UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="187955" data-time="1431524994">
Abe is putting out a new album on 6/17, titled DREAMS. This will be an original album and not covers.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.neowing.co.jp/product/DAKUFC ... blockquote>

Album cover:
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Thea"]
Takahashi and Niigaki dancing with Konno on her show.
[/quote]

Is it only me or was Konkon the best of the three ?

Campy <3 !
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="188173" data-time="1432234403">
<div>
Takahashi and Niigaki dancing with Konno on her show.
[/quote]

Is it only me or was Konkon the best of the three ?

</div>
</blockquote>

Asami's definitely working it, Hitoe style.

As much as I love Speed, it would have been nice to hear these three sing that song.

[quote="Valerie"]
Aika reporting on the Music Festa concert in english.
[/quote]

That's wonderful. Thank you!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Madara, it looks like Aika is occasionally using English in her blogs, too.

http://ameblo.jp/mitsuiaika-blog/entry-12020251455.html
http://ameblo.jp/mitsuiaika-blog/entry-12024560631.html

Last edited by Vikitty on Sun May 24, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I think this is really gonna help H!P's international reach, a la Jessica and SM.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="188261" data-time="1432488078">
I think this is really gonna help H!P's international reach, a la Jessica and SM.</blockquote>

????

But Aika isnt even doing anything. In fact, shes a liability to h!p :lol:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think anything is gonna help their international reach but I think calling her a liability is a stretch.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="188261" data-time="1432488078">
I think this is really gonna help H!P's international reach, a la Jessica and SM.
</blockquote>

????

[/quote]

She only got back to Japan like a month ago, calm your tits and cut her some slack.

No, she's not a "liability." She does still have a lot of fans, even if majourity of this board doesn't like her and is still bitter.  I can't say I'm personally her biggest fan, but I like her more than some other girls, and there's some people who just adore her.

I can see perhaps in the future, them sending her to America to promote H!P at cons, or perhaps she'll even do translations for videos. Give her a few more months before accusing her of being a liability or worthless.
Last edited by Haru on Mon May 25, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Most of the time I forget that Aika exists and was ever a member of Morning Musume. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I confused to as why she's still listed as an artist on the H!P website. She doesn't do anything.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Satoyama.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kei on Shikujiri Sensei, the show Heiki was on a couple weeks ago.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rew2w_20150525-しくじり先生-俺みたいになるな-保田圭_tv

Discussion about the Kemeko character, obviously. Apparently she talks about guys not wanting to be seen with her and befriending her so they could meet other members? D:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="JPope"]
Most of the time I forget that Aika exists and was ever a member of Morning Musume. 
[/quote]

SO MUCH THIS.  I remember when I came back to the fandom after my EriJunLin post grad boycott and I was catching up on some of the videos and I was like OH SHIT SHE'S STILL THERE?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Utage: Team Takahashi vs Team Kei
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ri9m ... i-u_fun</a>

Also, Yaguchi, Kei, Rika, Yossie and Risa were invited to perform at Kishidan's music festival on 9/19~9/20.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue May 26, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Aichan still has a lovely voice in my opinion.
Campy <3 !
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Valerie"]
Another concert report by Aika in English about Angerme's concert.
[/quote]

Beautiful. It's stuff like this that keeps me a fan. Since it says Kanon's doing her last concert on Nov. 29 at Budokan, I may time my trip to Japan to end around that time. 

I just finished writing up last year's S/mileage Budokan concert (I'm gonna post it on my blog as soon as I get all the pix selected) and now I read here they just did another one. I look forward to seeing this when it finally comes out on disc and, hopefully, writing it up a helluva lot sooner than I did last year's.

Thanks!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="188370" data-time="1432825221">
<div>
[/quote]

Beautiful. It's stuff like this that keeps me a fan. Since it says Kanon's doing her last concert on Nov. 29 at Budokan, I may time my trip to Japan to end around that time. 

I just finished writing up last year's S/mileage Budokan concert (I'm gonna post it on my blog as soon as I get all the pix selected) and now I read here they just did another one. I look forward to seeing this when it finally comes out on disc and, hopefully, writing it up a helluva lot sooner than I did last year's.

Thanks!

</div>
</blockquote>

And here's her report about MM15's concert.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-morning-musume15-budokan-report-by-aika/887798244612427
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Valerie"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="188371" data-time="1432826127">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="188370" data-time="1432825221">
<div>
[/quote]

Thanks!

