Haruna Iikubo will Graduate From H!P and MM.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Haruna Iikubo will Graduate From H!P and MM.

Post by aisasami »

Just in, Haruna Iikubo will graduate from H!P and MM.

Offical Source:

http://www.helloproject.com/news/9019/

Management's Statement

A Notice Regarding About Morning Musume.'s Haruna Iikubo's Graduation

Thank you for your continuous support for Hello! Project and Morning Musume. '18. It has been decided that Morning Musume. '18's Haruna Iikubo will graduate from Morning Musume. as well as Hello! Project with this fall's tour.

The decision was made after we talked with Ikubo from this spring about taking a new step in life as she wanted to challenge herself and be independent by using the experiences she learned in Morning Musume and elsewhere while thinking about the future and the celebration of Morning Musume's 20th anniversary.

We will continue to support the new challenges of "Haruna Iikubo" who wants to stay as an entertainer and soloist after graduation.

She will be participating in Morning Musume.'s activities until the end of the fall tour. We will have the details finale when they become available.

Please continue to support Morning Musume. '18 and Haruna Iikubo.

Statement from Haruna:

I, Haruna Iikubo, will graduate from Morning Musume. As well as Hello! Project with this fall's tour.

As we were approaching the 20th anniversary of Morning Musume. last September and with the 20th anniversary year, I not only thought about Morning Musume.'s future but also my future.

As for the group, the number one fun thing is the concerts: When you talk about a concert, it's not only about dancing and singing, but a concert includes MC, talking, performing songs, and performances. Outside of singing and dancing, I like plays, talking on the radio, introducing manga, fashion, going overseas, being with people, and others. I have a lot of things I want to do and I have a lot of dreams.

I know I am greedy. But, it was because of Morning Musume. that I able to understand what are my favorite things. Morning Musume. taught me infinite possibilities, love, and hope in this world. And also that time is limited.

What is your most desired challenge now? There were lots of things I wanted to challenge when I thought about this.

I will turn 24 this year. To accomplish what I want to challenge, I decided that I want to test myself with more various things and become a soloist with this timing. After graduation, I would like to continue to do my best in the entertainment world as "Iikubo Haruna". I might not be able to produce satisfactory results for all with that challenge. But, I will do my best to make many announcements to everyone who supports me!

With the time remaining, I would like to increase the album of memories named "Morning Musume." and further cherish the time with the fans and members. And since I will continue to devote love even after graduation, thank you eternally.
Last edited by aisasami on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Haruna Iikubo will Graduate From H!P and MM.

Post by Shoujo Q »

Bye buu. Love you but it’s been a long while coming.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Take Ikuta with you
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Dreams do come true. <3
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ah, guess it was time. I'm very sad, but it was to be expected.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I spoke too soon when I said this was a good year. :( but it is her time so I’m really okay with it but also not okay because I know I won’t be able to see her graduate.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I like that she's trying to stay in entertainment business. No idea how much I'll see of it (since she's mostly done MC and radio stuff and while showing fashion she hasn't really worked as a model), but I wish her all the best for it.

It's definitely easier to say goodbye than to Zukki who just disappeared since then.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It's not surprising, but it's still a little sad.  She managed to become a pretty stable supporting member.

Surely she's going to lean on her otaku stuff now :lol:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm not sobbing uncontrollably like I did when Haruka's departure was announced, but I AM sad. She brought something quite unique to the group. She was generous, graceful, sweet, classy, poised and beautiful. And she really loved being there, loved her teammates and loved the fans. So she wasn't the greatest singer and dancer--she was better than some, though--her personality more than made up for it. I'm not surprised she's leaving, but I will miss her.

Last edited by Madara on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

2018 is now the year both Harunas left us. To be honest it was about that time for her to leave. She was horrible in the beginning but overtime she improved, not a lot but she got to the point were she wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb when it came to dancing.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm not surprised but I hate it thanks
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I’m going to miss Harunan. :( She is so sweet and kind, and just a wonderful person in general.

