[2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by Elpis »

I don't use H!O for their H!P info much. It's good for audition news since things move faster over there than here but otherwise I don't agree with all their positive opinions of MM and how everyone still seems to think their the best thing ever.

H!O is useful for other idol group and artist news that I just don't get from here.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by JPope »

[quote="yuzu"]
I came here because it was like the only option back in my day.  I think I posted on jpopsuki or something????  And then someone was like HEY HERE IS JUST A MORNING MUSUME BOARD WE ARE STARTING and I hopped in and was like well hey there.  I am pretty sure H!O didn't exist yet, so I am officially OLD.
[/quote]

Are you thinking of JpopMusic.com? That's where all of the guys who built bbs this came over from. 
<div> </div>
<div>There are some uncomfortable parts in the video, but it's nothing to do with the outfits, as I don't think they are any more revealing than some others they've worn in the past. Nor does it have to do with the Mizuki, Kudo or Sakura as "sexy cats," as their shots are mostly of them smiling, which seems out of context for the theme, but better that then having them act truly inappropriately.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>No, it's the small group shots of the girls lying down with each other. Those are the scenes that made me go "Eesh..." </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Also, Sakura looks so much better without bangs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The song is okay.</div>
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I actually liked it. For the first half of the short preview I was so happy and amazed with how the props, sets, and everything in the MV looks so good that I wasn't really paying much attention to the song itself.
And yes the bed shots, they didn't make me uncomfortable, but I was thinking more like "do they really need to add these shots?"
Sakura looks incredible and I'm surprised as how invisible Masaki is in this preview, I assume she will have a solo in the 2nd part of the song but for the 1st part there are only 3 members in this group as far as I can see.

And the way I found this forum is because you guys were talking shit about Koharu and that post showed up in my google search, I read it and made my account a couple days later.
Image Hey
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Apparently "sexy" means acting cute.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

God that was so painfully awkward and embarrassing. Honestly, I think with the exception of one single, I really haven't been interested in anything from MM since MM'14. The loss of Sayumi and addition of 12th gen had an immense effect on the quality of the group in my opinion. C-ute and ANGERME are just so much better in every way now. They have better singers, have better line and face time distribution, get better songs, and get better videos. They also have that feel that the members actually like each other and are friends that talk and hang out apart from group activities. MM also used to have the feel that they were friends and loved each other, especially amongst generation mates, but lately it feels more like coworkers who take pictures together to keep up appearances.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="201416" data-time="1476906360">
Apparently "sexy" means acting cute.</blockquote>
In Japan it's just a more mature version of cute.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Granted, "sekushi" is different from the western "sexy". I've got the feeling that at least a big part of wota think sexy is a girl looking at them with big round eyes (deers-in-headlights look) and being completely unsure of herself.
Kinda creepy.

On the "sexiness" of Sexy Cat... well... I also thought the shots where they were lying down were unnecessary but well. At least only Maria and Akane are really young. I remember good ol' Dokkan Capriccio, Mizuki being 15 and shaking it to "watashi SEKUSHIIIIII"... that was awkward.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

HP has done sexy before (whether they actually pulled it off is besides the point). This is definitely not that.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="201382" data-time="1476883165">Sexy Cat MV preview:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bfoogf5i6N8</blockquote>I-is that effort I see put into the MV? Are you sure this is not ANGERME or something?

I'm not too sold on the song itself, but I'm happy to see they put some effort and did the homework for the MV. Even if the homework consisted of watching Heavy Rotation on repeat. The result is a little cringy at times, but still miles above the MM average MV. Hebirote is an amazing MV to learn from, though no one believes me when I say that because they think with their dicks. :hmph:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="201387" data-time="1476886466">Hilarious that, even after so many people* wanted Riho gone so the others could shine</blockquote>They're not people, they're monsters in human skin. :noway:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201423" data-time="1476910852">I remember good ol' Dokkan Capriccio, Mizuki being 15 and shaking it to "watashi SEKUSHIIIIII"... that was awkward.</blockquote>Nah. ;/
Last edited by aine on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The MV did remind me of Heavy Rotation crossed with one of NMB48s b-sides that features the girl's transforming into pink outfits similar to MM's "Sexy Cat" ones.
Formerly Mizura
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I kinda like the song itself and Sakura's hair looks good but the video overall ... I feel slightly creeped out from watching that. I'm so tempted to make furry jokes please stop me
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="201433" data-time="1476920375">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="201387" data-time="1476886466">
Hilarious that, even after so many people* wanted Riho gone so the others could shine
</blockquote>

They're not people, they're monsters in human skin. :noway:

</blockquote>

:weeeh:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Idol Purity, Cats, and You!

