UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by arcobaleno »

What, none of you want to rock out to Papancake-esque Classic H!P Hits™ from Koharu again?
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
What, none of you want to rock out to Papancake-esque Classic H!P Hits™ from Koharu again?
[/quote]

I yearn for it ! *Tan Tan Taan! If she returns by Chance, I'll be Happy enough to dance the Balalaïka while doing Pa(pa)ncake *Sugao-flavour* on a Hapi(sic) Sunday* :party:

But I'm prepared to be one of the only one on this forum (Madara, please, help xD).

Campy <3 !
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Anderei"]
Abe is putting out a new album on 6/17, titled DREAMS. This will be an original album and not covers.

http://www.neowing.co.jp/product/DAKUFCW-1101
[/quote]

I just noticed looking at the Up-Front Works page that it comes with two CDs: a studio version and a live version.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I would give my left tit for a Goto Maki comeback but I don't see it in the near future.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I'd like a Yasuda-Yaguchi collaboration album, lol. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Gaki has an instagram now: https://instagram.com/risa_niigaki1020/
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="187839" data-time="1431020918">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJhrB0uiQY

Kikkawa You Hana full (MV)</blockquote>
Still not as long as my favourite long song, but a nice try. :tongue:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="187841" data-time="1431023036">At first I was really excited for this "longest song" but it's not really a long song. It's a lot of short songs put together to make the minute count look long. RIght now I'm about 5 minutes in and it switched completely to a different song, it's not the same song. I'm going to listen to it through because it's Kikka, but I don't care for this.</blockquote>
I haven't been able to listen to it whole without interruption :wut:, but I kinda like it. I think you're a bit too harsh, it does have a theme running throughout and binding it together. It is too disjointed to be perfect, but not a total waste either. If there were no changes of tempo or melody and so on, it would be very boring. Check the one I linked above, there are many changes in that song, but still it does feel like one whole piece.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="187852" data-time="1431051936">I don't know if this was mentioned, but Takui did an album (Renga no Ie) and it has his version of Taiki Bansei and Tsugi no Kado wo Magare on it.</blockquote> 
And it's nowhere to be found! I might end up having to buy it. :ph34r:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="188018" data-time="1431720663">Gaki has an instagram now: https://instagram.com/risa_niigaki1020/</blockquote>
I don't know what happened, but she looks better than ever.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She graduated from boring idol style. I think most girls look better post-grad.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Yuko or Aya would be my choice.
[/quote]

Same here. Fujimoto, too. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

I don't know what happened, but she looks better than ever.

[/quote]

She was a really late bloomer, but she was stunning even her last couple of years in the group.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Absolutely! I never much cared for her while she was in MM, but I always found Niigaki just drop dead gorgeous from when I first noticed her in Shouganai Yume Oibito era on until her graduation. She was a bombshell.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Apparently Mogi Minami has been doing some solo indie stuff and she participated in Otsuka Aina's birthday live in April. Here's a video of them together:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEGZZxtz3KM

She grew up pretty. She's 16 now.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I don't care which OG releases a new album as long as the songs are great. Everyone begging for a Matsuura album, I have to ask: did you even enjoy her last albums? I liked and still listen to Chocolate Damashii but its sales were embarrassing. Probably never even listened to anything off Omoi Afurete (her last album) and Double Rainbow was kind of a let down from her super awesome first three albums. 

Plus, new albums are cool in the sense that they prove our old idols are still active but, like, isn't it sad if Nakazawa ends up stuck with enka again? 

I actually wish Abe would release a cd of her narrating books on tape. Her radio show is wonderful. She has a great speaking voice.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Wasn't Click You Link Me her last album?

I feel like they had her go the 'mature' route way too early. She was still in her early 20s and putting out boring ballad music. Maybe it was her decision but it was a poor one.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun May 17, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="eri"]
Plus, new albums are cool in the sense that they prove our old idols are still active but, like, isn't it sad if Nakazawa ends up stuck with enka again? 
[/quote]

But.... I like enka...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

I feel like they had her go the 'mature' route way too early. She was still in her early 20s and putting out boring ballad music. Maybe it was her decision but it was a poor one.
[/quote]

I agree. I never understood why they couldn't give her upbeat music beyond her third album. She was a young, stylish and beautiful idol at the top of her game, and they marketed her as an aging enka star. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, and I think that even if they wanted to start moving her away from idol pop, they could have done it more slowly and found a middle ground.

It's crazy to that she hasn't put out material since 2010 but isn't even 30 yet.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun May 17, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="188071" data-time="1431905881">

I feel like they had her go the 'mature' route way too early. She was still in her early 20s and putting out boring ballad music. Maybe it was her decision but it was a poor one.</blockquote>

Yes! Totally forgot about that one. It was released after hergrad, right?

Aya chose to go that route, or so it seems. She just seemed over it all. Plus everyone knows she is way older than her official age haha.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]
 Plus everyone knows she is way older than her official age haha.

[/quote]

Wait, what? Is this a real thing?
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Rumor back in the day that she was a few years older than what they said her debut age was.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha! I never heard that one.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]
I don't care which OG releases a new album as long as the songs are great. 
[/quote]

I think that's sort of assumed whenever someone says they wish (insert retired idol here) would release new music. I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind a cover album from any number of OGs, but I suspect the commercial appeal of such releases are extremely limited.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="188068" data-time="1431902620">
<div>
I don't care which OG releases a new album as long as the songs are great. 
[/quote]

I think that's sort of assumed whenever someone says they wish (insert retired idol here) would release new music. I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind a cover album from any number of OGs, but I suspect the commercial appeal of such releases are extremely limited.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't know...People get all nostalgic and say they'll support their favorite OGs as long as they are doing something close to what they did in MM: putting out singles, albums, and singing songs on tv. Maybe it makes me a bad fan but Hangry & Angry made me realize that I can't put favorite OGs over bad music (YES I SAID IT, BAD MUSIC. COME AT ME HANGRY FANS). Iida's French bistro background music album was okay but I draw the line at bad pop music and enka.

This is kind of OT but, it reminds me of the fan divide over the rebooted Sailor Moon. It is SO BAD, like so genuinely terrible, that I cannot watch it. There are many people who say they are such pure, good, devoted fans of the franchise that they have to love the new show too. I am not that kind of fan I guess.

Edit: yeah, even now there are lots of gossipy sites about Aya's "true" age. They poked fun at her on tv shows too I think. People say she is at least 2 years older than her official age but some sites say she is the same age as Abe (so like 33). 
Last edited by eri on Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Truthfully I don't really know much of Matsuura Aya's music outside her early singles, but I know from some concert clips I've seen that she has an amazing voice. So when I said I want her to make a new album, I really mean I want some new (good!) music to listen to so I can appreciate her voice more. :D
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="eri"]
This is kind of OT but, it reminds me of the fan divide over the rebooted Sailor Moon. It is SO BAD, like so genuinely terrible, that I cannot watch it. There are many people who say they are such pure, good, devoted fans of the franchise that they have to love the new show too. I am not that kind of fan I guess.

[/quote]

I'm not that type of fan, either. But yeah, off topic my bad! 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="188076" data-time="1431914022"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="188071" data-time="1431905881">

I feel like they had her go the 'mature' route way too early. She was still in her early 20s and putting out boring ballad music. Maybe it was her decision but it was a poor one.</blockquote>

I agree. I never understood why they couldn't give her upbeat music beyond her third album. She was a young, stylish and beautiful idol at the top of her game, and they marketed her as an aging enka star. </blockquote>
Her health probably didn't help matters though.
Arie
Kenshuusei

Post by Arie »

Here is Takui with Taiki bansei ,radio rip 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ePOjTPMII

:umad:
Last edited by Arie on Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Arie"]
Here is Takui with Taiki bansei ,radio rip 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ePOjTPMII

:umad:
[/quote]

Shoujo Q beat you to it. By four months  :rofl:

http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=6344&p=183507
Arie
Kenshuusei

Post by Arie »

:wheely:
Never paid attention to Takui ..
Last edited by Arie on Tue May 19, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.