UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Shoujo Q »

Press viewing of Meimi's Minako play. She nailed Amazing Grace. (Saying wretch is suuuper hard for any Japanese singer) but she's a little shakey on Minako's early work.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3fup33SQTo' class="bbc_url" title="External link">From Oricon</a>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Wow! Thanks for posting that.

What's the first song she sings in that clip?

And why does it say 8/18/17 in the lower right hand corner of the screen during that clip?

Thanks.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

That's when the DVD will be released, I believe. It did say "DVD" beside the date.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

She did really well with getting the feel of old J-pop voice, though. Her "de" drove me crazy (in a good way) with how accurate it was.

Wishing it was a larger and more elaborate stage... But I guess not everything can be a Wicked or Les Miserables. At least her play sold out... That's pretty nice in itself. She also said she wore the same clothes Hinako had worn.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Madara"]
Wow! Thanks for posting that.

What's the first song she sings in that clip?

And why does it say 8/18/17 in the lower right hand corner of the screen during that clip?

Thanks.
[/quote]

The first song is called 1986 Nen No Marilyn, it's one of Honda Minako's earliest songs. Also one of my favorites and fun fact, it was written by 48 man, Yasushi Akimoto.

and Woooooo THIS IS GETTING A DVD I'm STOKED!
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Bitter&Sweet's MV for Shashin no Nokoranai Shoot.

This is their major debut and fourth overall. They both have really nice voices, it's a shame they're an UFP group and getting the kind of attention that comes with that. Four singles in three and a half years is pathetic. This is their first single in two years.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed May 17, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Meimi's next role will be Kiki Watson in Grand Guignol. It's about vampires.

kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Grand Guignol is the story of Lord Dali, one of the side characters in the Lilium prequel.  Just FYI. 

Also, links for Meimi's play DVD are out.  The limited edition costs an extra 2000 yen, and includes audio of the stage songs.  No tracklist yet.

Limited Edition -->  http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCBP-53192
Regular Edition --> http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCBP-53193
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks for the heads-up, Kitaoji.

(That's all I need: another expensive CDJapan purchase, joining the C-ute Single Collection + Blu-ray and Momoko's multi-disc album.)

(Update: the Momoko 3-disc album isn't that expensive: $33.50 on CDJapan now.)
Last edited by Madara on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Question: I listened to C-ute's album, 3rd ~Love Escalation!, at the gym today, first time in years, and I was intrigued by track #10, a matsuri-type song. When I got home, I checked the tracklist and the song is called "Do Don ga Don Ondo," and is sung by "Tension Ageko," with C-ute providing back vocals. Who or what is Tension Ageko? Well, it's Erika Umeda and here's what it says in her page on Generasia:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Within C-ute, Umeda was not so prominently featured in songs, but in concerts she would play as Tension Ageko, a character in skits where she would
</blockquote>

And that's it. The entry ends abruptly and there's no more about it.

The song is performed in two concerts, both of which I have, so I will dig them out and watch those performances to clear up the mystery of the "skits where she would--"...?

In the likely case that even then I won't figure it out, can anyone fill in what's missing from the Generasia entry?

Thanks.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I really don't watch C-ute concerts, but during their Cutie Cute Circuit events they would do little MC skits. All the girls had characters that they would play in them. Erika's was Tension Ageko.

Other ones I can remember are Yajima as a manager, MC Kappa, MC Chissa, and DJ Maimai. 
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I didn't expect Meimi to grow up and not have that constantly awkward and confused facial expression she used to have anymore.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Nacky's using her Instagram now.

Looks like she will be playing around with it to practice her hobby of photography. She also has the most adorably pathetic looking cat.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Japanese cats are 50% cuter than all other cats, and I don't know why that is.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It's part of a condition called Japanophilia.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="208329" data-time="1497970592"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/28/business/28dogs.html' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/28/busin ... gs.html</a>

;/</blockquote>

This is why you buy mutts.

