]

Ah, that clears things up. I was thinking that they were doing the rehearsals in blocks.
Then I tracked down rokun's translation of the aforementioned Maimi blog post, and he uses it in the exact same manner.
Many thanks!
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="Skoban"]Example: If you go to the zoo, don't miss the twice-a-day performances of the lions.[/quote]

That's close to her intended meaning, I guess.
After all, she did use the word 「いわゆる」 - "the so-called twice-a-day performance", "what is known as a twice-a-day performance".
Although I don't know anything about C-ute events, just by reading her phrase I get the impression that they don't perform twice in a day regularly (normally only once), but they do it occasionally; and she expects the reader to know about it.
So, "It feels as if I did one of our twice-a-day performances"?
How about "It feels as if I've been through one of our double performance days"?

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="thaipokecard" data-cid="174381" data-time="1396338462">
I catch up with Iikubo's posts. Should I continue prepping hers? Will eri take over?</blockquote>

Okay. I can't cover all of them - maybe 3x week? So you can adjust prepping to whatever 3 you think look the most interesting if you want. Otherwise I'll delete what doesn't get done.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="thaipokecard" data-cid="174381" data-time="1396338462">
I catch up with Iikubo's posts. Should I continue prepping hers? Will eri take over?</blockquote>

Okay. I can't cover all of them - maybe 3x week? So you can adjust prepping to whatever 3 you think look the most interesting if you want. Otherwise I'll delete what doesn't get done.
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

I haven't had any access to a computer for the past week, so my translating will be on hiatus until Sunday. I will however try to do a post or two from my iPod, if such a thing is possible.

Thaipokecard- Once a day is fine with me :) thank you for your patience!
Lurkette
Kenshuusei

Post by Lurkette »

[quote="WhiteForte"]

[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

Start from this one, please, and then just let me or MisaChii know where you leave off (since I think it's a lot between that one and the most recent).
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

^
I can probably do them all of them now :hahaha:
I'll edit my progress later.

edit: scratch that, she uses emojis :hahaha:
Last edited by WhiteForte on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">PNG Emoji list http://blog-project.net/?p=253876&preview=true
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="maxperkins84"]

So, "It feels as if I did one of our twice-a-day performances"?
How about "It feels as if I've been through one of our double performance days"?

[/quote]

Ah, going back through it, that does seem like a much better fit.
Thanks for going through all that trouble :)
MisaChii
Kenshuusei

Post by MisaChii »

[quote="Lurkette"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WhiteForte" data-cid="174469" data-time="1396470081">
<div>

[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

Start from this one, please, and then just let me or MisaChii know where you leave off (since I think it's a lot between that one and the most recent).

</div>
</blockquote>

Since WhiteForte's gonna take over for the moment, I'll let you know when I'm totally fine to start re-prepping (or just let Lurkette or me know where you stop~). Thanks for helping out! :D
Last edited by MisaChii on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="eri"]Okay. I can't cover all of them - maybe 3x week? So you can adjust prepping to whatever 3 you think look the most interesting if you want. Otherwise I'll delete what doesn't get done[/quote]

I got one done today. I guess I will prep every other day and see how it goes. I can't read Japanese well so I will base my interest on the pictures (or interaction with other members). Thank you for translating hers.

[quote="taylor"]
I haven't had any access to a computer for the past week, so my translating will be on hiatus until Sunday. I will however try to do a post or two from my iPod, if such a thing is possible.

Thaipokecard- Once a day is fine with me :) thank you for your patience!
[/quote]
Alright. I will start on Sunday.
Emoji List

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

eyikii
Kenshuusei

Post by eyikii »

Hello???? I have a flight tonight. I'll prep miya's ameba tomorrow.
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

@Lurkette: I'm halfway of catching up, so when I do that, I'll prepp normally until MisaChii is able to do it again :)
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I got caught with work and won't be able to prep until Thursday. Sorry for a late notice.
Emoji List

Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

@WhiteForte: You mind prepping this? kntm went to a maid cafe alone.
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11817336376.html
I guess JJ and the Kenshuusei calling her mistress wasn't enough for her.
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

Done Skoban.

I wonder what were her reasons xD. Looking forward to the translation.
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

So, it looks like Zukki..made up a word in her latest prepped post? Translating the entry was a breeze up until I got to this line: "列島的にしたの方だからあったかいかなー?なんて思ってましたが、寒かったです"

Apparently, "列島的に" isn't actually a word, lol. Leave it to Zukki to make up words
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

She's probably just saying "like 列島" because 的 is a suffix here. I wouldn't be sure how to translate that as a whole ("because it's like an archipelago of sorts" maybe?), but I think you did well. ^^
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="taylor"]
"列島的にしたの方だからあったかいかなー?なんて思ってましたが、寒かったです"
[/quote]

First of all, the 「列島」 is naturally 「日本列島」

The 「的」 is the hated tekiben (的弁). I highly recommend this series of articles which deals with the various trends in modern colloquial Japanese that the older generation has a hard time accepting. http://homepage3.nifty.com/wedd/iroiro.html 『言葉いろいろ。近頃気になる若者の言葉えらびについて紹介します』

In short, they believe that you can just graft 「~的に」 onto any and every noun, then use it in a similar capacity as 「~にとって」 「~として」 「~において」

Examples: let's look at 「車」 as it's the first noun that came to my mind. From the first 5 hits on Google as usual:

「スバルXVとゴルフは、どちらが車的に優れているのでしょうか?」
「Yomiuri Online:「ハイビームもっと使って」と滋賀県警。ううむ。対向車的には厳しいが、そのほうが安全なのかな。」

Back to Suzuki's blog, 「したの方」 is 「南」

Let me now rewrite her phrase in standard Japanese and you should have no difficulty at all with it

日本列島では南の方だから暖かいかな?なんて思っていましたが、寒かったです。
Last edited by maxperkins84 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="maxperkins84"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="174656" data-time="1397000645">
<div>
"列島的にしたの方だからあったかいかなー?なんて思ってましたが、寒かったです"
[/quote]

First of all, the 「列島」 is naturally 「日本列島」

The 「的」 is the hated tekiben (的弁). I highly recommend this series of articles which deals with the various trends in modern colloquial Japanese that the older generation has a hard time accepting. http://homepage3.nifty.com/wedd/iroiro.html 『言葉いろいろ。近頃気になる若者の言葉えらびについて紹介します』

In short, they believe that you can just graft 「~的に」 onto any and every noun, then use it in a similar capacity as 「~にとって」 「~として」 「~において」

Examples: let's look at 「車」 as it's the first noun that came to my mind. From the first 5 hits on Google as usual:

「スバルXVとゴルフは、どちらが車的に優れているのでしょうか?」
「Yomiuri Online:「ハイビームもっと使って」と滋賀県警。ううむ。対向車的には厳しいが、そのほうが安全なのかな。」

Back to Suzuki's blog, 「したの方」 is 「南」

Let me now rewrite her phrase in standard Japanese and you should have no difficulty at all with it

日本列島では南の方だから暖かいかな?なんて思っていましたが、寒かったです。

Thanks, Max! You're always a big help ^^
</div>
</blockquote>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yossie has an ameblo blog now. I thought I'd tell you guys in case someone was interested in translating. She's managed to submit 10 posts in a single day.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MisaChii
Kenshuusei

Post by MisaChii »

[quote="WhiteForte"]
@Lurkette: I'm halfway of catching up, so when I do that, I'll prepp normally until MisaChii is able to do it again :)
[/quote]

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I'm okay with taking over Sayumi again. :D
Let me know where I should start~