Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by JPope »

LMFAO! Boomer's gonna Boomer.  :wheely:

So yeah, if a mod wants to destroy this thread, that'd be great, lol.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

:D/

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Thanks, bro.

Now go watch Nigen Isu!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Johnny Kitagawa died, he was 87.  He went in on the 18th after collapsing. He had a brain aneurysm. 
Source

That's the end of an era for sure. I was never a big fan of his groups or music. But I know some people who are. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://twitter.com/JPopProjectNews/status/1156874407479926784

This is somewhat related to Hello! Project since every group but MM are performing there. But this doesn't strictly concern them. i★ris and Wa-Suta have had some threats made against them prior to their performances at Tokyo Idol Festival. And another group supposedly had some threats against the female fans of the group as well. Iris at this point have pulled out from the event, but I'm not sure about Wa-Suta yet. This is just worrying especially after the NGT48 assault incident and other incidents that have happened to idols in prior years.
Formerly Mizura
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I can't stop listening to this wonderfully sugar-cute English version of an animu opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp0w346xI28

Also, watch Bakemonogatari if you want a really good anime about talking and actually psychologically analyzing characters.
Sodachi best girl.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Avex's and LDH's YouTube channels are uploading several FULL length concerts to help make up for shows that have been cancelled due to Corona-chan (I forget who coined that the other day but I'm using it now).

Can't remember where I read this but I think I saw they will be up until the 31st?

I am very interested in watching Happiness and Tokyo Girls' Style myself.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Corona-chan" was coined, unsurprisingly, on 4-chan.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Fairies is breaking up
https://fairies-web.jp/news/detail.php?id=1084079
[/quote]
The weirdest thing in all of this to me is they never use the word "break up".  Kind of odd from the company who had one of the biggest breakups in modern pop.

Edit: oh, cause they're not officially breaking up: https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/06/17/kiji/20200617s00041000186000c.html

They're just stopping activities and the future is unknown.  Guess they're leaving the possibility of a second generation later on.
Last edited by Zoe on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sounds like Country Girls.

Not gonna lie, I only know that two girls of them had a dance off against Riho and Ayumi on a TV show. Oh, and that quite a few people wanted MM to dance like them (not in the dance off, but in their singles).
Still, they seemed decently popular. Sad for the fans.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I seem to remember liking a couple of their songs way back when Jpop Project radio was still on Radionomy, and thus easily accessible. 
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Fairies is breaking up
https://fairies-web.jp/news/detail.php?id=1084079
[/quote]

Oh I'm sad!! I went to a performance and handshake of them back in 2015 and they are such an irreverant FUN group - they lasted for a lot longer than I thought they would though, so heaps of good songs and memories. 

I'd really rather they didn't have a second gen, just split or don't.  
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Wasn’t sure if I should put this in music spam or Kpop spam, but y’all really need to check out Nizi Project/NiziU. They are a new Japanese group produced by JYP in collaboration with Sony. JYP is my favorite Kpop entertainment company so this is basically a dream come true for me. And the show to select the members was so entertaining even my sister (who isn’t really into the same music as me) watched every episode with me.

I think my favorite is Mako, she’s honestly perfect and I admire her work ethic so much.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I love them! Been listening to them nonstop.

I’m interested in Nina the most so far. Miihi is really popular in Japan, she’s cute too.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Kaworu
Juice=Juice

Post by Kaworu »

Mayuka FTW! Homegirl had a beautiful arc during the show, showing what hard work and commitment can do for you. Love her to death.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I looooovr Mihii
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I love NiziU so much! I'm torn between Mako and Miihi as my favorite right now.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Keyakizaka46 is going to have one more single before rebranding/renaming the group in October.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

NiziU is my new favorite idol group and my oshi is Rima.