</div>
</blockquote>

And here's her report about MM15's concert.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-morning-musume15-budokan-report-by-aika/887798244612427

</div>
</blockquote>

Wow, she sat with Ai-chan to watch the concert. There's so much love being expressed there. And continued support for the group from past members really means something to the girls. This is precious. Thank you.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="188280" data-time="1432571811"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="188276" data-time="1432568114">
I think this is really gonna help H!P's international reach, a la Jessica and SM.</blockquote>
????

</blockquote>

She only got back to Japan like a month ago, calm your tits and cut her some slack.

No, she's not a "liability." She does still have a lot of fans, even if majourity of this board doesn't like her and is still bitter. I can't say I'm personally her biggest fan, but I like her more than some other girls, and there's some people who just adore her.

I can see perhaps in the future, them sending her to America to promote H!P at cons, or perhaps she'll even do translations for videos. Give her a few more months before accusing her of being a liability or worthless.</blockquote>

Oh man, take your own damn advice and calm your own tits. Way to project into my TWO SENTENCE comment with a mini novel about the great potential (:lol:) of the popular and beloved artist Aika.

Anyway, it had been 15 years since Happy Summer Wedding! It was released May 2000.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Excuse me for having a different opinion and believing in everybody's potential rather than being bitter that Kikka didn't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, Kikka's doing way better than she would've if she was in Momusu.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

You sound pretty bitter than people don't like Aika though.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Aika seems like a cool chick. Like she would probably be fun to hang out with, and I think she's legitimately a good person. I just don't think she was very good in MM. My perception might be clouded by the fact that she basically represents the era of MM that I like the least, and the years I paid the least amount of attention to them. 

I'll probably think of Erina, Haruna Ikubo, and Ayumi similarly once they're gone, unless something unexpected happens, which I doubt, because they've all been in the group for so long already. Hell, I might even think of Mizuki like I do Aika once she's gone. They all joined the group before I started paying attention to it again, and none of them have really done anything to make me care much about them. Kind of like Aika.
Last edited by JPope on Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Same. I like Aika as a person, but was never too crazy about her in MM. I never really felt liked she meshed well with the others in terms of being a group.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I loved Aika and still do (she was my favorite when she was in the group, and pretty much got me into MM), but I definitely agree. The value she added to the group was behind the scenes, and it never really blossomed on screen for anyone to see. The most I remember her seniors in MM saying about her was that she never caused any problems because she learned the dances well, but that's a hard thing to sell on stage since it's only an advantage backstage.

Just saying. Even though I still adore her, she blends into the background as a professional wallflower, which sucks when people like frickin' Koharu were out shining her a million times over.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I kind of agree with Haru that some of the complaining about it (especially so many years later) feels a lot like bitterness. That audition was nearly a decade ago and Aika graduated nearly three years ago. It feels like an even odder complaint now that H!P is full of Aikas that get fawned over. If Aika is a liability so are nearly entire groups. It's just time to let it go.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OVER THREE YEARS AGO 

I agree with a lot of the sentiment expressed here.  I didn't like Aika as a member of MM but it's not the same way I dislike Reina or Koharu.  She doesn't seem like a brat or anything, she just....wasn't very good.

Anyway I am just happy that Upfront really seems to care about their artists and there is always a place for them if they want it.  

Also it was pure coincidence that I came back to the fandom the single right after Aika left.  Although...when I found out she had JUST left I was like wait she was still in the group?  
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="188422" data-time="1433168159">
That audition was nearly a decade ago and Aika graduated nearly three years ago.</blockquote>
I wasn't even a fan during the 8th gen auditions, and I'm still not crazy about Aika.

But there are H!P members who I'm not crazy about now either. That's kind of the point of having so many girls isn't it, to appeal to all sorts of different people. But then not everyone is going to be a fan of every single one of them.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Anderei"]
It feels like an even odder complaint now that H!P is full of Aikas that get fawned over.
[/quote]

This is the most accurate thing in this thread, everyone can go home!  :D/ I jest. Mostly.

I don't really think people are bitter about Aika - it's true, she was a very disappointing addition to the group.  8th gen was the first time I got to watch the audition footage in real time and most people were very shocked she won.  But at the end of the day, she was in the group during it's lowest selling and least successful era, so I don't think many people are bitter that Kikka didn't get in anymore (although, truthfully, her solo career has been even more disappointing in terms of mainstream success than Platinum Era but at that point, you're arguing over whose winning a losing race.) 

That said, I'll never forgive her for making Junjun cry!  :girlie: