[2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Mukuro
ANGERME

Re: [2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Post by Mukuro »

I feel like every single they're trying to recreate Toki wo but honestly each one is getting worse..
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
These are the outfits for The Vision:

[/quote]

These are 10x cuter than Tokyo, lol... These I like!
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

The Vision was strong, but then the chorus killed it. :( Outfits are cute though.

Kinda hoped Utakata would be a Kanon solo but given its tracklist placement on the new single page it doesn't look likely... shame, I feel like that would've been hella cute.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I think they are done with solos for girls who are graduating at least until  till another girls stays in the group for 10 years of their LIFE. Its the first time I've thought about that and God that's a long time to be doing this.

Made by Haru!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKo ... olBE9UQ9Q0' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKo ... E9UQ9Q0</a>

Tokyo MV after the introduction. All the solo lines sound like garbage and the girls didn't even sound like themselves (Haruka and Sakura especially. Mizuki's are the only ones that sound good.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

This feels like a new low to me. At least Seishun Collection had nice outside shots (and the singing was ok).
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

All the girls themselves look great in the close-ups--they're beautiful! But this sucks lololol. I'm wondering if because it's the H!S there will be something "extra" in the music video (similar to Chotto Guchoku). But hooooolllly shit. This is bad.

The live sounded better of the two, imo.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I can't express the level of horrendous-ness, I'm laughing.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I truly can't even acknowledge this as a single.
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]
I truly can't even acknowledge this as a single.
[/quote]

That's how I'm feeling at the moment. Not even Sayashi's on-screen persona could save this song in particular.

I don't understand how we went from Sukatto/Oh My Wish and Tsumetai/Endless Sky to....... this.

I also don't understand why management thought this was the best of the 3 songs to start revealing the single with, lol.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because they know most people are gonna buy it anyway so it doesn't matter lol
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Surprisingly I don't hate the song as much. The lyrics are definitely a hot mess, but the instrumental is catchy enough. The MV is quality is bad. They clearly had them filming in the studio and even acknowledged that with camera shots at the beginning. None of the girls seem to sound terrible, but at the same time its hard to tell. 12th gen are still as useless as ever.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think the song is pretty good, I just don't think the chorus measures up to the rest of it. After a few more listens, I now understand why they resolve the chorus on the major key -- to set up the main riff that follows it -- but it still feels awkward to me in the context of the rest of the song.

I agree that everyone sounds like crap on this, although I don't see where Mizuki gets a pass. Her "Crazy beat" line is fine (and processed all to hell), but her solo line is just as bad as everyone else's, IMO. The outfits would honestly be okay if it weren't for the pink and blue lamé panels, as those are what really makes them look super cheap. The dance is still wack as fuck.

The video is a parade of laziness when compared to ANGERME's Tsugitsugi and all three of C-ute's new clips. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She at least sounds like herself. I never would have guessed the other girls were even themselves.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

... /shrugs???

It's not the absolute best thing they've ever done but I don't think it's that terrible? I don't like the setting of the MV because it basically screams 'you thought we couldn't get any cheaper than our previous MVs? fucking WATCH US, man' but I did like some of the closeups. Whatever.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Aaaaaaand we have the covers

Lim A
Reg A
Lim B
Reg B
Lim C
Reg C

At least Zukki got to be the center in the lim and reg A covers
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I don't know why I kind of like the first one  :lol:
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Nice subtle designs. Not at all garish and difficult to look at.  :facepalm:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

These are all actually way better than I expected. I'm guessing Kanon is center or at least up front for Utakata based on these.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I find it hilarious that she goes straight back to back row end on the other ones.

But both A's look like something AKB would do (in a good way), the rest just look like the usual shit.
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Lim A is ok. Rest is just a group shot with a background. I could do that in photoshop in 5 minutes. H!P, I mean it, I'd do it for free.

Also, is The Vision the second coming of TokiSora? The backgrounds on the B covers look like straight out of that MV.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like Limited B. The other ones look okay.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Also, is The Vision the second coming of TokiSora? The backgrounds on the B covers look like straight out of that MV.
[/quote]

What Ryan and I were saying on personal chat, this. Reg A is the worst of the whole lot, though.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I really can't decide if I like or hate the costumes for Utakata. XD I still really love the ones for Tokyo though.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The outfits of utakata kind of remind me of those from ChaCha Sing so I think I like everything from Lim. A
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

While they might look different on stage, the Utakata costumes are quite nice imo. The colors/design have a really nice overall balance that would've been easy to mess up.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Full radio rip of The Vision.

It's not horrible, I'm still disappointed with the chorus though.
What's with it that MM gets shitty choruses lately?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Full radio rip of The Vision.

It's not horrible, I'm still disappointed with the chorus though.
What's with it that MM gets shitty choruses lately?
[/quote]

Pretty much my take, as well. The song is really good, until the chorus comes in to kill the vibe. It just sounds like it belongs to a different song. The intro and verse are outstanding, though. There's a definite "Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe" feel here.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

The full PV of Tokyo is out and it is such a mess...

https://youtu.be/-Hu2tn-Ylgo