Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

AquaChan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by AquaChan »

Want to be on the verge of crying at work?

Watch Ayacho's graduation concert behind the scenes on Hello!Sta.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

https://twitter.com/JPN_ENG_Kanda/status/1149176746383536129

Here are some new pictures for the new MM girls to promote the summer concerts.

They look really cute. I remember people saying 12th gen (aside from Miki maybe) were a visual gen, but 15th gen are lookers as well - I'd say in a more idol way, though. Not gonna lie, especially Homare and Mei give me some oldschool mid-2000-ish vibes. Rio could be a member of the 48/46 groups though.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Has anyone figured out what percentage of today's H!P lineup started out as Eggs/Kenshuusei? I think I could identify most of them, but there are quite a few new girls now who did not come from KSS and I'd have to look up each, as well as any members of the current groups that I'm not sure about. I'm just trying to see if someone else already did the work.
Last edited by Madara on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Current lineup? You're probably talking like 80%-90% are eggs.... The only non-egg members are;

Kamikokuryou Moe
Ise Layla/Reira
Ikuta Erina
Ishida Ayumi
Sato Masaki
Nonaka Miki
Morito Chisaki
Kitagawa Rio
Okamura Homare
Ozeki Mai

I mean if you want to get technical and add a few more, Inoue Rei, Hirose Ayaka and Ogata Risa were part of NICE GIRLS PROJECT instead of KSS
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Current lineup? You're probably talking like 80%-90% are eggs.... The only non-egg members are;

Kamikokuryou Moe
Ise Layla/Reira
Ikuta Erina
Ishida Ayumi
Sato Masaki
Nonaka Miki
Morito Chisaki
Kitagawa Rio
Okamura Homare
Ozeki Mai

I mean if you want to get technical and add a few more, Inoue Rei, Hirose Ayaka and Ogata Risa were part of NICE GIRLS PROJECT instead of KSS
[/quote]

Wow, I figured it was a high percentage, but I didn't realize it was that high. Thanks, TicTac.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Ya know what I hate on Facebook in H!P Fans? The constant use of nicknames instead of the full names of the girls. There's so many new members in H!P that I haven't even learned all their real names. How the hell am I supposed to know their nicknames?! And yet I'll look stupid if I constantly have to ask who they're talking about. The latest is "Mimii" or "Miimi." Just infuriating.

That bothers me here sometimes, too, but it's not as egregious. (Probably because of the lower volume of posts.)
Last edited by Madara on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

You could always google "(nickname) hello project" to find out who people are referring too.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

Kamikokuryou Moe
Ise Layla/Reira
Ikuta Erina
Ishida Ayumi
Sato Masaki
Nonaka Miki
Morito Chisaki
Kitagawa Rio
Okamura Homare
Ozeki Mai

[/quote]

Well Inoue and Hirose maybe since they were KSS for about a month before Kobushi was formed, but Ogata was about like 5-6 months as a KSS?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mukuro"]
You could always google "(nickname) hello project" to find out who people are referring too.
[/quote]

Even better is to throw the nickname into the HP wiki search bar.

I love it when people use their own personal nicknames for girls as if the rest of the world knows what every random fan calls every H!P member.  :facepalm:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Nothing is wrong with Oharu!

New member nickname cheat sheet:

Beyooooonds
[spoilerbox]
Ichioka Reina = Icchan
Shimakura Rika = Rika-sama
Nishida Shiori = Shiorin, Nishi
Eguchi Saya = Saya-chan, Sayarin
Takase Kurumi = Kurumin
Maeda Kokoro = Maekoko, Koko
Yamazaki Yuhane = Yuha
Okamura Minami = Miimi
Kiyono Momohime = Hime, Purin
Hirai Miyo = Miyon
Kobayashi Honoka = Honorin
Satoyoshi Utano = Uutan, Satokichi
[/spoilerbox]

ANGERME
[spoilerbox]
Ota Haruka = Haa-chan
Ise Layla = Ebi-chan

Hashisako Rin = Rin-chan
[/spoilerbox]

Juice=Juice
[spoilerbox]
Kudo Yume = Tako-chan
Matsunaga Riai = Riai-chan
[/spoilerbox]

Morning Musume
[spoilerbox]
Kitagawa Rio = Kitario
Okamura Homare = Homa-chan
Yamazaki Mei = Mei-chan
[/spoilerbox]
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

This is like homework. :sad:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I mean, it's a lot easier now than when it was back in the early aughts. <get off my lawn>We had to work for our fucking fandom back then.</get off my lawn>
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="JPope"]
I mean, it's a lot easier now than when it was back in the early aughts. <get off my lawn>We had to work for our fucking fandom back then.</get off my lawn>
[/quote]

Legit though.

/edit This just made me think.  I joined the BBS when I was 17.  I am 34.  I know I took some breaks but I have been a member half my life.  Excuse my existential crisis.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha! I had a similar crisis when I realized that I had lived more years since leaving the Air Force than I had at the time I left.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="218413" data-time="1565708166"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="218404" data-time="1565658108">
I mean, it's a lot easier now than when it was back in the early aughts. <get off my lawn>We had to work for our fucking fandom back then.</get off my lawn></blockquote>

Legit though.

