Any decent anime?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Any decent anime?

Post by Madara »

I cover the newest Pokemon movie, "Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction," in my latest blog entry. It premiered on Cartoon Network last Saturday.

Serena, Bonnie and Diancie have a cute dress-up segment:

There's quite a lot of spectacular scenery in it also:

Last edited by Madara on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Only two episodes in and I love it. Okay so they drew me in with the amazing animation, but the story is starting to become interesting. A child piano prodigy who, after his mothers death just cant seem to play a piano anymore, meets a a free spirited girl who happens to be a violinist. Add in two side characters, the playboy best friend who the violinist likes, but he has only a passing liking for, and the girl next door who may or may not have a crush on the lead character. I expect some angst and more pretty art.[/quote]

I love it too. I love the mains characters, the way it's drawn and the opening is great. Also, I played the piano for several years with my brother and this anime makes me feel a bit nostalgic..
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/6kRETGZdmr8sTendnp/browse/item/98515/4/0/0

Has anybody here ever seen the AKB48 anime?  Is it any good?

Do any of the real AKB48 members do their own voices?

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="182412" data-time="1418326223">http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/6kRETGZdmr8sTendnp/browse/item/98515/4/0/0

Has anybody here ever seen the AKB48 anime?  Is it any good?

Do any of the real AKB48 members do their own voices?</blockquote>
It's surprisingly watchable for a cliched idol/mecha anime. Just try not to think that Shoji Kawamori was involved in it. Possibly the best part was the soundtrack and orchestral arrangements of some familiar AKB songs. If I remember right I thought that the 2nd season was actually better, however the Opening and (especially) Ending songs from the first season are some of my favourite ones from the AKB factory.

A handful of AKB members did the voices but they don't voice their own characters but other members, if that makes any sense.
Last edited by aine on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Wait I thought the point was that they voiced their own characters?  Oh well. I don't care for the anime, I had trouble getting myself through the first episode.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I started watching PriPara recently, another idol anime aimed at young girls. Its based on its arcade game which is a sequel to Pretty Rhythm, I believe. Mireille is my favorite.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I just tried Psycho-Pass for some random entertainment to kill time last night, and ended up really liking it. Considering how often we put something random on Netflix and I fall asleep before we're 30 minutes into it, I am impressed that I was wide awake through three whole episodes of this show, so I'm guessing that means it's refreshingly good to my anime'd-out brain.

I passed it up a lot on Netflix for other things even though they've been pushing it at me for a few months now, so now I regret I didn't try it sooner. So far, it seems to be about a group of inspectors who investigate, and suppress or kill, people who are tagged as "latent criminals" based on their psychological stats. The first three episodes were villain-of-the-day, so I'm hoping there will be a bigger villain who will span the majority of the episodes in the future. Though the story follows a young up-and-coming inspector who just joined the group, I'm glad that she's not an obnoxious heroine. She's young and naive in a lot of ways, but I take it as a good sign that she hasn't turned me off yet. Plus, the other characters haven't been easy on her either when she's said/done something naive, so I have hope that she'll get past that stuff quickly and we'll actually see her mature into a badass inspector by the end.

Has anyone else tried this show? It reminds me of the world in Ghost in the Shell and Bladerunner with technology influencing law enforcement in some pretty interesting ways.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

In an attempt to find Akino Arai's first single, Yakusoku, which was used in the movie Windaria, I stumbled upon the whole movie up on Youtube. xD If anyone hasn't seen it, it's on here subtitled. Watch Here~
80's anime at its finest, this isn't like one of my favorite anime's or anything, but if haven't seen in, why not now?

If I could get the storylines/characters from the 80s, early 90s to merge with the quality of anime design today, I think I'd have my perfect anime. It's very hard to find non-cliche anime these days that panders to certain types of Japanese fans. 

Now back to finding what I was originally on the hunt for. Haha.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Lately I've started watching Noragami and Assassination Classroom. Both very different but very good!
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="185814" data-time="1425689752">In an attempt to find Akino Arai's first single, Yakusoku, which was used in the movie Windaria, I stumbled upon the whole movie up on Youtube. xD If anyone hasn't seen it, it's on here subtitled. Watch Here~
80's anime at its finest, this isn't like one of my favorite anime's or anything, but if haven't seen in, why not now?

If I could get the storylines/characters from the 80s, early 90s to merge with the quality of anime design today, I think I'd have my perfect anime. It's very hard to find non-cliche anime these days that panders to certain types of Japanese fans. 

Now back to finding what I was originally on the hunt for. Haha.</blockquote>
Funny, I got on an Akino Arai nostalgia trip just yesterday since we started watching the Lodoss TV series and she sings the ending song. I actually ended up downloading Windaria because I remembered I wanted to watch it for a long time now. :lol:

I don't have the full single, but I have the song itself on the Natsukashii Mirai album if you want it.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="Molly"]
Lately I've started watching Noragami and Assassination Classroom. Both very different but very good!
[/quote]

Ive been watching assassination classroom too! I love it!
If you guys haven't seen it I suggest you watch Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru! It was the best.
Also Wixoss is good too.

