Zukki to graduate from MM'16 at the end of the spring tour.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Zukki to graduate from MM'16 at the end of the spring tour.

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Announced at today's MM'16 60th single release event.</div>
<div>Zukki will be graduating at the end of the MM'16 Spring Tour.</div>
<div>She'll be leaving the idol world behind.</div>
<div> </div>
<div><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/news/4322/" ... .</a></div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Thank you for your continued support towards Hello! Project and Morning Musume。'16. Kanon Suzuki, Morning Musume。'16 member, will graduate from Morning Musume。'16 and Hello! Project at the end of Morning Musume。'16 Spring tour.
<div>Kanon Suzuki entered Morning Musume。 as a member of the 9th generation in 2011 and then performed for more than 5 years. She reported last year “I want to study to have a work related to the welfare”. After a discussion, it came to the conclusion of graduating at the end of the Spring Concert Tour of 2016.</div>
<div>After her graduation she will follow another road, but I think she can take advantage of those 5 years of activities and experiences and she voluntary leaves with her own cheerfulness character and smile, and we will support her.</div>
<div>During the remaining time until her graduation, she will try her best more and more as a Morning Musume。’16. Please continue to support Morning Musume。’16 and Kanon Suzuki.</div>
<div>February 7th 2016 UP-FRONT PROMOTION Representative Director Takeshi Nishiguchi</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I, Kanon Suzuki, will graduate from Morning Musume。’16 and Hello! Project at the end of the Morning Musume。’16 Spring Tour.</div>
<div>After I became a member, 5 years have passed, I thought about lots of things since last year about the current version of me and about my future. During those 5 years, I have been able to meet many people as Morning Musume。, I had many experiences and I have learned many important things about living. I became a member of Morning Musume。 I admired since I was small, and I believe through our activities we made many people smiled with our songs and performances. I do not know how far those feelings reached everyone but I really tried my best at the fullest.</div>
<div>Since last year I seriously thought about my future, and since I was really small I thought "I want to help people" so from now on, what can I do? Every activities as Morning Musume。was meaningful and fun, and during one of them, the event "SATOYAMA movement", "SATOUMI movement", I have been in contact with people with a beautiful smile and I thought little by little it would be great if I can do the same work.</div>
<div>There are many forms of "Being helpful to people"... but from now on, I feel strongly that I want to help people in another way, I want to make people smile, I want to make them happy. For this first step, I decided "I want a work related to the welfare" to go towards to my dream.</div>
<div>For that reason, as a human I have to experience and study various things.</div>
<div>Not as "Kanon Suzuki from Morning Musume。", but as "Kanon Suzuki", in order to live this life, I have decided to graduate to fulfill my new dream.</div>
<div>I will continue Morning Musume。 activities to make those activies nourishe me, also to cherish the time as Morning Musume。 and to not forget the feeling of gratitude I receive from everyone.</div>
<div>Thank you for Morning Musume。'16 and for Kanon Suzuki.</div>
<div>February 7th 2016 Morning Musume。'16 Kanon Suzuki</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
<div>

</div>

Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Re: Zukki to graduate from MM'16 at the end of the spring tour.

Post by Mukuro »

I'm so sad I don't even have anymore words.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Aw crap we both posted this a minute apart. xD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm sad. She was my favorite 9ki and I hoped she'd be the last of that generation to leave. She definitely didn't reach her full potential, but she did at least get a single as center. I'm hope she's happy with her decision. I wonder if this means that the 61st single will be released sooner rather than later and if she gets anything special for it.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

At the moment, last concert is in May at the NHK Osaka Hall. Which is the smallest place in the world as far as concert halls go.

Meimi graduating from ANGERME at Budokan on the 30th. So if UF was planning on it and got the venue for the day they could either do it the same day or the day before. But it's very short notice regardless.

But I got side tracked. Considering they haven't released a single yet this year, I'm sure the 61st single will be released on the same schedule. Just now it will be Zukki's last. 

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

IT'S THE END OF AN ERA context, I mean that with Riho gone and Meimi going in May and now Zukki, only Rinapuu is left from the group of tigers (98ers) that joined in 2011.

I have to admit that this is the first time in MM that we've had someone give their goodbyes so cleanly to the entertainment business.  I didn't expect her to make center girl material and I have no idea if she would have made a good leader, but I guess we'll never know now.  :nono:

Getting a single in April is definitely feasible, though.  The 60th single promotions end in February.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
At the moment, last concert is in May at the NHK Osaka Hall. Which is the smallest place in the world as far as concert halls go.

Meimi graduating from ANGERME at Budokan on the 30th. So if UF was planning on it and got the venue for the day they could either do it the same day or the day before. But it's very short notice regardless.

But I got side tracked. Considering they haven't released a single yet this year, I'm sure the 61st single will be released on the same schedule. Just now it will be Zukki's last. 
[/quote]

I have to believe they will add Budokan dates at the end... It'd be more odd if they didn't have one Budokan concert during a tour. Wondering what sort of single it will be, especially since this is supposed to be a "new" MM without Riho already.

I'm not super surprised by the announcement, just saddened. I mean it makes sense since they're also doing 13th gen auditions. They can now afford to add 2 or so girls.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm not surprised, either, but I feel sad for all the Kanon fans here and elsewhere. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Well, that escalated quickly.

