Who's next to leave Morning Musume - 2016 edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Who's next to leave Morning Musume - 2016 edition

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="yuzu"]
I agree.

And yes, I realize Masaki has always been scolded but I'm thinking more like hardcore criticism and maybe she just can't take it anymore.  And yeah, that kind of goes with the not finding it fun anymore part.  I dunno.

I also don't really see Iikubo going anywhere any time soon.
[/quote]

Iikubo has been (somewhat) improving and making headway with her character and stage presence. She seemed decently featured during the PRISM tour, if I remember correctly.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ayumi kind of said something to Ogata about her weight, but not much. I think it was in a joint interview when Ogata mentioned that she doesn't eat after 6pm (or 5pm?). Ayumi was shocked and went "no way! you shouldn't do that!". I think Ogata doesn't look as bad as she did during the Ima Sugu promotions, but she's still very, very skinny.

However, it doesn't seem to limit her. And management doesn't do anything against it, either. Either she's going to stay that way or she'll collapse.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="198413" data-time="1466798676">
Ayumi kind of said something to Ogata about her weight, but not much. I think it was in a joint interview when Ogata mentioned that she doesn't eat after 6pm (or 5pm?). Ayumi was shocked and went "no way! you shouldn't do that!". I think Ogata doesn't look as bad as she did during the Ima Sugu promotions, but she's still very, very skinny.

However, it doesn't seem to limit her. And management doesn't do anything against it, either. Either she's going to stay that way or she'll collapse.</blockquote>

I heard Koda Kumi say she followed this diet trend years ago, and I've heard it mentioned by a Kpop girl group recently too. Not eating after 6pm seems to be a bit of a thing, but both Kumi and the Kpop girls were/are (?) healthier weights than Ogata has been, so she's likely doing other things in addition to not eating after 6 to be as skinny as she is.

I'm especially bothered by celebrities not maintaining healthy weight when they're in the public eye and could influence some poor fan or impressionable teenager to try and look just as thin. It's dangerous.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Japanese diet trends in general are.. questionable. I mean, look at Zukki. She ate healthy for like three months (and did sports) so when she got to her desired weight she stopped doing it and boom, went back to her old weight (and more).

But ugh, not eating after 6pm. I mean I do get that you shouldn't eat heavy stuff before you go to sleep, but since few people actually go to sleep at like, 8pm (especially knowing that the girls in the idol biz often work until the late evening) it just doesn't make sense to me. Especially considering that they're constantly working out, not only dance rehearsals but also fitness in general (I mean they do acrobatics and stuff). On top of that, they're mostly teenagers. Ugh. Their bodies aren't done developing. I just hope they won't talk too much about Akane's weight in a year or so because I don't think she can go the "I'm proud of my weight" route that Zukki went.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="198414" data-time="1466799189"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="198413" data-time="1466798676">

However, it doesn't seem to limit her. And management doesn't do anything against it, either. Either she's going to stay that way or she'll collapse.</blockquote>I heard Koda Kumi say she followed this diet trend years ago, and I've heard it mentioned by a Kpop girl group recently too. Not eating after 6pm seems to be a bit of a thing, but both Kumi and the Kpop girls were/are (?) healthier weights than Ogata has been, so she's likely doing other things in addition to not eating after 6 to be as skinny as she is.

I'm especially bothered by celebrities not maintaining healthy weight when they're in the public eye and could influence some poor fan or impressionable teenager to try and look just as thin. It's dangerous.</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="198414" data-time="1466799189"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="198413" data-time="1466798676">

However, it doesn't seem to limit her. And management doesn't do anything against it, either. Either she's going to stay that way or she'll collapse.</blockquote>I heard Koda Kumi say she followed this diet trend years ago, and I've heard it mentioned by a Kpop girl group recently too. Not eating after 6pm seems to be a bit of a thing, but both Kumi and the Kpop girls were/are (?) healthier weights than Ogata has been, so she's likely doing other things in addition to not eating after 6 to be as skinny as she is.

