Riho joins Babymetal

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: Riho joins Babymetal

Post by al kusanagi »

I just wish they would have at least given her a mic. Everything sounds so wrong with only one of them doing the various backing chants.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
I just wish they would have at least given her a mic. Everything sounds so wrong with only one of them doing the various backing chants.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's odd. She looks great and fits right in, though. Her power style of dance is perfect for BM.

It's funny how "idol" their newer stuff is. It's like the entire purpose of the group has been to ease western rock fans into proper J-idol music.  :lol:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh, and I totally called this two years ago
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://twitter.com/front_R_shingo/stat ... 4724458498' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Riho in Brixton again</a>

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
If there's any way to find out if she'll be there for the Philly or NY venues in September I'll see y'all there.
[/quote]

I'm guessing they might also use her English skills when they travel abroad so personally I'd assume she'd be their go-to abroad dancer?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Double posting so that everyone can see this gem--she was also apparently at the Brixton concert as well (makes sense.)

More Riho for those who want to see her!

It's so crazy to me to have her gone almost completely MIA (sans two found videos of her at that dance class in NYC) to performing with one of the biggest groups out of Japan.... I mean she was in MM, but Babymetal is on a whole other level from MM internationally.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

SO RIHO IS ON THE US TOUR WITH BABYMETAL RIGHT NOW :eekrun:

pbs_twimg_com_media_EDqt3SdXoAEO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aine on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Damn, this girl is going places. This is pretty much the best way her career could have taken.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I was so up for this back in June but then decided not to go. It's just.... not enough. I don't exactly like BABYMETAL (sorry Aine) and Riho isn't the main so it's like, why.

I still lament not going to see MM in NY back in the day, though we could never have afforded it it's still my biggest regret. ????
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]
I was so up for this back in June but then decided not to go. It's just.... not enough. I don't exactly like BABYMETAL (sorry Aine) and Riho isn't the main so it's like, why.

I still lament not going to see MM in NY back in the day, though we could never have afforded it it's still my biggest regret.
[/quote]

That New York concert in 2014 is still the only time I've seen Riho perform live.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="218573" data-time="1567659717">
SO RIHO IS ON THE US TOUR WITH BABYMETAL RIGHT NOW :eekrun:

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?app=core&mo ... ch_id=1350' class="bbc_url" title="">pbs_twimg_com_media_EDqt3SdXoAEO.jpg</a></blockquote>

I’M GOING TOMORROW NIGHT WITH MY MM PENLIGHT IM SO PUMPED
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Damn, Dallas is 2.5 - 3 hours away, but I might have to do this.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah my dad got me Jethro Tull tickets as an early birthday present before I knew about the Babymetal tour and it's the same night ;_;
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="218576" data-time="1567698851">
I was so up for this back in June but then decided not to go. It's just.... not enough. I don't exactly like BABYMETAL (sorry Aine) and Riho isn't the main so it's like, why.</blockquote>

So I lied and we might go after all. ???? The temptation may be too great.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="218584" data-time="1567780937">
Yeah my dad got me Jethro Tull tickets as an early birthday present before I knew about the Babymetal tour and it's the same night ;_;</blockquote>

Oh no! So no meet up at the concert!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="218576" data-time="1567698851">
</blockquote>

So I lied and we might go after all. The temptation may be too great.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="218584" data-time="1567780937">
Yeah my dad got me Jethro Tull tickets as an early birthday present before I knew about the Babymetal tour and it's the same night ;_;
</blockquote>

Oh no! So no meet up at the concert!

[/quote]

THE Riho fan has got to go! (As long as it doesn't break the bank, of course   :umad: )
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The tickets for Philly are bought.  :wota: :eekrun:  :weeeh:  :heart:  :heart:    8o

And thanks, TicTac! Haha
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I really wanted to go, but since Ohmura won’t be there (the band is all Americans for this tour) AND there’s a good chance that one of the other dancers will be there instead of Riho (Momoko Okazaki was in DC), I’ve decided against it.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Thea"]
The tickets for Philly are bought.  :wota: :eekrun:  :weeeh:  :heart:  :heart:    8o

And thanks, TicTac! Haha
[/quote]

If you see an unreasonably tall blonde dude with glasses and weeb as fuck tattoo sleeves that's my DND DM lol  So bummed you're gonna be here and I can't make it though! HAVE FUN.
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

If all goes well I will keep an eye out Yuzu, haha. And worry not -- surely we can meetup sometime in the future! Not that far away now. :) Would have been fun, though!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="218627" data-time="1568031716">
I really wanted to go, but since Ohmura won’t be there (the band is all Americans for this tour) AND there’s a good chance that one of the other dancers will be there instead of Riho (Momoko Okazaki was in DC), I’ve decided against it.</blockquote>

This is indeed worrying. Better to have taken my chance and her not be there than to have missed it if she were there.... but I do hope it works out lol. That'd be a real bitch. ????
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Not to derail the thread but where are you at now???
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

PA! Right near Mansfield, about 4 hours from Philly. It was a 9 hour drive moving up here let me tell you.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I just learned they're in NYC this Sunday (why doesn't any TELL me anything anymore). But I don't want to go if Riho's not performing. Tickets are still available. Is there any way to find out for sure if Riho will be there?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

As far as I know, unfortunately no.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Thea"]
PA! Right near Mansfield, about 4 hours from Philly. It was a 9 hour drive moving up here let me tell you.
[/quote]

I have never been to Mansfield but that's where my best friend went to school haha
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="218645" data-time="1568118749">
I just learned they're in NYC this Sunday (why doesn't any TELL me anything anymore). But I don't want to go if Riho's not performing. Tickets are still available. Is there any way to find out for sure if Riho will be there?</blockquote>

Yeah... if they would just announce it it'd be a lot less stress for all of us.

Am I possibly losing almost 200 dollars, and Ryan as well? Maybe. ???? it would hurt more to miss it if she were there, however.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Guys, you'll have a great time whether Riho is there or not.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

One of my friends is going to the NYC show and I'm jealous of her. (Though she also lives a LOT closer to there than I do...) 

How I wish I had the money/means to go to the Chicago or Saint Paul shows but alas.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="218661" data-time="1568169471">
Guys, you'll have a great time whether Riho is there or not.</blockquote>

No offense meant JPope but if she isn't there I'm pushing my way out. Anybody have suggestions of things to do in Philly?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="218663" data-time="1568175929"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="218661" data-time="1568169471">
Guys, you'll have a great time whether Riho is there or not.</blockquote>
No offense meant JPope but if she isn't there I'm pushing my way out. Anybody have suggestions of things to do in Philly?</blockquote>

I’ve already got the Liberty Bell on our (whimsical lol) itinerary, so food, fun, sights, etc, ALL WELCOME!!! I love road trips and I’m excited to see what lies outside of my lil country town for a bit.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Franklin Institute, Reading Terminal Market, yakitori boy (karaoke). Honestly all the museums but FI is my favorite one.  And there are lots of parks in Philly that are great.  Also if you like beer there's tons of great breweries.
Kaori • Risako