Can someone expand on or better translate what she means by "work related to the welfare"? Is she going into social work? I'm kind of surprised she isn't going to try to do variety work of some sort, but if her heart isn't in show biz anymore, then it makes sense. It seemed pretty clear that she was never gonna get her weight down to typical idol-standards and maintain it, and also that would be relegated to a supporting role unless she did. Still, five years is about the median run for MM members. She was my favorite of the 9th gen, and I'll miss her, but this could be good for the group if they add a couple of strong singers in the 13th gen.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She said 「福祉に関わるお仕事をしたい」 "I want to do work that is related to welfare" so 福祉, welfare; social welfare; social security; social service. So anything under that umbrella.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I feel like that sort of job is not one you hear about very often in Japan... It feels like they like to push the image of social work to the side a bit. So I was surprised as her choice in occupation. But I think it's admirable that she truly wants to help people, even after she's helped numerous people while being an idol (especially for overseas fans.) It's a job that fits her, for sure.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
 福祉, welfare; social welfare; social security; social service. So anything under that umbrella.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

That's astonishing, really.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Honestly, I thought she would have been the first to leave, even ahead of Riho. She never really seemed too happy for the last couple of years.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

To be very honest my first reaction when I heard the news was, "Thank Goodness", she'd been at the bottom of my list throughout her whole time in MM (now to be replaced by Ogata). But I'm always sad to see a girl go and I do like her still. I hope the best for her in the future!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
hoshi
Kenshuusei

Post by hoshi »

I'm not particularly shocked to hear this, but I'm very sad. It makes me happy to hear that she wants to go into the social services. She's got a great heart.

Bye, Zukki! :puppyeyes:
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I'm not jumping with joy at the news as with Koharu, but I'm definitely letting out a sigh of relief. It's been obvious for a while things weren't working out in a number of ways, so really the sooner the better, with no hard feelings meant. Good luck to her in another field, I suppose.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

I always liked her, so this is sad, but at the same time I am happy for her because she has a dream she wants to work for. It is great to hear that she aiming for work in the social services, that is important and can help so many people, and it seems like something that could suit her.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

So all this number thing is pointless, if members leave in the middle of the year.

I expected someone tp graduate at the end of the year.

She wasn't my favorite but it's still sad, especially with this rather short notice.

On the other side, I'm happy she knows what she wants to do, plus this being working with social services.
Campy <3 !
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="194973" data-time="1454828360">
Honestly, I thought she would have been the first to leave, even ahead of Riho. She never really seemed too happy for the last couple of years.</blockquote>

This. Zukki is my MM oshi but I'm like..if she's not happy why stay? Mizuki's been pushing for my oshi status anyway.

I do feel like she has mega mega potential that is now going to be totally wasted though. Like even if she used MM as a pathway to TV, girl was funny and entertaining.
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but what she wants to do instead is pretty cool and respectable. I feel like in a way she's moving onto something bigger and better even though she's leaving show business.

Edit: And apparently she said she wanted to go into social work all the way back in 2013, so I guess this isn't a super sudden decision. Maybe she wants to start college with the rest of people her age.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm literally devastated right now.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I would say this begins the mass exodus of 9 gen, but I still feel like Mizuki and Erina aren't going anywhere.

Its sad, but she hasn't really had my attention lately and she's hasn't seems happy. I think get to our of the idol biz Wil be good for her in the sense that she'll be less "bullied" for her weight and not really known as much as the chubby girl.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I woke up and saw someone on tumblr say something to the effect of 'I wish Riho and Kanon could have graudated together' and I thought '... okay, is there something I'm missing?' So I ran around and checked and now I'm actually crying because I'm so shocked.
I'm glad that it sounds like Zukki is going on to something she legitimately wants to do, but it still hurts. Now I feel like there's no point in going on being a fan since I'll have no straight up oshis in the group anymore.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

It doesn't matter if the graduating member is not one of my favorites, I think I'm going to gasp and be surprised everytime I see a graduation post  :lol:

Well I guess I'll keep tinking "Haruna's next" until she actually says she's leaving
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Derby"]
It doesn't matter if the graduating member is not one of my favorites, I think I'm going to gasp and be surprised everytime I see a graduation post  :lol:

Well I guess I'll keep tinking "Haruna's next" until she actually says she's leaving
[/quote]

Ha ha! Haruna and Erina are both gonna break Sayumi's longevity record. 
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="195003" data-time="1454910474"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="194998" data-time="1454891648">
Well I guess I'll keep thinking "Haruna's next" until she actually says she's leaving</blockquote>

Ha ha! Haruna and Erina are both gonna break Sayumi's longevity record. </blockquote>

Oh please, no !
Campy <3 !
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Awww, why couldn't it be Erina first? ;/
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="195003" data-time="1454910474">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="194998" data-time="1454891648">
Well I guess I'll keep thinking "Haruna's next" until she actually says she's leaving
</blockquote>

Ha ha! Haruna and Erina are both gonna break Sayumi's longevity record.</blockquote>

Oh please, no !

[/quote]

Much, much, much seconded.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm obviously really sad about this, now my second favorites in ANGERME and MM are leaving at the same time...BUT like I said with Meimi, I understand, and honestly having worked in the social work field I have nothing but the utmost respect for her.  Especially because, like TicTac said, social work isn't something I feel many people aspire to do in Japan.  But it is a MUCH NEEDED profession.  So I'll miss her but I'm glad she is leaving for the right reasons.

;_;
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzu"]
I'm obviously really sad about this, now my second favorites in ANGERME and MM are leaving at the same time...BUT like I said with Meimi, I understand, and honestly having worked in the social work field I have nothing but the utmost respect for her.  Especially because, like TicTac said, social work isn't something I feel many people aspire to do in Japan.  But it is a MUCH NEEDED profession.  So I'll miss her but I'm glad she is leaving for the right reasons.

;_;
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought of you when she mentioned wanting to do social work! I know how thankless a job it is in the US and I imagine it's probably even worse in Japan. I knew you'd be proud of her.

Also, you guys, I know people had reservations about Anime Matsuri but I'm REALLY glad I'm going now. I'm happy I'll get to see her in person before she's gone.
<p class="bbc_center">Image