Made by Haru!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

About anime openings, funny, especially when you know the song and you haven't heard it his way before !

And I know it's a bit late but I agree with aine about AKB0048. But, if I was pleased with it as a girl who loves shoujo with good songs, not sure if it's really the taste of everyone.
Campy <3 !
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

If you're not very exigent and like romantic comedies you should watch Ore Monogatari!! from this anime season.

You have the usual charming main character

Those faces are just worth it. Watch it.
<p style="text-align:right;">Manaka.....
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I mentioned this in the Movies thread, but it's appropriate here also. I reviewed the newest Studio Ghibli film, WHEN MARNIE WAS THERE, on my film blog:

https://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/when-marnie-was-there-best-ghibli-film-since-mononoke/#more-2588

Excellent film and highly recommended.

michisings
Kenshuusei

Post by michisings »

Does anybody know where I can get Lilpri or Kirarin Revolution? D:

<div> •*/) /) </div>
<div>ฅ(• - •)ฅうん•*¨*•. Usa-chan PEACE!♬ </div>
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="michisings" data-cid="189491" data-time="1435808698">Does anybody know where I can get Lilpri or Kirarin Revolution? D:</blockquote>
Your best bet is always to just search for it on anidb.net and then go to the subbers' homepage/IRC.

Kirarin is really basically shit.
I don't know Lilpri, but I expect it to be just as bad.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="michisings" data-cid="189491" data-time="1435808698">
Does anybody know where I can get Lilpri or Kirarin Revolution? D:
</blockquote>

Your best bet is always to just search for it on anidb.net and then go to the subbers' homepage/IRC.

Kirarin is really basically shit.

I don't know Lilpri, but I expect it to be just as bad.[/quote]

Since Kilari got a dubbed version in many languages, I've never found a subbed Japanese version. But you may find the dubbed version.

Ap, Kilari is my very first anime (that I followed closely) and all my hand-made cosplays :p.
Campy <3 !
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="189501" data-time="1435840161">Ap, Kilari is my very first anime (that I followed closely) and all my hand-made cosplays :p.</blockquote>
You need to get your hands on the good stuff.
michisings
Kenshuusei

Post by michisings »

Thank you, Ap! And I know it will be bad. Hahahaha~ I don't mind. 

<div> •*/) /) </div>
<div>ฅ(• - •)ฅうん•*¨*•. Usa-chan PEACE!♬ </div>
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

So I've been watching Love Live: School Idol Project, and there's no way that Nico is not 1000% completely based on Momochi.

Also, Nico is the devil. Umi best waifu.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like Love Live is like K-on! as Idols. Honoka is Yui, Umi is Mio, Kotori is Mugi, and Azusa is like a combo of other girls.
(Not that I don't love Love Live, I'm addicted to the app too).
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Anybody here watched Attack on Titan?

I thought about watching the live action movie, but I haven't seen the anime itself.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Ap2000"]

I thought about watching the live action movie, but I haven't seen the anime itself.
[/quote]

Attack on Titan is definitely good. I wouldn't recommend multitasking while doing it though since there's a lot of stuff you have to pay attention to that is important later on.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Ap2000"]

[/quote]

The live action version is universally hated by the fans. It's kind of a alternate reality that has almost nothing in common with the anime other than there being Titans.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Dang, and I thought the previews of the live-action movie looked really good too. :( I was expecting it to be shit, but at least it looks good, I guess (which is no small feat with those freaky Titans...).
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

It's been years since I was this captivated by an anime, but One Punch Man did it.
Not only does it have great comedy in general, parts of it are a really well done deconstruction of the anime superhero clichées.

Madhouse also did an excellent job with the animation.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Ap2000"]
It's been years since I was this captivated by an anime, but One Punch Man did it.
Not only does it have great comedy in general, parts of it are a really well done deconstruction of the anime superhero clichées.

Madhouse also did an excellent job with the animation.
[/quote]

The creator's follow up is airing right now, Mob Psycho 100.

It does to psychic powers what One Punch does to superheroes with a FAR more cynical sense of humor.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Thanks for the info.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I feel heartbroken to say that the Ace Attorney anime seems to be utter shite. The first episode was the most cringeful 20 minutes I sat through in a very long time and I don't know if I can get myself to watch another.

Macross Delta, on the other hand, shapes up to be decent enough. Not great, and also a little too much like 0048 for my taste, but definitely watchable. And I could jam to Ikenai Borderline all night, too (I wanted to link the song but all I could find were shitty cover and remix versions).

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I want to say the Delta soundtrack still hasn't been released yet. Maybe one or two singles are out.