Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by DonJuan »

Lately I've been wondering why I wouldn't mind like half of MM graduating. I think it's because at some point, you're just done with the group. 

To me H!P is a place where you can develop. As soon as you've reached the maximum of your abilities it's time for you to go. That's why Elder Club was a great idea actually, they were different. Elder Club was for nostalgia, Wonderful Hearts was that H!P experience of being a project, a workshop. I don't mean that you should stop being an idol at some point because you're done developing - I still enjoy old H!P members in game shows and I love the Elder Club nostalgia just as much as the next person - but especially since H!P seems to want to express a feeling of freshness - at least that's what they say every time a new generation joins or a new group debuts - they are done. 

I was feeling great when Sayumi graduated. Not because I disliked her, on the contrary, I came to respect her a lot in the last few years. But I was happy because she reached everything she could have done in H!P. She was the most popular member among both wota and general public. She was a TV personality, she had her own radio show. She had a personal book, not only a photobook. She came from a (somewhat) backrow member to the front and center. Despite her being the worst singer of all times, she got not only one, but <i>several</i> solo songs. And then she decided that her career as an idol was finished. This just boosted my respect for her into eternity.

Same for Berryz. They realized they had other dreams, and maybe the last few years have showed them that their time was over. To decide to graduate (go on hiatus) as a group impressed me.

Now, with current H!P members the ones that could graduate without me crying over them would be °C-ute and, as mentioned, like half of MM. Interestingly Dawa and Momoko, two of the older members, don't strike me that way. Momoko is a legend on her own and I feel that once she decides to graduate from H!P I will feel the same for her as I did for Sayumi. Dawa definitely got better in terms of performance, but she also grew so much as a person that it's really interesting to watch her, especially not on stage. Granted that's got nothing to do with H!P but I enjoy watching her.

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I agree completely. I wouldn't mind a mass graduation of older MM members. Mizuki, Haruna, Ayumi, and Ikuta. They can all leave. I hope 13ki is big so we can have this happen.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="199351" data-time="1470482759">

</blockquote>

The DVD magazines usually have a done of the recordings that never make it to the DVD. I love finding them, though I've never bought them. xD

[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly, and that's exactly why I get them.  DM 83 had a lot of really nice performances from the PRISM tour - I didn't expect that many setlist changes.

It's clear that UF knows this and has accordingly increased from releasing 2-a-concert to a whopping 5 in a run, although they've now gone a step further and made some pre-order only so it's the only way I can get my hands on a copy of a 12th gen quiz show or Countdown 2015 footage.
-----
From a marketing standpoint, my heart would stop if all 4 of the Drunken Old Farts older members went on mass graduation.  Losing Mizuki & Ayumi would wipe out a sizable portion of the member goods' earnings, and Maria just isn't there yet (although guys, she just got a photobook).  Haruna & Eripon will be ready for the elbow once 12th gen (and if 13th gen) break out of the sempai/kouhai dynamics.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>I would agree about MM if the graduated members with talent had been replaced with other talented girls, but sadly that's not been the case. MM needs to hold on to as much of their talent for as long as possible until they can find suitable replacements, or until they simply reach the end of the road a la Sayumi.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>C-ute is completely different. They're not built around the concept of constantly changing members, and they've never been more popular. I would also suggest that they've never been better, but obviously that's subjective. I can't think of a single reason for them to stop recording and performing now. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I also disagree with your concept of H!P as only being a place to develop talent. While that is certainly one of the things that they do, their main function is to sell product, and cutting talent loose at the peak of their abilities would seem counter-productive toward that end.</div>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
^I mentioned that already though. DVD Mag 55. (If anyone wanted to check it out.)

The DVD magazines usually have a done of the recordings that never make it to the DVD. I love finding them, though I've never bought them. xD
[/quote]

I'm sorry! I misunderstood your statement the first time.  :hahaha:

[quote="kitaoji"]
I agree wholeheartedly, and that's exactly why I get them.  DM 83 had a lot of really nice performances from the PRISM tour - I didn't expect that many setlist changes.