They are doing an event to vote for their signatures right now. Each member designed 2 and fans vote which is best.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Today's Youtube Road To Who Knows Where led to me to GIRLFRIEND, a girl-rock band from Avex. They've been around since 2015, and a major act since late 2016. They're pretty good. They've got a playlist of professionally recorded rock and pop covers on their YT that is really impressive. Watch from the beginning and see them improve from 15 year old kids to 20 year old pros. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

Fashion Monster - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
FLASH- Perfume
Influencer - Nogizaka46
Arc Around - Sakanaction (this one is really cool)

And my favorite of their originals:

FULL HOUSE
Figure
Mirai List
Last edited by JPope on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

There's only a Nogizaka46 thread so concerning Keyakizaka46 I thought I'd post here...

Since they've gone downhill since Techi graduated they decided to rebrand: New name (to be announced), new image. Before doing so in October they'll release a last single digitally on August 21st.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I found out about Chuning Candy recently. An Okinawan based J-Pop/Idol group. Two of the members are American-Japanese so fluent in English. All are based in Okinawa. I suggest them to anyone here.

Here’s their YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNICnDPDTo8GIT_Du634Xw
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="220687" data-time="1595001502">
There's only a Nogizaka46 thread so concerning Keyakizaka46 I thought I'd post here...

Since they've gone downhill since Techi graduated they decided to rebrand: New name (to be announced), new image. Before doing so in October they'll release a last single digitally on August 21st.</blockquote>

They were going downhill before she graduated. They didn’t just lose her, she was the last of a string of very high profile member graduations (and of course, she didn’t graduate, she just resigned).
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^Oh, well. Guess they just broke completely afterwards. But there's still money to squeeze out of them :ph34r:

^^ Oh, they sound and look nice. The more I see of smaller, less known idol groups the more I wonder why people still act like H!P/UF is basically the seal of quality.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

H!P has a very low barrier to entry for foreign fans.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I found out about Chuning Candy recently. An Okinawan based J-Pop/Idol group. Two of the members are American-Japanese so fluent in English. All are based in Okinawa. I suggest them to anyone here.

Here’s their YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNICnDPDTo8GIT_Du634Xw
[/quote]
I love Chuning Candy! It's been a while since I've listened to them actually, I guess I need to catch up.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

[/quote]

Wow, talk about multiple group personalities. All of their singles are completely different. The "STAND UP! / Ai no Uta" is my favorite, as they're both really great Perfume rip-offs. "Ai no Uta" sounds like "Vitamin Drop" era Perfume, which I kind of miss. Fun stuff.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Wasn’t sure if I should put this in music spam or Kpop spam, but y’all really need to check out Nizi Project/NiziU. They are a new Japanese group produced by JYP in collaboration with Sony. JYP is my favorite Kpop entertainment company so this is basically a dream come true for me. And the show to select the members was so entertaining even my sister (who isn’t really into the same music as me) watched every episode with me.

I think my favorite is Mako, she’s honestly perfect and I admire her work ethic so much.
[/quote]

[quote="Saya"]
Yeah I love them! Been listening to them nonstop.

I’m interested in Nina the most so far. Miihi is really popular in Japan, she’s cute too.
[/quote]

[quote="Kaworu"]
Mayuka FTW! Homegirl had a beautiful arc during the show, showing what hard work and commitment can do for you. Love her to death.
[/quote]

[quote="Molly"]
I looooovr Mihii
[/quote]

[quote="Mukuro"]
I love NiziU so much! I'm torn between Mako and Miihi as my favorite right now.
[/quote]

I'm holding you guys responsible for getting me into the rabbit hole of Nizi Project and liking NiziU, lol... I decided to check them out after all and they are really good! I'm not going to decide yet who my favorite is until I watch through all of Nizi Project, but there isn't a single girl I dislike in the entire group. Currently I most like Nina, Mayuka, Rio, Rima and Riku myself, but really, they're all great. I think they all bring something wonderful and I love their dynamic.

I'm super excited to see where they go from here.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Seconding you on the there’s no one I dislike. In general I’ve been more into Kpop groups lately because they train so much and are just at a higher level than most Jpop idols. Whereas the girls I tend to not care about in H!P are those who lack skills.
rikako♡eripon♡airi