MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - EAST/NORTH REGIONS ROUND 2

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - EAST/NORTH REGIONS ROUND 2

Post by JPope »

<div>From Yokohama Arena and Sapporo Dome, it's Round 2 of the MM-BBS MARCH MUSUME MADNESS! For the bracket and more info, check the info thread.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the song in each match-up that you want to see move on to the Third Round! </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The match-ups 1-4 represent the East Region, match-ups 5-8 represent the North Region.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Voting will be opened for THREE DAYS ONLY! After that, it's on to the 2nd Round!</div>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - EAST/NORTH REGIONS ROUND 2

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Help Me!! VS Egao no Kimi
</blockquote>

There's something horribly horribly wrong with 4 of you.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]

</blockquote>

[/quote]

Which 4, lol?
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Who the heck actually likes this song? Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!
It beat out Toko no sora blah blah and that was too much for me to handle, but right now it actually has a chance against Wagamama ki no mama? Explain please.  :facepalm:
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="195885" data-time="1458501445">
<div>

</blockquote>

[/quote]

Which 4, lol?

</div>
</blockquote>

That was when Help Me was at 3 and Egao no Kimi was at 4, but I see Help Me is winning now so my hope is restored.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

People pretend they like Egao because of the MV.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="195887" data-time="1458504705">
Who the heck actually likes this song? Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!

It beat out Toko no sora blah blah and that was too much for me to handle, but right now it actually has a chance against Wagamama ki no mama? Explain please. :facepalm:</blockquote>

I like it! It's also got that Sayu/Reina led b-side that people loved.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm surprised that I WISH is losing to Koko ni Iruzee. Both are good songs, but I wish has the nostalgia factor that people love.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]
I'm surprised that I WISH is losing to Koko ni Iruzee. Both are good songs, but I wish has the nostalgia factor that people love.

[/quote]

And on the opposite side of that, RR21 is probably gonna lose to Memory Seishun no Hikari. Everything that I thought I knew has been called into question. 
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I personally find it hard to judge the popular songs. The Peace is a good song, but overplayed and therefore annoying.
RR21 is in a very similar boat too. :sad: Memory I think has stood the test of time much better.

On the other end of the spectrum is Love Machine. Listening to it one more in my life time is one time too many. :lol:
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="strawberryjam"]
I personally find it hard to judge the popular songs. The Peace is a good song, but overplayed and therefore annoying.

RR21 is in a very similar boat too. :sad: Memory I think has stood the test of time much better.
[/quote]

Seconding this.

Which leads me to wonder if relatively slow paced songs stand the test of the time better than upbeat ones (sorry, found no other satisfaying way to phrase it ^^').

Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Half the fun of the NCAA tournament is seeing the powerful teams get upset. Unless you're a fan of one of those teams (looking at you MSU Spartans).
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

All of my votes went for the winning song wow. So sad I can't see Wakuteka here </3
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="strawberryjam"]
Who the heck actually likes this song? Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!

It beat out Toko no sora blah blah and that was too much for me to handle, but right now it actually has a chance against Wagamama ki no mama? Explain please.  :facepalm:
[/quote]

I actually really really like the song.... Both the A-side and B-side :)
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="195886" data-time="1458504428">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="195885" data-time="1458501445">
<div>

</blockquote>

[/quote]

Which 4, lol?

</div>
</blockquote>

That was when Help Me was at 3 and Egao no Kimi was at 4, but I see Help Me is winning now so my hope is restored.

</div>
</blockquote>

I really want to like Help me!!, but fuck the chorus is so screechy, I can't listen to it. I think I must be the only person who can hear it, but it's like someone was off key and everyone's voices were way too high to make it sound balanced and pleasant to listen to.

I can't explain it, but it's why I still can't listen to that song. And I just loved Egao, so there's that.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The chorus lines are split half and half. One half does two and the other half the other two and all of the terrible voices were put into a group together lol.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="strawberryjam"]

[/quote]

I think we're safe now.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="195909" data-time="1458522811">
I really want to like Help me!!, but fuck the chorus is so screechy, I can't listen to it. I think I must be the only person who can hear it, but it's like someone was off key and everyone's voices were way too high to make it sound balanced and pleasant to listen to.

I can't explain it, but it's why I still can't listen to that song. And I just loved Egao, so there's that.
</blockquote>

I don't have a big opinion on Help Me but since my favorite song is one of the B sides it wins as a single.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Anderei"]
The chorus lines are split half and half. One half does two and the other half the other two and all of the terrible voices were put into a group together lol.
[/quote]

I noticed this too in the past XD the most inestable voices were put together in the same group; ikuta, haruna, riho, sayumi, masaki...
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="195889" data-time="1458507761">
People pretend they like Egao because of the MV.
</blockquote>

I was about to say "Egao yes nude" is a shit song, but then I realized this is a different Egao and it's the wrong thread.

Anyway, Egao yes nude is shit.  :pirate:
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="195913" data-time="1458533386"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="195909" data-time="1458522811">

I can't explain it, but it's why I still can't listen to that song. And I just loved Egao, so there's that.</blockquote>

I don't have a big opinion on Help Me but since my favorite song is one of the B sides it wins as a single.</blockquote>

Oh, got ya. Yeah, I'm not really considering B-sides since I don't tend to listen to them, so I guess my votes are all based on how much I liked the A-sides.

And if I can't remember what the A-sides sounded like after a few seconds trying, I figure I must not have liked it much anyway, and vote against it, lol.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I pit the A-sides together, and if they're equal then I look at B-sides. Or if I like a B-side more than the A-side I start there, haha.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="strawberryjam"]

On the other end of the spectrum is Love Machine. Listening to it one more in my life time is one time too many. :lol:
[/quote]

I'm telling you, Renai Revolution 21 is the best MM of all time.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Voting is now closed.

I have to fix the bracket I made last night, because I Wish came back to secure the higher-seed tie, and moves on.