Final judgement of PV is saved for final version, not a H!P Station edit.

The opening of the song (not PV) makes me feel like Tsunku is sending a message about idols and purity. Replace the word cat with girl and you get a totally different song.

Cats, they put my top three in cat costumes. It's like having tunnel vision. I kind of didn't notice anything else. I'm super biased and can't listen to reason. Oops.

They put effort into this PV. If your complaining than I'm beginning to suspect you just like to complain. There was thought and effort put into this whole thing. With the word sexy in the songs title, what did you expect? It's like going to a restaurant and asking for chicken parmigiana and being wigged out there's chicken in it.

As a song that has a musical feel it works. But then again Sakura in a cat costume just made me bias. They could be singing about a can of tuna and I probably would still like it. Of the two songs released I enjoy Sexy Cat more.

Overall with other groups everything is hit or miss. My favorite group right now is Country Girls. Angerme, while they are ace with characters, their songs are borderline okay. I just lost my top two so they kind of fell off the wagon for me.

Morning Musume as a group and a collective just hold more stock. Girls and names will change but they will always have a special place in my heart dedicated to no one else but them. They have their ups and downs and it's clear they are in their downs. I've been through it before and I'm sure they'll pop right back up again.

And it was Jpopmusic that brought me here. They were the original forum before H!O was even a thought.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm not sure if anyone was complaining about the quality of the MV because that's quite an improvement from the last singles. Even if it's a bit tacky with the cgi cat it's still better than Tokyo to Iu and the like.

I mean it has many good parts. On H!O (yes, I still go there often  :ph34r:) I said that I don't like the song but the MV. The costumes are quite cool (well, from what I've seen Akane's is a bit weird and welp they try to turn Maria into the next loli but can't be helped), the parts of the dance that I've seen were okay (no weird finger pointing or head shaking or whatever). Only thing: It was pretty awkward haha. Haruka is great tho and I feel like Ayumi would've been a great choice, too.

Apparently today was the fanclub MV screening and Mukidashi is yet another EDM song. Sigh...
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I'm not sure if anyone was complaining about the quality of the MV because that's quite an improvement from the last singles. Even if it's a bit tacky with the cgi cat it's still better than Tokyo to Iu and the like.
[/quote]

Can you name something recent that is worse than Tokyo to Iu? because I honestly thought we all agreed on Tokyo to Iu being the new level of low, the lowest.
Image Hey
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Nah, I can't. Tokyo to Iu is definitely the worst. But I don't think Seishun Kozou or Tiki Bun were much better.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I really don't understand the hate for Tokyo to Iu. I really love it now! It had a major presence when they performed it in concert, with that crazy, intense beat.

I keep forgetting to watch these new MM previews, so I'll catch up when I have a chance on those, but I think Tokyo to Iu is the best song and dance they've done in a while. I'm trying to forget Tiki Bun ever happened, so there's my opinion on that.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Derby"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201441" data-time="1476967897">
<div>
[/quote]

Can you name something recent that is worse than Tokyo to Iu? because I honestly thought we all agreed on Tokyo to Iu being the new level of low, the lowest.

</div>
</blockquote>

I feel like Tiki Bun actually looks more low budget than Tokyo to Iu does. But that's just my personal opinion.

