UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by aisasami »

Mai Satoda gave birth to a baby boy yesterday (2/15) at 1:36 pm. The baby's weight is 3,360 grams or 7 lbs 4 oz.

Source
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

And a U.S. citizen to boot.

EDIT: Thanks to crazy translation, when I first saw something about this on Twitter I thought it was about Lehua Sandbo instead.

Translated from Japanese by Bing

[里田 the boy birth Mar you dad] field, Lieutenant-General major Mrs. sandbo birth no. 1 child boy in New York. Tanaka voluntary training in Tampa was also present. http://yahoo.jp/ph-Z_o
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Maki did a thing! Here she is in a magazine for new mothers. Also, it seemed to cause confusion on other sites but these are two different babies and are obviously not hers.

<p class="bbc_center">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

*raises hand* That was Me, I was the confused one on the other site *cough*Jplop*cough*. I didn't say it there, because I didn't want to start no drama. But looking at the babies they looked, not Japanese. And then I began to wonder, or to speculate if the guy Maki married was not Japanese, then I realized they were two different kids. Annnnd they are model babies.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah and if that second baby was hers then there's serious hormones in the water lol. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That second baby looks like it could give birth to Maki...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
*raises hand* That was Me, I was the confused one on the other site *cough*Jplop*cough*. I didn't say it there, because I didn't want to start no drama. But looking at the babies they looked, not Japanese. And then I began to wonder, or to speculate if the guy Maki married was not Japanese, then I realized they were two different kids. Annnnd they are model babies.
[/quote]

I noticed that too, they're distinctly white. 
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

If we're talking about babies, Nacchi is pregnant.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/176370
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="195215" data-time="1455681846">
That second baby looks like it could give birth to Maki...</blockquote>

It made me laugh, thanks.
Campy <3 !
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Hitomi went to space!

[spoiler2] :party:[/spoiler2]
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The Bakusute Sotokanda Icchome group that Tsunku founded got #4 on Music Satation's CD Single Ranking. I don't know how involved he still is but thought it was of note.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I've seen some reports that said he still is but not sure, although I guess since BSI news is here, it was mentioned there is going to be a unit comprised of 8 members from the group, a fixed selecton
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

He might be a silent partner in the group. Like backing the group financially but not really apart of the day to day activities.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The 10 Records That Changed Marty Friedman's Life

Aya Matsuura gets a mention, neatly sandwiched between Black Sabbath and The Ramones:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Aya Matsuura – T.W.O. (2003)

“When you’re an established musician, chances are your influences are pretty much set in stone. The artists who first inspired you made their way into your music, and you just branch off from there. But I got the same feeling from hearing Aya Matsurra as I did when listening to Kiss as a kid. It was like a new beginning for me.

“She has a lot of records that blew my mind, but T.W.O. is sort of like the Kiss Alive! of J-pop, so to speak. It’s not rock‘n’roll or metal or muso music at all – it’s pure pop – but in its own way, it’s completely over the top. The producer, Tsunku, is probably my favourite Japanese record maker. This album is a musical roller coaster. All kinds of things are popping up all the time; it takes wild curves right and left, totally unexpected. Your ears never get tired.

“This record got me very interested in Japanese music, and consequently, I moved to Japan. I recommend the album to anybody who wants to have their mind blown.”</blockquote>

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've heard Friedman mention Ayaya as his gateway drug into Jpop before, but it's always cool to see him give Tsunku some love, too. The complexity and diversity of Jpop appeals to a lot of metal guys, and I've tried explaining to my friends that this is why BABYMETAL works.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Ayaya is such a weird one for me.  She has a handful of iconic songs scattered across a discography that is 90% forgettable, yet is one of the only H!P idols I see jpop fans bring up as one of the greats.  I don't think I'll ever fully understand what caused her to be so popular because she was always the most boring one for me.  Talented, for sure, but boring.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="195352" data-time="1456439963">she was always the most boring one for me</blockquote>I know Aya and Nacchi look very vaguely alike, but come on. :lol:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="195352" data-time="1456439963">
she was always the most boring one for me
</blockquote>
I know Aya and Nacchi look very vaguely alike, but come on. :lol:

[/quote]

Ayaya is pretty much the perfect idol in my eyes. I always found her to be the most naturally engaging and funny member of H!P, and arguably their best singer ever. Regarding her catalog, I'd have a tough time finding an idol with ten singles collectively as strong as Aya's first ten. It get's spotty after that, but based on that run alone, her catalog is better than 90% of other idols to my mind.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Nacchi actually has one of my favorite discographies of H!P's solo artists LOL.  Maki's is my favorite but Nacchi's would be a strong second for me.  Ayaya has a few songs I like, but none that I love.  I really can't stand cutesy shit so Ayaya is just not for me.  The few songs from her I enjoy are the ones you guys probably dislike.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Aika showed up at the HP fan party in Houston. That's pretty damn classy!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Kago Ai now has an Ameba Blog.
[/quote]

And she has officially left Girl's Beat, three weeks before the release of their debut album. Whatever, Aibon...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yossie's having a baby! She's due late summer.

http://s.ameblo.jp/hitomi-yoshizawa0412/entry-12138669352.html
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="195012" data-time="1454946254">Chapter's 1-3 of Tsunku's book have been translated for those interested:

http://kumomi.org/translations/2015/09/13/tsunku-dakara-ikiru-prologue-a-new-step-2015-4/
http://kumomi.org/translations/2015/09/20/tsunku♂-dakara-ikiru-chapter-one-my-final-stage-2013-8-2014-2/
http://kumomi.org/translations/2015/09/27/tsunku♂-dakara-ikiru-chapter-two-an-endless-nightmare-2014-2-2014-10/
http://kumomi.org/translations/2016/01/08/tsunku♂-dakara-ikiru-chapter-three-immersed-in-work-1992-2006/

Chapter 3 is when he starts discussing his career and producing for H!P if you're not sure you can handle the depressing medical stuff. I especially love reading about Tsunku's work process and all of that so it was really great.

What's really interesting is he talks about around 4th and 5th gen being the time that he stopped doing literally every single thing for MM and it sounds like up to 4th gen, he was the only person picking out the members. He started getting a committee from 5th gen on.</blockquote>I read the prologue when he first translated it, but saved the rest to read together in proper book form, which I've now done. It's pretty interesting, and Tsunku does show off his own flaws--like he comes across as a bit of creep in meeting his wife, and someone who'd be a tough boss expecting his employees to put work first as much as he does.

I was pleasantly surprised to run across an "RIP Iwata" paragraph near the end.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kikkawa is releasing her 10th single on June 1st. No title or previews yet. It comes 13 months after her last single and 8 months after her last release which was an album.

Looking at her generasia page shows me it's been five years since she debuted. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. Maybe it's the lack of releases.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Anderei"]
Kikkawa is releasing her 10th single on June 1st. No title or previews yet. It comes 13 months after her last single and 8 months after her last release which was an album.

Looking at her generasia page shows me it's been five years since she debuted. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. Maybe it's the lack of releases.
[/quote]

Does she tour a lot (like Lovendor) ? Because if so, it may explain her lack of releases.

Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not really. Even if she did, it doesn't stop other groups from releasing regularly.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Too bad she's "underused" then, hope she's studying when having no idol-related things to do.
Campy <3 !
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

New Up Up girls pv. Looks like a MM OG or two appears?

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/iQ6qM5OAr70' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/iQ6qM5OAr70</a>
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

well that was different. UUG usually gets fun MVs, but I wasn't expecting anything like that.
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Myst"]
New Up Up girls pv. Looks like a MM OG or two appears?

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/iQ6qM5OAr70" title="External link">https://youtu.be/iQ6qM5OAr70</a>
<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="196192" data-time="1459361904">
<div>
well that was different. UUG usually gets fun MVs, but I wasn't expecting anything like that.
[/quote]
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>

I know! It was hilarious though :lol: Watching the video on my computer, I'm not really sure the 2 OG's I thought are actually in it. The girl in red flannel I saw mentioned as possibly Kamei, and the girl with a white blouse next to her looked like Sayu. Close-up's of them don't look quite as much like the two to me (there's only 1 or 2). The noses look different.