How Would You Help 12th Gen?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: How Would You Help 12th Gen?

Post by DonJuan »

I think they chose Ogata because she's not as reserved as Miki or Akane. She's cooled down since she's been added to the group, but I guess without her you'd have the Sayu-Baseball-crazy crybaby Maria and two cardboards.
She kind of also gets the best out of Miki, entertainment-wise.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Basically, they kind of did what they did with Platinum. They didn't add new girls for three years, and then when almost half of their members leave they quick add eight!! Here, it's similar. They had Ai and Reina, then out of the new girls they groomed Riho to be the new Ai / main girl. Then Reina left. They had the latter half of 2013, all of 2014, and all of 2015. But they didn't groom anyone to come next. This is on the fault of two parties; Riho didn't stay as long as promised so they believed they had longer. But UFP should have already begun that, like in the Golden era. They've become used to a new pattern and it isn't a good one.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
This is on the fault of two parties; Riho didn't stay as long as promised so they believed they had longer. But UFP should have already begun that, like in the Golden era. They've become used to a new pattern and it isn't a good one.
[/quote]

I agree with the second part, but not the first. It's kind of hard to fault Riho for wanting to move on after five years, which is an average tenure for MM members.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="198025" data-time="1465511460">
<div>
This is on the fault of two parties; Riho didn't stay as long as promised so they believed they had longer. But UFP should have already begun that, like in the Golden era. They've become used to a new pattern and it isn't a good one.
[/quote]

I agree with the second part, but not the first. It's kind of hard to fault Riho for wanting to move on after five years, which is an average tenure for MM members.

</div>
</blockquote>

Riho said she wanted to stay until she was about 20 or so.... Sooo I can definitely understand the first point lol. She's said she wanted to stay for much longer, but I guess she just couldn't be honest with everyone.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="198025" data-time="1465511460">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't really blame her (How could I ever?), as she of course had the right to leave -- she stayed an average amount of time, she accomplished more than she should have been made to, etc. It isn't her fault, she just lulled UFP into a sense of security by saying she would stay two more years. But the second point is the main one.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah, the way Riho left was more like "get me out of here!" and very rushed. She looked more unhappy with every single. If she had been happy where she was, I think she would have stuck around a bit longer. Plus she didn't always fit in with the other members. You can tell when you watch the DVD's and from the comments she's said, like how she said she finally felt normal when talking to Ayumi after like 4 years.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="198044" data-time="1465587635">
<div>

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Riho said she wanted to stay until she was about 20 or so.... Sooo I can definitely understand the first point lol. She's said she wanted to stay for much longer, but I guess she just couldn't be honest with everyone.

</div>
</blockquote>

Fair enough, but saying you want to stay a certain length of time is not the same as promising to stay a certain length of time, especially for a teenager who's going to change more in those few years than at any other time in her life. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This week featured Makino and Haga's voice training... I'm guessing next week is Ogata and Nonaka. Thoughts?

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha! They're singing it almost a full half-step lower without the music than with it.

Maria sounds like she just might become a serviceable singer. Haga, not so much.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mugi" data-cid="197999" data-time="1465452328"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="197994" data-time="1465418051">
I'm on an old H!P song kick right now, and I wish that the current girls of MM could harmonize... And make some songs with it. Amazing songs like "Yume no Naka" are never going to be performed by or made for them again...</blockquote>
:crying: Don't say that. There's always a chance... in the future. That's one of my favorite Morning Musume songs ever.</blockquote>
I remember thinking this with Platinum Era and then bam, they started doing older songs and harmonizing all over the place. Not that the group is up to the same caliber, but it could still happen.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

In my 10ish years of following idols, I don't think I've ever missed one as much as Eri.  I would've loved to have seen an Eri-led Momusu.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Ha ha! They're singing it almost a full half-step lower without the music than with it.

Maria sounds like she just might become a serviceable singer. Haga, not so much.
[/quote]

Well don't forget, she didn't sound too bad in her birthday event preview.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="198522" data-time="1467346450"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJwVqu6fYs' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJwVqu6fYs</a>

Eriiiiiii ;_;</blockquote>
This is the exact performance (and tour in general) I was thinking of in regards to my previous post. Such a great performance! Really showed Eri and Reina can kick ass
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="198503" data-time="1467263727">
<div>

[/quote]

Well don't forget, she didn't sound too bad in her birthday event preview.

</div>
</blockquote>

To be honest, this is probably the worst I've ever heard her singing.