C-ute to disband June 2017

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: C-ute to disband June 2017

Post by DonJuan »

So it's over now eh. Feels weird. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Photobombs~
Tsunku showed up.

Last H!P Group photo. (Minus Kiki (She was sick) and Maho (for obvious reasons).

Pretty much the entire Up-Front Girls that aren't in H!P. Lovelys , UpUp Girls, Ciao Bella, Mano Erina, Miyazawa Marin, Fukuda Kanon (And YUUKA). I don't know who the girl is between Yuuka and Mano, but there's another photo floating around with her face and Yuukla's blocked out. Other than that, I can't put names to all the faces.

Momoiro Clover were there, along with Hyadian.

Former KSS, Nanami was there.

And the three OG C-ute girls got together and bought flowers for the event. <3

Otsuka Aina was also there. She posted. https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/874243283542724608

Maiha was hanging out with Chinami, Maasa and Captain Saki. (Video)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The girl between Mano and Yuuka is Sawada Yuri, a former Egg.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Could the mysterious girl be Maeda Irori? /ah, wrong.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Another photobomb~ 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="208182" data-time="1497308918">
Could the mysterious girl be Maeda Irori? /ah, wrong.</blockquote>

She's got a super distinctive face. She goes to concerts but I don't recall her ever taking photos with anyone before so even if she was there I doubt she'd be backstage.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
There's a 21 gig HD version of it up on the aidoru-online tracker.
[/quote]

A 6.5 GB version has since been added.

EDIT: I'm watching this version on the TV now, and it's quite good. Can't imagine the larger version is worth the extra space/DL time.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

It feels like only 2 years since their debut...  :cryalot: Watching their concert made me realize how much I stopped following them as I didn't know quite a few songs... and I think I was one of the most die hard American fans at that time. :lol: Wish I kept my collection, but it's crazy to think it's been 12 fucking years...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm 2 hours in (still an hour-and-half to go!) and I'm feeling the same pangs of regret that I felt during the BBS Madness tournament for not having followed them more closely than I did. I can't believe how good they sound 2 hours into a concert. There have been a few breaks, but not that many. Even Mai, after a couple of really bad moments early on, sounds decent. Chisato's voice still has a bit of gravel to it, and she cracked a couple times in the first few songs, but she's killing it. And Airi is Airi: a fucking robot, lol. This is great concert.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

JPope, do you have a link to the concert?
Last edited by Madara on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

THat momoclo and Hyadain picture gives me life <3  Sad momoka didn't make it. :( Also looks like Itou Chiyuri (Ribbon-chan from s/mileage gen 2 current Team Shachihoko) is the other girl in that picture.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

And the picture we were ALL waiting for is finally here!

From Erika's blog.

From Chisato's
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I wouldn't have been able to recognize Megumi. Nice photos !
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Madara"]
JPope, do you have a link to the concert?
[/quote]

It's at the aidoru-online tracker. You'll need a bittorrent client to download it. I use qBittorrent myself.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

H!P Kids, Risako wasn't there because she was working and Maiha's face was blocked out.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Megumi looks more like Megumi there.

Kanna was never an H!P Kid, was she?

And why is Maiha's face blocked?
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="208212" data-time="1497453925">

And why is Maiha's face blocked?</blockquote>
She's the only one not in showbiz. Megumi kind of does but it could be she requested it too. And the photo somewhere was tagged Berikyuu, so while Kanna was never a kid, she was part of C-ute.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks to two FB friends guiding me through the process, I was able to download uTorrent and sign up with aidoru-online and then download the concert. I'm now watching it on VLC Media Player and it looks spectacular. So I'm seeing the 90 minutes I missed.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<div>The Set List for the Saitama Super Arena Final Live. (This setlist was taken from the 910 Facebook Blog)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>13: Everyday Yeah! Kataomoi- Mai wore the sunglasses like C-ute debuted.</div>
</div>

[/quote]

Was there any reason for her to always wear those glasses? Like was she too young at that time or something? Or was ir just her concept?
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="208168" data-time="1497270279">
<div>

<div>The Set List for the Saitama Super Arena Final Live. (This setlist was taken from the 910 Facebook Blog)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>13: Everyday Yeah! Kataomoi- Mai wore the sunglasses like C-ute debuted.</div>
</div>

[/quote]
Was there any reason for her to always wear those glasses? Like was she too young at that time or something? Or was ir just her concept?