It's clear that UF knows this and has accordingly increased from releasing 2-a-concert to a whopping 5 in a run, although they've now gone a step further and made some pre-order only so it's the only way I can get my hands on a copy of a 12th gen quiz show or Countdown 2015 footage.
-----
From a marketing standpoint, my heart would stop if all 4 of the Drunken Old Farts older members went on mass graduation.  Losing Mizuki & Ayumi would wipe out a sizable portion of the member goods' earnings, and Maria just isn't there yet (although guys, she just got a photobook).  Haruna & Eripon will be ready for the elbow once 12th gen (and if 13th gen) break out of the sempai/kouhai dynamics.

[/quote]

First bold - How much Riho? 

Regarding Maria news, Ares got what he wanted.  :headwall:
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

That pretty much sums up my feelings about MM. For a while, I thought it had something to do with the songs, but it seems to be more than that. The group feels stagnant at this point and I just don't care much for the members. im fine with graduations. Riho and Kanon are gone now so I don't really care much about the group.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Don't get me wrong, I don't want °C-ute out. There are several reasons why they're still in H!P. They're at their top, they're popular, especially with (university student) women, and on top of that, they're selling really well. ANGERME stepped up too, but UF definitely doesn't want to get rid of °C-ute any time soon, especially since they are one of the only two groups that can make money even with disappointing songs due to their strong fanbase (the other being, of course, MM). It's also good to have experienced members in H!P. It's just that I wouldn't care if they said "nah we're done at the end of the year" tomorrow.

About MM, well, yeah. Talented members are a must, and I do hope we will get them in the next generation. Also what kitaoji said, Mizuki and Ayumi are way too popular to just kick them out. But otherwise, if it wasn't for singing we wouldn't need Mizuki. The other 3 older members all pretty much suck singing wise, and since they don't do anything besides performing at the moment Ikuta's and Haruna's talents are pretty much useless (Ayumi rocks the stage at least). However I'm already so tired of Mizuki whining herself through concerts I honestly wouldn't miss her. At. All.

[quote="JPope"]I also disagree with your concept of H!P as only being a place to develop talent. While that is certainly one of the things that they do, their main function is to sell product, and cutting talent loose at the peak of their abilities would seem counter-productive toward that end.[/quote]

About this, yeah, good point. H!P also has a history of dragging people along who were just way past their best (Berryz, some Platinum Era members). I just think that they get boring really soon after their peak. Good for me that they just created new groups last year.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

<div>Thea:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Here's the list of songs in DM83.  They're all group songs so it's not worth it from a Riho!Only-perspective.  But I'm a sucker for all these other performances, and so much 12th gen! in the background! in dancing! that makes me happy.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>(Really, I feel sometimes like the lonely 12th gen supporter around here.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki</div>
<div>Kanashiki Koi no Melody</div>
<div>Wararenai Hanashi</div>
<div>Aisaresugiru Koto wa Nai no yo</div>
<div>Kono Chikyuu (Mizuki, Ayumi, Sakura, Erina, Akane, Haachin, Haruna) </div>
<div>Wakuteka</div>
<div>Seishun Kozou</div>
<div>Watashi no Nannimo Wakkachanai</div>
<div>Kono Chikyuu (Riho, Kanon, Masaki, Duu, Maria, Miki)</div>
<div>HELP ME</div>
<div>Brainstorming</div>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you! I agree, I don't think I'll bother, but I really appreciate the info!

