[2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Post by Elpis »

Just decided to listen to Mugen Climax, and that was awesome. It sounds so different from other H!P stuff. If this is their last single, there is at least 1 good song.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="201150" data-time="1475947339">Anyway here is a radio rip of Mugen Climax.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OHVI&feature=youtu.be</blockquote>
Why does a gem like this have to come out from Hellopro only once every blue moon, and for a group that's on their way out to that. :nono:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="201150" data-time="1475947339">
Anyway here is a radio rip of Mugen Climax.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OHVI&feature=youtu.be
</blockquote>

Why does a gem like this have to come out from Hellopro only once every blue moon, and for a group that's on their way out to that. :nono:

[/quote]

<div>Tracks this good only ever come around once in a blue moon. This track is so nasty that it has to call Janet, "Ms. Jackson". I need the full version of this.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm actually glad it went to C-ute, because a) they have the chops to pull it off, and b) it feels very much adult, so their emotion comes off as natural and unforced, if that makes any sense. ANGERME is the only other group that could have done it justice, and I think it fits a smaller group better. It does make me even more bummed that C-ute are leaving us, though. </div>
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Wow first c-ute song I've been interested in in years
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Covers are out.

LA/RA are my favs.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="201162" data-time="1475974067">
<div>
So, the official Hello! Project site doesn't have the credits yet, but Maimi posted on her blog of this (minus the arranger, though):

Mugen Climax's lyrics and composition are done by Oomori Seiko.
[/quote]

I know her. She did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlEeVS2vMU

I wonder if she wrote the Beethoven references into the song, or if that's on whoever arranged it? Hell, maybe she arranged it, too. She's kind of an odd bird, which I like.

</div>
</blockquote>

OK, JPope, with the release of the covers, they decided to add the full credits for the single, so I can tell you who arranged it now!

Ookubo Kaoru did the arrangement. He's the one that's done the vast majority of MM's EDM stuff since 2012, as far as I remember.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The covers are actually pretty good judging how much worse they could've been. I don't have a clear favorite this time. Is there any confirmation on this being the final single?
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

First off, those covers are a disappointment. I mean, I knew that some of them would have to be conventional, but I was really hoping that the Mugen Climax covers would a bit more original to match the song. There's nothing horribly wrong with any of these covers except that we've seen all of them a thousand times before.

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="201163" data-time="1475982398">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="201162" data-time="1475974067">
<div>
So, the official Hello! Project site doesn't have the credits yet, but Maimi posted on her blog of this (minus the arranger, though):

Mugen Climax's lyrics and composition are done by Oomori Seiko.
[/quote]

I know her. She did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlEeVS2vMU

I wonder if she wrote the Beethoven references into the song, or if that's on whoever arranged it? Hell, maybe she arranged it, too. She's kind of an odd bird, which I like.

</div>
</blockquote>

OK, JPope, with the release of the covers, they decided to add the full credits for the single, so I can tell you who arranged it now!

Ookubo Kaoru did the arrangement. He's the one that's done the vast majority of MM's EDM stuff since 2012, as far as I remember.

</div>
</blockquote>

He's apparently done a lot more than that, lol! http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Okubo_Kaoru

This is so out of left field, though. I really want to learn the story behind how this recording came together, from Okubo's initial inspiration to the final mastering.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I have a feeling I'm going to buy this single just for Ai wa Maru de Seidenki.... Though C-ute isn't my favorite group, this song is too perfect for me. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hopefully they pick Mugen Climax as the song they go into and show how it's put together on Upcoming. I noticed they never really pick Tsunku songs so it's a probability they pick Mugen or Ai wa Maru.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Mugen Climax MV Harosute vers. preview

https://youtu.be/03eV8KLid2M

Makeup and dance is on point. I also like the setting. This is really °C-ute at their best.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Well, if this is their final single, they're going out with a bang.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I really like the effects they did. Subtle, not overstated. It's going to be fun seeing the final product.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I don't really like it.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm with Thea, I didn't listen to the radio rip since I enjoy the PV previews more, but I expected a lot more. I love the piano and the darker aura, but so far, it honestly just feels like by-the-numbers song masked with extra piano (the Beethoven?) flair.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201241" data-time="1476286567">https://youtu.be/03eV8KLid2M</blockquote>
Posting just to say that Sayube's ファイト was so convincing that it nearly made me give up on live and go back to bed. :lmfao:

Oh and the song sounded even better with official audio. I'm hoping for a full version soon though, those cut in half Harosute edits are pretty anticlimactic.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201241" data-time="1476286567">
https://youtu.be/03eV8KLid2M
</blockquote>

Posting just to say that Sayube's ファイト was so convincing that it nearly made me give up on live and go back to bed. :lmfao:

[/quote]

Ha ha! It's almost like she's asking a question.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Holy crap that choreography. This is a good one but it's making feel like I'm gonna miss C-ute even more now :(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I watched it again and definitely like it better! lol
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBmBGKjFuRQ

And here is the full PV for Mugen Climax.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Revangelis" data-cid="201292" data-time="1476448736">
<div>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBmBGKjFuRQ

And here is the full PV for Mugen Climax.
</div>
</blockquote>

Here's a nice surprise to wake up to. This is one of the more creative videos to come out of H!P in a while. The rapid-fire quick-cuts, the floating cloth and falling chair & ball, the collage, the lighting. Is it possible for a video and song to be so good that they make a costume look better, because even those over-designed boleros look good to me now, lol. This really is a case of making the most out of a single-set video.