I can't own a cat, so I'm a dog person through and through.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That sucks. My wife and I have two dogs -- one from the pound, and one from a foster family. There are so many dogs that need homes, and literally any dog you get is going to love you just as much as any other dog. It's just their nature. Dogs are the best.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="JPope"]
That sucks. My wife and I have two dogs -- one from the pound, and one from a foster family. There are so many dogs that need homes, and literally any dog you get is going to love you just as much as any other dog. It's just their nature. Dogs are the best.
[/quote]

Well said, and I agree!

All of my pets have been rescues, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've never had a cat except for a very brief stint with a rescued kitten when I was a teenager, but I still think dogs are the best things ever.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kaori announced today that her baby is a girl.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="208313" data-time="1497898711">She also has the most adorably pathetic looking cat.</blockquote>
That cat has some serious eyebrows.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Fukuda Asuka was on a show the other day talking about everything about her time in Morning Musume and after. And then at the end she sings Summer Night Town. 
It's a must watch if you want to know whatever REALLY happened to her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

NEED SUBS.

Or a brief rundown. Whichever...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's actually not very scandalous and a lot of it is stuff I think most people knew/guessed. Only new thing to me was that she did go back to school after dropping out.

Taken from Jplop:

:

-After the ASAYAN auditions, she wanted to go back to a normal life but then was put in MM。. She said it felt like she didn't know what was going on (at the time).

-They all got paid the same amount. The company took care of living and transportation expenses.

-It felt like, to her, the group didn't really get along and everyone saw each other as rivals.

-Apparently, Yuuko was the one who Asuka got on with the least, although Asuka says that that was most likely because of a difference in age and Asuka not understanding Yuuko's way of thinking despite realising now that Yuuko would compromise a lot.

-The official reason for leaving was for study, but she wasn't interested in going to school. She wanted to hang out in Harajuku all the time and didn't know what she wanted to do with her future.

-She felt out of place amongst the other members because she thought she wasn't being serious about the group as much.

-Tsunku tried to persuade her to stay in a conversation that lasted over an hour but he was using too many allegories and she had no idea what he was on about (lol).

-She quit high school in her first year and went on to work part-time at a bakery after that.

-She has no bad feelings about MM。's success with LOVE Machine, and when she saw the CMs she just thought "I wonder if I could've made a bit more money".

-3 years after her graduation from MM。she returned to high school (and graduated) and got a boyfriend.

-She met her husband, who's 3 years younger than her, at a nomikai (a drinking party type of thing) that her friend's work held.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm glad she left when she did. But then my first exposure to her was the concert in which she graduated and she seemed perfectly happy to be leaving, so I was always glad she left when she did.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I found the Youtube page, Peace$tone is apart of. Lots of little Asuka googies stuffed inside.

Like this, Asuka singing Fly me to the moon.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I found the Youtube page, Peace$tone is apart of. Lots of little Asuka googies stuffed inside.

Like this, Asuka singing Fly me to the moon.
[/quote]

That's not as good as I was hoping for.  :lol: 

Can we please put a moratorium on former H!P artists singing this song? It's better than Kago's version, but that's a low hurdle to clear. I'd be willing to allow Ayaya a shot at it, but that's about it. And holy shit, does she look awkward moving to the rhythm. 

Asuka's a really good singer when she sticks to what she's good at, which is indie-pop.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I really like hearing stories from the first years of the group. And according to this and other stories, the older H!P members were really shady all the time :lol: makes me wonder about the current girls
And by the way tsunku was trying to convince her to stay, makes me think it was never tsunku's intention to have a rotational group right? was it something that he came up with later?
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There's an Utaban episode where the girls talk about how they don't think they'll add new members like a month before the 3rd gen audition was announced lol. He straight up intended to disband the group after they won Best New Artist in 98 or something like that. I guess it was probably a combination of the powers that be and their rising popularity and Tsunku deciding he liked producing them that made them start adding people.