Riho!Only is my new motto, I love it.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

A cute little crafts something exhibited in Akiba Hellopro Store currently:

IMG_20160808_144622~2.jpg

Also, Tamura Meimi's photos are now 200 yen each in the 2nd hand stores. In May last year they were all in the lowest tier 50 yen category. :geof:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Random fact I ran across recently. Old H!P arranger Watanabe Cher (Koi wo Shichaimashita!, LOVE Namida Iro) is also known as WATA-BOO as keyboardist for DANCE☆MAN & THE BANDMAN. Not sure if he still does that; haven't seen any of the detailed credits for recent DANCE☆MAN songs.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Another Hina-fest video. Taguchi Natsumi, Inoue Rei, Nomura Minami, Niinuma Kisora, and Kamikokuryo Moe doing Miki's Aenai Nagai Nichiyobi.

Rei, Minami and Moe all did a really good job, imo.

Edit: a few more

Ogawa Rena performing Berryz' Sakura Nyuugakushiki.

F. Mizuki doing Berryz' Yo no Naka Barairo

Juice=Juice performing Ai no Diving

C-ute - Roman My Dear Boy

Juice=Juice are so boring. I can barely make it through any of their videos anymore. Also, I feel bad for Mai, because in addition to sounding awful as she always does these days, her voice cracked in her first line in Roman.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

How long do we have to wait for a Kobushi Factory album?

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Probably another three singles. Juice=Juice got theirs six singles and two years in.

I don't think they consider albums worth the time they used to. They don't sell well and the singles have so much music on them now that a year of those is an album's worth of material.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Also CG still doesn't have one and they came along first. And ANGERME and MM haven't had new ones in a while either.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Add on all those tour-only performed songs from most of the groups right now...H!P is definitely being a little strange.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I have to buy all the friggin' three-song singles in order to compile a full album from any of these groups now?

JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

If you ignore the infrequency, it's easier to get by with only albums now since there aren't B-sides found only on the singles--and different ones on different editions. Buy ℃maj9 and you get every song from every ℃-ute single from a span of two years, and then some. Buy ⑧ Queen of J-POP and you'd be missing something like 7 B-sides from the period it covers plus a few things like remixes.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
If you ignore the infrequency, it's easier to get by with only albums now since there aren't B-sides found only on the singles--and different ones on different editions. Buy ℃maj9 and you get every song from every ℃-ute single from a span of two years, and then some. Buy ⑧ Queen of J-POP and you'd be missing something like 7 B-sides from the period it covers plus a few things like remixes.
[/quote]

I've noticed this, as well. This is another reason I don't like triple-A-Side singles. Albums are becoming little more than predictable singles anthologies, and there is no room for the sort of creativity that B-sides used to engender. Sure, a lot of B-sides are just throw-aways, but a lot of times they are where the really great oddball songs are released. Now, every song on the singe has to be mass-audience radio compliant, and usually, at least one of those songs is crap, anyway.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I actually don't think most stuff coming out of H!P is very radio friendly at all, nor do I think they've ever been trying for that, because I've been under the impression they get very little radio play outside of their own stations. It definitely doesn't match up with what the general public seems to be buying and listening to. It's more like it's got to be wota-compliant, but that's always been true.

I just hope they don't keep doing on the albums what they did the Angerme best of last year, which was put the original tracks all on separate editions. That's even worse than b-sides since albums are almost 40 bucks, for what is essentially two new tracks for most fans, since anyone buying stuff like that likely already has the singles.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

On a different note, Angerme's 2nd gen celebrated their 5th anniversary today.

They're posing in front of a message board wota made for them.
Angerme 2nd gen (Amerika) Kana, Takechan, Katsuta 5th anniversary FC event at Differ Ariake 160814
MC - game corner
2nd gen mini live (selected by 3rd gen and Kamikokuryo) :
1.How do you like Japan? (Murota Mizuki)
2.Koibito wa Kokoro no Ouendan (Sasaki Rikako)
3.Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? (Aikawa Maho)
4.Aruiteru (Kamikokuryo Moe)