The full song was worth waiting for. The musical interlude contains a third piano piece, I believe, and that avant-garde violin leading into the final chorus -- and the violin squeals during that chorus -- are extremely bold for a pop song. I'm trying to think of a more successful marriage of contemporary pop and classical music than this, and I'm coming up empty. This is awe inspiring.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201241" data-time="1476286567">
<div>
Makeup and dance is on point. I also like the setting. This is really °C-ute at their best.
</div>
</blockquote>

Yes. But more than that, this is Hello! Project at its best. Everything works together. The song is the base, and the costumes, the dance and the video all work to support and enhance the song perfectly. It really is too early for me to say that this is the single greatest thing H!P has ever released, but it might be. My gut tells me that it is, but my head tells me to wait a few months before stating it affirmatively. 
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

All of the members names are hidden in the lyrics including past members
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like the full version of the Mugen Climax MV more than the H!S edit. It's very well done and it's kind of surprising H!P could pull off a song like this, or any "typical" idol group for that matter. This is probably going to be the greatest C-ute single, and probably the greatest thing out of H!P in ten years.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mugen Climax is my song of the year for sure. It's ticking off my boxes. I love watching a PV and finding new things in it. And the outfits almost feel JRock to me. Im going to need purchase this single now just for the PV.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wow, I so expected to come here and see people bashing Mugen Climax! I don't even know why, I just did. I'm surprised and thrilled that JPope said everything I'm thinking, so I don't have to. I won't say it's the best pop song ever, because it's not, but ugh I'm just so excited that H!P finally put together a product with a vision again. It's bold, it's a breath of fresh air executed with a goddamn mission, and it's just damn ballsy in all the ways I love my music. Chisato's shit-eating smirk ~1:50 while she sings "Because I've become too strong" gave me a serious "fuck yeah!" moment.

This really is C-ute at their best, and I'm so happy if this is their last single. I just wish H!P could get this kind of vitality breathed back into the rest of H!P. There are definitely way too many complacent staff members working in their creative teams that can't be bothered to give a fuck--either because of pay, hours, or whatever. I don't know what it is, and I don't care, but UFA needs to get some fresh blood in there, assuming they can afford to actually get good creative talent along with keeping them inspired.
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

This song's melody kept playing in my head when I was at work today. I didn't bring a headphone, so the first thing when I got home is turn Mugen Climax on repeat :)

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]
Chisato's shit-eating smirk ~1:50 while she sings "Because I've become too strong" gave me a serious "fuck yeah!" moment.
[/quote]

That, and how the second time through that line is punctuated with "I'm lonely". That's a fucking gut punch, and I don't know that Tsunku has ever expressed that sort of wrenching sadness hidden beneath a pose of outer strength so effortlessly or sublimely.

As much as I've all talked about the arrangement, the vocal performances should not go unnoticed, because they are phenomenal. I think the music inspired the girls to a level they've never come close to before. The harmonies are killer, and there's so much electricity in the performance that no amount of studio trickery can duplicate. It has to come from the singers.

I take back what I said about ANGERME being the only other H!P group capable of doing this song justice, because there is no other H!P group that could have pulled this off. Expecting C-ute to best their last single would have been unfair, and yet they've done it. "Singing" could be nothing more than four minutes of the girls farting into a U-87, and this would still be their best single ever.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I really like this.

When I heard the intro I wondered if they'd continue with that song, since that's the song in Jiriri Kiteru but Moonlight Sonata!! It really hit on my love for classical music.

There's liner notes from the songwriter/composer in the video description which I decided to translate.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
℃-ute"Mugen Climax" liner notes

I love the cool ℃-ute, who's completely matchless in female power, strength, and sexiness, such that no one would bother to compete with them.

And so, I wanted to make a song that could take full advantage of their leveled up weapons of dancing, singing, aroma, aura, and status.

For example, as a woman, if I could create a musical piece that captures the entirety of the desire I feel, if it could show something that no one had seen from them yet...! I struggled with that, and avidly hope that up until the end, this song can become the gasoline for ℃-ute to continue growing.

Since it was decided they would disband after I finished the song, I rewrote the lyrics.

For a hidden command, the member's names are in it, if you could find them I'd be happy.

It is a farewell song, an accelerator towards the climax.
With just your spirit by my side, I'll live strongly! * With that phrase, the members I love are graduating from Hellopro, yet I have the motivation to continue working hard.

I'm thankful for their sparkle that's eternally carrying me towards the future in a good direction.
Oomori Seiko

*a modified version of this is in the lyrics of the song
</blockquote>
Last edited by kira on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image