I'm especially bothered by celebrities not maintaining healthy weight when they're in the public eye and could influence some poor fan or impressionable teenager to try and look just as thin. It's dangerous.</blockquote>
It's called Intermittent Fasting and is completely healthy if you do it properly. Basically you don't eat or drink anything other than water, black coffee, or unsweetened tea after a certain time or before a certain time. The exact times are up to the individual's schedule but basically you fast for 16 hours a day (most of which are sleeping) and have an 8 hour eating window. For me, my eating window is 1pm to 9pm. During that fasting period your body turns to burning fat instead of a steady stream of sugar and simple carbs for energy. It's not supposed to be combined with caloric restriction though which I'm quite sure she's doing. She doesn't eat after 6 but I'm also pretty sure that she skips breakfast and probably eats very sparingly during the day which isn't IF, it's just disordered.

Edit: I'd also just like to point out that Intermittent Fasting isn't a "diet" in the way that word is used but rather it's a way of eating. It's not meant for just losing weight and won't cause weight loss if you do it properly and have none to lose. If, like me, you do have weight to lose though it'll cause a nice amount of fat loss over time
Last edited by sayu1991 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

However, it doesn't seem to limit her. And management doesn't do anything against it, either. Either she's going to stay that way or she'll collapse.</blockquote>
I heard Koda Kumi say she followed this diet trend years ago, and I've heard it mentioned by a Kpop girl group recently too. Not eating after 6pm seems to be a bit of a thing, but both Kumi and the Kpop girls were/are (?) healthier weights than Ogata has been, so she's likely doing other things in addition to not eating after 6 to be as skinny as she is.

A lot of those Kpop girls probably look healthier than they are. Back when SM remembered SNSD are a musical group and they promoted some doctor told Seohyun on WGM she was 20 lbs underweight and I never would have even guessed.

I remember Risa talking about how she was way too thin at one point and that she told new girls not to worry about it so much. But I also don't remember her missing stuff any extended periods of time so it's probably more likely she did something about it herself rather than the company stepping in.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I get that there are unhealthy limits to dieting and weight loss, but what I don't get is how all those supposedly super unhealthy and starving idols are not collapsing left and right during concerts with their lifestyle and workout being at least 10x more active and intensive than that of a typical you and me. :wut:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Erina...she bores me.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

For some reason it feels like they're not going to have another graduation this year if it's not going to be an emergency graduation (like Riho). At least to me.

I know, Masaki dropped hints, Hokkaido is one of the last stops for their fall tour, etc. ... but I don't feel it. 
I wouldn't be surprised if someone announced their graduation during fall tour, though.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Looks like both sub-leaders aren't really wanted to stay.  :tongue:
Last edited by PyoKiyo on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

SURPRISE it wasn't 2016 but the winner was Kudo Haruka!!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="198363" data-time="1466554629">
You guys are going to make me cry with all of the Maa-chan guesses.

I guessed either Iikubo or, oddly Kudo. I guessed Iikubo for the typical reason of how old she is. I also just have some weird feeling about Haruka. Although wishful thinking goes to Erina...I never wanted her to join in the first place ahaha
</blockquote>

hey Sayu you play the lotto? Wanna give us some numbers?  :party:  :party:
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="210190" data-time="1505584881"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="198363" data-time="1466554629">
You guys are going to make me cry with all of the Maa-chan guesses.

I guessed either Iikubo or, oddly Kudo. I guessed Iikubo for the typical reason of how old she is. I also just have some weird feeling about Haruka. Although wishful thinking goes to Erina...I never wanted her to join in the first place ahaha</blockquote>

hey Sayu you play the lotto? Wanna give us some numbers? :party: :party:</blockquote>

Lol I'd totally forgotten that I predicted she'd leave. Maybe I should start playing the lotto :P I'm just glad that Maa-chan is still here.