They also had an FC event introducing Momona the same day
Angerme new member Kasahara Momona debut FC event at Differ Ariake 160814
big monitor screen shows the words "Hot Pink desu~" (image color)
MC intro : Kasahara Momona's charm points : 1.lips 2. dimples 3.small feet
Kasahara challenge "Monoboke battle" : Kasahara vs. each member of Angerme
mini live
1.Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun
2.Dot Bikini
3.Yuugure Koi no Jikan

event 2 Kasahara challenge Kasahara Momona episode talk (Katsuta story about Momona needing a passport to go to Hokkaido for the H!P Summer concert)

The photos of the event showed a TON of pink glowsticks, but I don't know how much of that was for Momona since Kana is pink too.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="199529" data-time="1471223883">
I've noticed this, as well. This is another reason I don't like triple-A-Side singles. Albums are becoming little more than predictable singles anthologies, and there is no room for the sort of creativity that B-sides used to engender. Sure, a lot of B-sides are just throw-aways, but a lot of times they are where the really great oddball songs are released. Now, every song on the singe has to be mass-audience radio compliant, and usually, at least one of those songs is crap, anyway.
</blockquote>
The albums still have a lot of new content, though. Sticking with the ℃maj9 example, in addition to the A-sides it has 6 new full songs. First Squeeze! had 9.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="199530" data-time="1471224503">
I just hope they don't keep doing on the albums what they did the Angerme best of last year, which was put the original tracks all on separate editions. That's even worse than b-sides since albums are almost 40 bucks, for what is essentially two new tracks for most fans, since anyone buying stuff like that likely already has the singles.
</blockquote>
Yeah, that sucked. At least with the singles with stuff on different editions, you could usually cherry pick the unique tracks on iTunes to get the full set at a reasonable price, buuuut the S/mileage / ANGERME album only has the two songs from the regular edition available digitally (legitimately).
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, and even though I like those two songs, the one I really want requires me to buy a physical copy, and I have all the other songs on it. I get why they do it, it's more or less the game plan that the 48 groups operate on (AKB's upcoming single requires you to buy SIX different editions to get every new song), and there certainly needs to be more incentive for people to purchase multiple copies of albums, but it didn't even work. In it's first week, the album sold less than 40 copies more than their first best of, released three and a half years before with one edition. And quite a few of the songs on that were on the new one too. It was a really weird release and I would have preferred a mini-album with just the new songs.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

More Angerme promo from me! They performed at Coca-Cola Summer Station Music Live. I LOVE Maho's new haircut, it gives her 1998 Iida vibes. She's really growing on me, if her voice gets better to the same degree that Dawa + 2nd gen did, I think she's going to be impressing a lot of people in a couple years.

First part:
Otome no Gyakushuu, Momona gets a line here. 
Dondengaeshi
Itoshima Distance

Second part:
Koi Nara Tokku ni Hajimatteru
Desugita Kui wa Utarenai

Third part:
Shin Nippon no Susume
Ee ka?! (this just wasn't the same ;-;)
Yuugure Koi no Jikan

Fourth part:
TsugiTsugi ZokuZoku
Taiki Bansei

And then a video of them performing C-ute's Bye Bye Bye! from Hina-fest.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Here's the third part link.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I love ANGERME so much.  Those performances brought me to tears.  They are practically the only reason I pay attention to H!P anymore I hate to say....I love J=J too but they just...haven't been doing much.

And yes I like Maho's hair too and she's growing on me finally. <3

Momona is going to take some time.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's really funny, even when she's not trying to be. The fact that she's still naming all of her blogs the exact same title after a year and a half kills me.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I pretty much agree wholly with yuzu's post (except J=J has kind of been dead to me since around Black Butterfly/Senobi, to be honest...). I'm still not really sold on Momona but I'll give her a year before I form a truly solid opinion on her.

I LOVE the rest of the members, though. Right now, they're the only thing really keeping coming back to H!P, and their love for performing is just amazing. And their MCs are always golden, too, especially Take's antics.