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure it was just a concept... Her full face was visible when she was in H!P Kids and Ganbacchae. I'm guessing they decided to give her a "diva" vibe after her "Tsunku or something" comment. Hashisako Rin imitated it during her happyoukai test and it was great.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I watched the whole concert again today. And last night I put in my DVD of an unwatched C-ute concert, the one with the long title that they did at Budokan in September 2016, C-Fes 1. Another great concert.

My only quibble: "Midnight Temptation," my favorite C-ute song, wasn't in either concert.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208225" data-time="1497487548"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="208224" data-time="1497485812"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="208168" data-time="1497270279">

The Set List for the Saitama Super Arena Final Live. (This setlist was taken from the 910 Facebook Blog)

13: Everyday Yeah! Kataomoi- Mai wore the sunglasses like C-ute debuted.
</blockquote>
</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure it was just a concept... Her full face was visible when she was in H!P Kids and Ganbacchae. I'm guessing they decided to give her a "diva" vibe after her "Tsunku or something" comment. Hashisako Rin imitated it during her happyoukai test and it was great.</blockquote>

It was said she had eye surgery at that time.
Campy <3 !
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="208212" data-time="1497453925">

And why is Maiha's face blocked?
</blockquote>
She's the only one not in showbiz. Megumi kind of does but it could be she requested it too. And the photo somewhere was tagged Berikyuu, so while Kanna was never a kid, she was part of C-ute.

[/quote]
Miyabi said she wanted it blocked out on her instagram. 

Also I feel like Risako probably didn't want to be there. She seems like the one who wanted to get away from the H!P thing as much as humanly possible when Berryz disbanded (sorry, 'went on hiatus')
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If Risako REALLY wanted to get away she would have left Up-Front and went on to live a normal life, but she didn't. As long as she stays in the company she's going to have her past looming over her head like every other past H!P girl.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I truly think Risako wanted to be there.  But I mean she's still under upfront so her management was probably fully aware of the concert, but they had to choose a time for the photoshoot that worked for everyone involved and the timing was just shitty.

Guys I'm getting ready to make a Chris Crocker type video over here.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Risako and Airi were (I don't know about anymore) really close... Soo I would normally think she'd like to be there. But it shouldn't have been *that* hard for her to rearrange her schedule to see one of her best friends graduate from something important. Not to mention all the H!P kids and groupmates were there.

I agree that it seems like being in H!P really took its toll on Risako and she just isn't wanting to come back to it anytime soon. My bet is she stayed signed under UPF just as a back up of sorts. Sad she didn't go to such an important concert. Honestly, it kind of makes her look bad to me.... But that's me.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I completely agree with you TicTac.
Campy <3 !
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="yuzu"]
Guys I'm getting ready to make a Chris Crocker type video over here.
[/quote]

LEAVE RISAKO ALONE RIGHT NOW!!! 

I agree with you too TicTac honestly that was my exact feeling. I still like her don't get me wrong but it's not a great look. I was living for my main girl Maasa being everywhere. Chinami's instagram post ohhhmygod. SO cute. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I did a tribute to C-ute on my blog, charting the ups and downs of my fandom over the years.

https://madarasjpopblog.wordpress.com/

I'm planning a follow-up entry next week that will be an album of favorite C-ute photos and images from over the years.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="208214" data-time="1497455392">Thanks to two FB friends guiding me through the process, I was able to download uTorrent and sign up with aidoru-online and then download the concert. I'm now watching it on VLC Media Player and it looks spectacular. So I'm seeing the 90 minutes I missed.</blockquote>I'm as amused as I am impressed with the fact it took C-ute disbanding to make Madara finally give in and figure out the infernal file sharing technology. :lol:

This was a great concert, hands down. Everyone was in top notch form pretty much from start to finish. My two complaints and regrets are that one, I'm just not that much into a lot of C-ute so I was less impressed with them being performed than I could be (even though most of them sounded familiar), and two, that they didn't go ALL out and bring a live band to play. That would have made it legendary, whereas now it's just amazing (if you're a C-ute fan) or very solid (if you're not).

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~