Edit: and apparently showraniy sort of feels the same way I do lol.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I too liked Tokyo to iu's live performance, I watched it many times I think on a hello station episode. But I think we're talking strictly about MV cheapness here.
The thing that makes me feel Tokyo to iu is super cheap is the set they chose to record was like half done, showing cameras, lights and those umbrella things, (obviously that's what they wanted but it still came off as cheap to me) and when they put the girls on a random wall dancing with the clothes they brought from home...
But yes, Cheapy bun doesn't have anything more than a grey room and some lights, but maybe it's understandable since the other 2 videos were Mikaeri and Shabadabadoo
Last edited by Derby on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Observation. Last time Morning a Musume released 2 singles in a year was in 2008 and one of those was a cover. I call that the platinum era slump where they started to concentrate more on their performances and less on marketing. As idols are in flux right now, do you think that's what Up Front is doing with the group nowwbut in a different sort of way? Putting a hold on their releases and trying to put more focus on their overall performance and quality of releases (better PVs) to try and weather them through the upcoming decline that will probably eventually happen. Or am I just seeing things in my head because I'm a closet tin foiled hat weirdo who has become too heavily invested in the inner workings of a Japanese agency? XD
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

H!P has too many full time groups to put out four singles a year for everyone. They'd have to release a single every other week. We're long since past the days where Morning Musume was top priority and everyone else came second.

They released four singles in 2009, though, so what happened in 2008 seems like it just happened more due to timing and wasn't a shift or anything.

I don't think anyone is getting a third single this year.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

They definitely could space out releases better though instead of having clusters. The huge gaps are starting to make me lose interest in certain groups because it's hard to keep interest when you aren't able to go to concerts like in Japan.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="201410" data-time="1476899043">
<div>
I came here because it was like the only option back in my day.  I think I posted on jpopsuki or something????  And then someone was like HEY HERE IS JUST A MORNING MUSUME BOARD WE ARE STARTING and I hopped in and was like well hey there.  I am pretty sure H!O didn't exist yet, so I am officially OLD.
[/quote]

Are you thinking of JpopMusic.com? That's where all of the guys who built bbs this came over from. 
<div> </div>
<div> </div>

</div>
</blockquote>

YES THANK YOU that's what it was.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mukuro" data-cid="201462" data-time="1476989244">
<div>
They definitely could space out releases better though instead of having clusters. The huge gaps are starting to make me lose interest in certain groups because it's hard to keep interest when you aren't able to go to concerts like in Japan.
</div>
</blockquote>

Totally. I don't get the logic behind having a month / month-and-a-half of H!P releases followed by four-to-five months of nothing. They could do one or two release per month, have something new out every month of the year, and not push any group beyond two singles per year unless they wanted to. Putting everything out so close together makes it difficult for fans to digest and enjoy all of the new songs in the moment. It's especially hard when one song completely overshadows the entire release schedule like Mugen Climax has. ANGERME and J=J have been pushed to my back-burner, and MM is not even on my radar (I haven't listened to Souo Janai or Sexy Cat beyond checking out the previews to review here.) It would seem to me that the company could devote more quality time per release if they were spaced out like this, too. I'd be interested to learn why they've chosen this business model, because it isn't just by happenstance.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Can't say why, but it happens often with the 48/46 groups. AKB, SKE, NMB, and HKT all released singles within about a month of each other starting in August. AKB, Nogizaka46, and Keyakizaka46 are all releasing singles in November too.

I imagine it's also different for people living in Japan who can go to all the events. Angerme and JJ aren't gonna be on your back burner when you're going to their handshake event tomorrow.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So the groups are holding handshake events together? I didn't know that.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They're not but I don't think it's uncommon for them to have events on the same days when releases are so close together.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Apparantly from an event earlier today, the group shown off all three PVs

-Duu isn't in the dance shots of Mukidashi & Sou Janai due to her back? (I actually didn't realize this happened)...
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Thoughts:

The black outfits are fucking amazingggg. Love 'em. A lot.

When I watch this I really question why they didn't put Erina or Ayumi instead of Mizuki... And yes the other girls blend in, but Erina looks to be killin it (no bias) and Masaki and Maria make themselves stand out to me with their presence (possible bias.) But Maria's ass is ALL OVER the place.... yikes.

I like the song probably more than some of you here, but it's not great. A better song than Tiki Bun or Nanni Mo Wakacchanai.

And although this song isn't nearly as good as Egao Yes Nude, let's not forget those bed scenes... At least the girls aren't rolling around and touching themselves and each other, lol.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.