Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

Post by Kalle »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="175518" data-time="1399314005">The Best Buy Theater isn't big enough to have "nosebleed seats." The "balcony" is actually just a few steps up from the main seating area. It's basically just a large single-screen movie theater, which is what it was built as (the Loew's Astor Plaza, later the Sony Astor Plaza).  STAR WARS premiered there 37 years ago yesterday. I saw it there during its initial run.</blockquote>
That's good to know! ( I've never been to NYC, so ... this'll be an experience in more ways than one! )
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]
That's a loooong drive for me (12.5 hours), and I doubt I could convince anyone to come with, so it's a no-go for me.

I'll see if I can get a trade off going to an Alice in Chains concert with boyfriend so he'll do this with me, but I smell lots of no.
[/quote]

lol it's like double that for me. Texas might as well be a different country.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah and petit was telling me plane prices from Texas to NYC and I was like you are better off going to Japan. o_O  Which is saaaaad because I want to meet everyone!!!!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Ahhhhh looks like this is definitely going to work out for me, let's pray nothing falls through...  My friend H who had a brief stint as a H!P fan had promised me along time ago if MM were to come to the states she would go with me.  I posted on Insta about it, and she told me she's totally in!

:XD: day trip to NYC with my best friend to see MoMusu? Dream come true.

Here's a facebook group for fans who want to go:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/282778038565602/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved

Flash mob in the works, it seems.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Oddly enough, the boyfriend and I are discussing going.

I don't know what's possessed him to be up for this, but I may be going after all.

I'm not having any luck finding a single decently priced hotel though... I don't have any experience with this, but isn't $300/night a bit much?? Are there package deals I'm missing for somewhere else?
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Agh train fare is double what it said... thanks Amtrak for just showing one way instead of round trip like I selected...
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Come hell or high water I will be there.  Finally something not across the country in Cali.  Finalllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I dream of the day when I can actually go to an event and meet all of you!
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I asked my parents, and they're actually open to the idea of going to the concert, but Thea's having problems being able to go, so I'm kinda wanting to not go.

It's 6 hours away, and our van is not exactly Mr. Reliable, so we'd have to rent a car / van and that costs so much... X_x. But they're still open to it, so we'll have to see!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzu"]
Yeah and petit was telling me plane prices from Texas to NYC and I was like you are better off going to Japan. o_O  Which is saaaaad because I want to meet everyone!!!!
[/quote]

I didn't even bother looking since I'm perma-broke and a Sunday is the worst day to have this, but I'm surprised they were so expensive even though that's 5 months away.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I am so upset. I'm studying abroad in China in the fall so of course when I go to Asia, MM comes to America!
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

Yesssss, finally a time where leaving LA to come to New York for college works out for me concert wise :3 I was upset that I missed the free k-pop concert in LA, but Morning Musume coming to NY totally makes up for that <3. I'm definitely going for sure, hopefully I'll be able to buy a VIP ticket.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

What all is included in VIP?  Signed album and concert ticket?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Concert ticket + CD + priority pass to get the CD signed by the girls.

I'm assuming that they'll have a full album out by then and that's what it's for. 58 extra dollars for a signed single would be criminal.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

New York?! They should come to Los Angeles! What Asian entertainer bypasses southern Ca for NY?? Ridiculous.

/grumpy
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

For those who were wondering about the concert room, here are some different views.
Campy <3 !
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

When did they first announce this? on the 5th? Because I would have gone if I had known a month ago.
Last edited by AurA on Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="eri"]
New York?! They should come to Los Angeles! What Asian entertainer bypasses southern Ca for NY?? Ridiculous.

/grumpy
[/quote]

You guys already got them! Granted it was four years ago, but XD They might've done this after the results from when they asked American fans where they live. Hell, Kyrary was in Chicago a month or so ago (sorry if I spelled her name wrong)!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="AurA"]
When did they first announce this? on the 5th? Because I would have gone if I had known a month ago.
[/quote]

A month ago nobody knew about this, not even the planners.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't think I'll be able to make it for a variety of reasons, mostly that boyfriend probably won't go after all, so that increases the trip cost trying to go solo, and I don't have a vehicle I trust enough to make it that far alone.

I've been considering taking a plane, but a trip to NYC alone for a few days sounds kind of dangerous... Am I being paranoid?
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="showraniy"]
I don't think I'll be able to make it for a variety of reasons, mostly that boyfriend probably won't go after all, so that increases the trip cost trying to go solo, and I don't have a vehicle I trust enough to make it that far alone.

I've been considering taking a plane, but a trip to NYC alone for a few days sounds kind of dangerous... Am I being paranoid?
[/quote]
Yes. NYC ain't what it used to be. Besides, you'll be with all of us. (Okay, maybe that's why you're paranoid.)
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

So I will most likely be going with my younger brother since he seems to enjoy MM and HP in general. I will be driving down from about Toronto Canada only if I can get tickets.

I read on another forum that there won't be any assigned seatings but more of a free for all. Does anyone here have any information regarding that?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It's standing only. VIP gets in first, then everyone else and pray to god you don't get stepped on by someone jumping around during the concert. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Ah that is such a tun off then since I do not want to stand there for a ridiculous amount of time to get trampled.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Last time I went to see Berryz the considerate Japanese wota usually stood in the back. But then you get the foreign wota who's just too damn excited to be there and needs to be up front, jumping around like a lunatic. 

I hope they don't do that. jumping is dangerous and annoying. I don't mind the arms in the air, waving around your glow sticks, but if you start swinging glow sticks around and you hit me in the face I'm going to elbow you. Hard! 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

LOL I feel the same. I would probably just 'accidentally' jump on your ankle with my heels depending how annoyed I am.

I do have a few concerns though since standing in line for anything more than 4 hours is a killer. Are there anyone that is for sure going?
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I probably won't know for sure sure until late August or so -- I'll try and secure tickets if I can, but I'm also going to Houston for some job interviews this summer so the sureness hinges on whether I get a job that's cool with me going or not so soon after being hired. If I can't, then I'll just resell the tickets to someone that really wants them.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Me and Thea have both decided against going. With our future plans, there will be many more chances to see MM, and as much as I love Sayu, it's just too uncomfortable for Thea to be standing so long on a not-entirely-healed broken leg for 4+ hours, including all the waiting time and such.

But hey, look around for us in future concerts ;D
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Me and Thea have both decided against going. With our future plans, there will be many more chances to see MM, and as much as I love Sayu, it's just too uncomfortable for Thea to be standing so long on a not-entirely-healed broken leg for 4+ hours, including all the waiting time and such.

But hey, look around for us in future concerts ;D
[/quote]

Aw, so sad. I was looking forward meeting you guys!
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

:( I didn't realize that I'd have to stand for so many hours.... I'm not physically capable of doing that.