Maho is one member I'm always yoyo-ing on. In a sense, I feel like talent-wise, she's certainly not the best, and personality-wise, she's not a real big one compared to like... Take, Rikako, etc. But there is also something so weirdly charming about how odd she is. I still remember her totally strange "okaeri" snippet she did in one HaroSute that was golden. (And I agree with Anderei, I love her blog titles. And it's not only that it's the same title, but just "It's Aikawa Maho." is somehow great, too.)

That... and her autograph is adorable.

So it's kind of a strange "relationship" I have with Maho. I feel like, at face value, she was quite the out-there addition (which is why I had thrown her under the bus in the Momona thread), but she's kind of carved out her own thing in her very charming yet odd way.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, and her obsession with all the alien and paranormal stuff reminds me a lot of Kana's gorilla obsession in her early days.

I agree that talent-wise she isn't the best, but I do truly believe there's potential in her voice. I don't think she'll ever be the best in her gen, because Mizuki has got such a heavy lead vocally on the other two, but I do think that if they work on her technique a bit more, she'll be solid second place, because her voice is pretty strong.

2nd gen really leads the group personality-wise, though. Maho is quirky, but not in an intentional way so it's not super in your face if you don't pay attention to her. Mizuki is very charismatic and good at speaking but she's also not a 'look at me!' girl personality-wise (although I do think she's better than Maho and Rikako when she's intentionally trying to be funny). And while Rikako makes funny faces, she's not a super charismatic speaker and the only person whose personal interests are more boring than her's is Dawa, and that's only if you believe bar soap trumps art. She also sort of blew her one solo variety appearance, so they're probably going to go the Masaki route and not really promote her on tv.

It's too early to speak on Moe and Momona but I don't think they're members who are going to win people over by being super funny or entertaining, although Moe certainly is charming. 

Edit: new stuff about the Tsubaki play (I don't think it'll warrant enough discussion for it's own thread?)

Kisora, Ami and Yumeno won't be participating. Neither will Mao or Saori, but new girl Mizuho will.

<div>Cast : Tsubaki Factory Yamagishi Riko, Ogata Risa, Asakura Kiki, new member Ono Mizuho</div>
<div>Kenshuusei Ichioka Reina, Kaga Kaede, Horie Kizuki, Takase Kurumi, Maeda Kokoro, Kanatsu Mizuki, Ono Kotomi, Kiyono Momohime, new Kenshuusei Kawamura Ayano, Yokoyama Reina, Yoshida Marie, Nishida Shiori</div>
<div>Sudo Maasa, Onoda Ayasa (Engeki Joshi)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Team A pattern </div>
<div>cast : Yamagishi Riko, Kaede Kaga, Horie Kizuki, Kanatsu Mizuki, Kiyono Momohime</div>
<div>Ensemble : Ono Mizuho, Takase Kurumi, Maeda Kokoro, Kawamura Ayano, Yokoyama Reina, Yoshida Marie, Nishida Shiori</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Team B pattern </div>
<div>cast : Ono Mizuho, Takase Kurumi, Maeda Kokoro, Yoshida Marie, Onoda Ayasa (Engeki Joshi)</div>
<div>Ensemble : Ogata Risa, Asakura Kiki, Ichioka Reina, Ono Kotomi, Kawamura Ayano, Yokoyama Reina, Nishida Shiori </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Team C pattern </div>
<div>cast : Ogata Risa, Asakura Kiki, Ichioka Reina, Ono Kotomi, Nishida Shiori </div>
<div>Ensemble : Yamagishi Riko, Kaede Kaga, Horie Kizuki, Kiyono Momohime, Kawamura Ayano, Yokoyama Reina, Yoshida Marie</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Lots of new kenshuusei in the play. It almost feels like this is to promote them rather than Tsubaki. Especially since we haven't even seen some of these girls.</div>
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Man, they are really working these Tsubaki Factory girls.  Ogata Risa has been in every. single. Geikjou play starting with Triangle, and this will be her third one this year.  She's reaching Niigaki levels of commitment, except the other Risa doesn't have concerts and DVD singles to contend with.