I hope she finds much more happiness and makes even greater memories in what she pursues after her graduation. Stay classy and geeky, Miss Iikubo. ❤️
Last edited by arcobaleno on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I hope she’s able to do a bunch of things after graduating. I’ll miss her :(
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

To be honest, it was about time... but I hope her all the best in the path she has chosen. I hope she gets to do all those things she wants.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I don't get the hate she gets. Sure she's not the most talented, but she seems like a genuine sweetheart. With all her friends and connections in entertainment, she'll do just fine.

At least her and Dawa can now go off together and get happily married.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I am sad about this but at the same time it is her time to leave. She has connections in the entertainment world and she’ll do just fine.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She’s getting up there age-wise as far as H!P goes so this isn’t even the slightest bit surprising. I honestly wish more of the older members would follow suit. It’s time to move on.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

All I'm sad about is how much pressure this must put on Yuka, being even older than her. Stay forever Yukabae ; A ;
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

On the one hand, it's nice to see MM finally graduating some weak links; on the other hand, they graduated most of the stronger links already, so any graduation is likely to be a weak link at this point. 

I have nothing personal against Ikubo, my problem with her was always business. I would have liked her a whole lot more if she were one of only two or three untalented members. Sadly, she was one of many.

Also, LOL at Haruna being a "soloist". 
Last edited by JPope on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

That's too bad. I understand the objective reasons, but for some inexplicable reason I really liked having her around. Say she is bland as much as you want, but at this point she's one of very few with any personality - even if it's a very down to earth one. Also she was the one who held my hand with her iron grip and wouldn't let go for what felt like 15 minutes at that handshake event in Paris. This stuff stays with you. (At least I think that was her - way to contradict myself.)

Oh well, good luck to her.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Awwwwww bye Iikubo!! I've always had a soft spot for her. I was so proud of her when I had first heard her on Seishun Domannaka... 10ki was definitely one of my more favorite gens, so it's sorta sad that we'll see only half of it from now on.

Honestly with both Haruka, Haruna and O. Haruna gone, Maa-chan's a ticking time bomb for her grad. I hope she surprises me and doesn't leave soon after.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Lol I hope you all are happy now, the amount of posts about Iikubo graduating feels like it's dragged on for YEARS.

Had to look at the age of the try-hard, fail-hard Ikuta, but seems like she'll be hanging out in MM for at least another 4 years. ;<
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

if she doesn't voice someone in Jojo after graduation, I riot.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="aine"]
That's too bad. I understand the objective reasons, but for some inexplicable reason I really liked having her around. Say she is bland as much as you want, but at this point she's one of very few with any personality - even if it's a very down to earth one. Also she was the one who held my hand with her iron grip and wouldn't let go for what felt like 15 minutes at that handshake event in Paris. This stuff stays with you. (At least I think that was her - way to contradict myself.)

Oh well, good luck to her.
[/quote]

Oh gosh you just reminded me that I shook her hand in New York... that was 4 years ago now (wow!) so I can't remember if I ever got up the nerve to try to tell her that she was my favorite member, but now that my Japanese has improved I would love to try again. :'(

Also speaking of New York, once she graduates half of '14 will be gone.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Nooooooooo ;-;

Even though I knew this would eventually happen, it still makes me sad because she was my favorite member. Back when I first discovered Momusu in '14, something about her caught my eye and she's been my favorite ever since. Though she will be gone from the group, I wish her the best in all her future endeavors.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

What the fuck is a "virtual youtuber"?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I guess a YouTube who is not real? Why?

/edit: Ah, I see. So Haruna will become a virtual idol producer - announced at today's concert.
Eh. Sure. Why not. I was hoping for more but at least she'll be active.

Haruna will also stay as a regular on YoungTown by the way.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Honestly that sounds like a good, steady gig. We'll see how good she is at it. I mean, she is the Michishige-lover, and everyone wanted Michishige to stay and help produce idols. So this is sort of on that same path lolol
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

When they announced it at the concert, I think pretty much all of us went like "Is it a joke or ?" but we actually got flyers with Nina on it.

Also, Haruna sang Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito alone yesterday, with a very pretty "chocolate" colored dress (if I recall well, it was a short dress with lace-looking things hanging on the sides, she had quite big a hair-decoration and her high-heels and her socks were also "chocolate").
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Her grad dress was very pretty! Probably in my top 5, I really liked how different it was. If I get the time I might subtitle her letter if no one else gets to it first... We'll see :)