/edit This just made me think. I joined the BBS when I was 17. I am 34. I know I took some breaks but I have been a member half my life. Excuse my existential crisis.</blockquote>

This is one reason I haven't truly given up on H!P. Following them since 13-14 (now 30)... Probably joined here around that time, too. Sailor Moon and Pokemon are the only anime I will still somewhat watch. I remember seeing Sailor Moon in 1995 and buying the action figures and VHS from Toys R Us because that is the ONLY place that had it. Then Media Player came along... ????
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I joined when I was 10 or 11?  And I'm 25 now.  So I've spent more than half my life on this site haha.

I was checking out Cuca's new youtube channel.  She grew up really pretty, although it doesn't seem her singing really ever improved... I totally forgot she gave up on H!P for 48G LOL.  Can't say I blame her considering she auditioned so many times.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Cuca. There's a name I haven't heard in a while.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Wota in Translation just had a translation of how people got into HP with lots of stories from foreign fans in the comments, mine included.

Crazy to think that I've been involved with this board and particular community for almost exactly 18 years.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I’ve been on this site for 9.5 years and a fan of H!P for like 12~13 ish years, so exactly half my life.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Morning Musume now has an unprecedented seven consecutive generations in its lineup, with members from 9th to 15th.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

12ki is one month away from passing Riho's tenure in the group.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
12ki is one month away from passing Riho's tenure in the group.
[/quote]

Holy fucking LOL! The combined contributions of 12ki equals about a quarter of what Riho alone brought to the group. 

Will the 12th gen go down as the worst multiple-member generation in MM history? Who can challenge them for that ignominious title? 8th? 13th? I suppose they've still got time to improve their standing.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be fair 8th gen has been ignored forever, at least Maria gets to do some gravure work. And Miki gets some lines every now and then...

But to be honest, I agree.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think a strong case can be made for any of those three gens.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I feel like 5th gen were pretty useless till they (Takahashi and Niigaki) were the last ones standing. If Maria, Miki or Akane can last to the point where they can lead the group and succeed, then they will have redeemed their generation. If Takahashi or Niigaki left before becoming leaders, I doubt we would think so highly of them. 

It's hard for generations to come in after extreme generations. (Ex. 4th, 6th, 9&10th) 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I thought Takahashi was the best member of MM while she was in it (after Maki Goto left) and I never had any problem with Niigaki or Ogawa. Ogawa was especially good in skits and bits on Hello! Morning. Konno's another story, but I gave her an "A" for effort on a regular basis.

I enjoy watching the 12th Gen members perform, esp. Maria, who has a commanding stage presence thanks to being taller than everyone else, but she also really knows how to sell a song, an important quality for an MM member, IMHO. Her eyes, her smile, her gestures, her sweeping movements onstage add up to a consistently enthusiastic performer. And it's infectious. To me, the members who stood out the most at the New York concert were Maria and Maa-chan. Miki and Akane may not be ace material, but they make contributions to the ensemble. Not everyone can stand out. In a large group, some have to stand back and serve and they do that just fine.

I have yet to see the new members perform.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

There was at least still better line distro when 5ki first joined.  I say this as I've been recording a lot of songs from that era and been amazed at how much Konno was featured (who I love but come on).  Ganbacchae was basically a Maki, Nacchi, and 5th Gen feature.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They also just let them have their niche. Konno was never going to be a performer, but they pushed her on several shows and specials. Ai wasn't very charismatic compared to the rest of the group so they let her sing. Makoto had her comedy skits and Gaki... to be fair, Gaki really needed to stay for a long time. I've loved her since Bakajo, but she really only blossomed once most senpai were out. Her generation mates included.

Imagine 9ki up had the chances 5ki had. Kanon and Harunan would have been the BOMB on variety. But it's something you have to work on, not just go to occasionally.
Maria has decent variety potential as well, definitely more than the rest of 12ki (even though I think that Akane is a good talker).

I'm carefully hopeful for the new generation, though. They have at least a bit of character. Also, their eyes sparkle while performing, they don't look as lost as you'd expect from someone who just debuted. Or has been in the group for years. Looking at you, Miki.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The 5th gen started out rough, but it wasn't too long before most of them found their roles. It was really only Risa that needed extended time to establish herself.

[quote="DonJuan"]
Imagine 9ki up had the chances 5ki had. Kanon and Harunan would have been the BOMB on variety.
[/quote]

Totally.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="218509" data-time="1567006627">
Also, their eyes sparkle while performing, they don't look as lost as you'd expect from someone who just debuted. Or has been in the group for years. Looking at you, Miki.</blockquote>

Miki has a serious problem with eye contact and it drives me crazy. It’s like she never knows where to look and doesn’t really connect with the audience or the camera. Didn’t really notice it much until the spring concert. Kinda sucks to feel like your oshi doesn’t see you. :(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU