Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

star
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by star »

I'm currently trying to decide which merch bundle I should pre-order for the new Asking Alexandria album.
The one I'm leaning towards. The one with the shirt that I like almost as much as the other one.
At this point I might just order both and re-sell the second poster and CD if the shirts don't pop up individually.

EDIT: Also still trying to find myself in theI Won't Give In mv since it was filmed at the various Warped Tours and I have spotted footage from my Warped Tour.
EDIT 2: This got me pumped for Warped Tour already. Only 6 months and I can go back to those glorious 12 hours of paradise.
Last edited by star on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

GEM is finally releasing their debut album in March. And there's of course a new video to go with it: http://youtu.be/Fv_dIPjcgyk

I wish I could still afford CDs. :'(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ The video is actually for a single that's being released the same day. It's the last single to feature Takeda Maaya before she takes a hiatus to go to LA to study dance (hence the red theme of it)
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ Thank you! I haven't been keeping up with iDOL Street very well lately so I didn't even know she was leaving.

So a girl with a red member color goes to study dance abroad... I feel like I've heard this before... ;)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<div> </div>
<div>7☆3 has two new MVs. 
Koi wo Shou MV

Sakura graduation MV
</div>

Last edited by Elpis on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Although their chart ceases to exist as of recently, Soundscan released their yearly report for 2015 a few weeks ago:

http://aramajapan.com/news/soundscan-releases-its-2015-year-end-report/54160/

Probably the most surprising thing for most would be that AKB is nowhere to be found on their top selling singles and album lists.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So apparently, every musical act other than Arashi could disband, and the Japanese public would pretty much be cool with it.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, like Oricon, Soundscan is physical only. So it paints a more honest picture, but not all of it.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Wa-suta released their first music video: "Ultra Miracle-kuru Ultimate Choco Beam", a pretty nonsensical song (w/ English subs) about an RPG where cats (?) defeat a Triceratops. And I absolutely love it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Choco Beam is not working!"
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The music video is pretty awesome. It beats the latest GEM and cheeky parade one by far.
Formerly Mizura
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Australian pop-punk band Tonight Alive released their third album Limitless today. Some promoted tracks:

1. To Be Free
3. Human Interaction
4. Drive
5. How Does It Feel?

They've certainly changed their style a bit, particularly since their harder sounding debut.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Wa-Suta is the most idolish group ever in Idol street at the moment, from their lyrics down to the group image. They released a MV for their Music Card singleInu Neko Seishun Masakari 
Formerly Mizura
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Idol Renaissance recently released a their first album! They named it "our songs" in honor of the the artists that have allowed them to cover their songs.
Their headliner song is Besten Dank ("Thank you very much" in German). It includes songs like "Still Love Her", "Time Travel" (from their first Music Card single) and "Galileo no Showcase" (from their second music card single).

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Anyone familiar with BAND-MAID? An all-girl rock band with a maid cafe theme, apparently because the founder/rhythm-guitarist/vocalist Kobato Miku used to work in one. Oh, she also plays a fucking Rickenbacker 610 and is so into the ponies that she tweets and blogs about the races she bets on. I want to party with her.

Anyway, their style is fairly conventional melodic J-Rock, but they're really talented musicians. The drummer and lead guitarist really stand out, but there are no weak links. My first impression of them was, this is what I wanted LovendoR to be. Actually, "Coward' is better than anything I've heard from BAND-MAID, so there's that.

Here's their YT page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJToUvYrmkmTCR-bluEaQfA

And a really good fan page: http://www.bandmaidfanscafe.net/

Who here is old enough to remember fan pages?  :D/
Last edited by JPope on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I've listened to them a bit off and on. I do like a lot of their songs though.
Formerly Mizura
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Little Glee Monster released a new MV. You need a proxy to watch it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1p2awo3TXU
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]
Little Glee Monster released a new MV. You need a proxy to watch it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1p2awo3TXU
[/quote]

Kind of a disappointment after "Chiisana Koi ga, Owatta". 
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Maria announced their 3rd single Teppen Girl, which looks fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jRukhZrDA

Idol Renaissance released a surprise music video for one of the songs on their album "Our Songs", Still Love Her (which happened to be my favorite)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaLXzlUCXKs
There has been a few complaints recently about Idol Renaissance's music videos, since the recent few have been very similar. I didn't really have an issue up until now, but this music video was a bit much. It was exactly like Funny Bunny and Besten Dank and worst of all, they aren't even in white. Again, as per usual, everything is pretty, but they could have put a bit more work in this. 

Last edited by GaleKakumei on Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I'm currently trying to decide if it's worth it to go to a 5 Seconds of Summer concert just to see ONE OK ROCK open for them. I'm really trying to save my money but I also REALLY want to see them live and I'm afraid if I don't do it now I will never get the opportunity again. But to pay full price for a show when I don't even care about the headliner seems silly. :/
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I'm currently trying to decide if it's worth it to go to a 5 Seconds of Summer concert just to see ONE OK ROCK open for them. I'm really trying to save my money but I also REALLY want to see them live and I'm afraid if I don't do it now I will never get the opportunity again. But to pay full price for a show when I don't even care about the headliner seems silly. :/
[/quote]

I've done that several times in my life, and my advice is, if you really like the band, do it. There are so many bands that I kick myself for having passed on seeing because I thought I'd have multiple chances to see them in the future, only to see them break up or never make it back around to my area (The Smiths being the one that still kills me to this day, 30+ years later). Unless the thickets cost an absurd amount of money, you'll figure out a way to get by, and you'll always have the memory of the show. The money will be forgotten in a couple of months.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I decided I have to go to this. Malice Mizer :cryalot:
CjhbGBvUoAAoEJ-.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Seems like they really are going all out with the Malice Mizer thing. :lol:

This is exciting, I thought I'd never see the day of a comeback on such a scale.
malice mizer dsv.jpg

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="197686" data-time="1464457828">I've done that several times in my life, and my advice is, if you really like the band, do it. There are so many bands that I kick myself for having passed on seeing because I thought I'd have multiple chances to see them in the future, only to see them break up or never make it back around to my area (The Smiths being the one that still kills me to this day, 30+ years later). Unless the thickets cost an absurd amount of money, you'll figure out a way to get by, and you'll always have the memory of the show. The money will be forgotten in a couple of months.</blockquote>What he said.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aine on Mon May 30, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I want to see Malice Mizer :(

I went to a festival thing last year just to see 45 minutes of Panic at the Disco so I say you should go for it!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="197682" data-time="1464418458">
<div>
[/quote]

I've done that several times in my life, and my advice is, if you really like the band, do it. There are so many bands that I kick myself for having passed on seeing because I thought I'd have multiple chances to see them in the future, only to see them break up or never make it back around to my area (The Smiths being the one that still kills me to this day, 30+ years later). Unless the thickets cost an absurd amount of money, you'll figure out a way to get by, and you'll always have the memory of the show. The money will be forgotten in a couple of months.

</div>
</blockquote>

That's good advice, thanks. I think that's what I was really feeling but I need someone else to confirm it for me lol.

Now the trick is finding someone who will go with me...
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Puggy recently released their new album "Colours"
I am a visual person, so the cover art alone sold me (don't get me started on their adorable suits), so I bought a copy and am now trying to get the vinyl. 

Spoiler: [+]
Unfortunately, I almost skipped out because I didn't really love Lonely Town. Their last album, To Win The World, was amazing. Every song was just perfect and so well composed. This on the other hand was a bit... dull? Despite it being called colours. I expected a bit more of their funk from the last able and a lot louder songs like "Goes Like This" and "Love that Feeling". A few songs had really repetitive, boring lyrics, "Feel So Low" and "Fight Like You're Fighting" in particular, despite having a beautiful composition. On another note a few were good enough to make up for it. The interesting thing is that they had a song called "Soul" that was really good. Very commercial and honestly just seemed like the song they should have lead with since it fits the album perfectly. The other songs were pretty good, a bit brighter than usual and a lot less cynical than usual. It feels like they are changing their musical direction a bit and I am totally up for the ride. 
All this being said, overall, it wasn't bad at all. I would still suggest it for a listen,
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

DJ Wasei has some really great electro mixes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdSf_mwGFw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJli0BsZ6oQ

Plus, the view is often pretty cool.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I did a double take on seeing that the idol group Kananan's sister is in also includes a Fujimoto Miki.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

What happens when your lead singer is busy auditioning million of girls to become the new lead singer for your band but, in fact, is forming an idol group that would become historic? Simple. Just make another band. SUPER!?TENSiONS was an off-shoot of SharamQ with TAISEI, Shu, and MAKOTO as the members. They were active from 1997 to 1998, releasing three singles. This is their third and last single, Minor change, which I just recently obtained through an Yahoo Auction 8cm single lot.

Has anyone else heard of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1rl-MLnylw
Last edited by aisasami on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I haven't, but I like that. Sharam Q is weird, in that I seem to prefer what they don't do with all 4 or 5 of them.