Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by Madara »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="218509" data-time="1567006627">
Also, their eyes sparkle while performing, they don't look as lost as you'd expect from someone who just debuted. Or has been in the group for years. Looking at you, Miki.
</blockquote>

Miki has a serious problem with eye contact and it drives me crazy. It’s like she never knows where to look and doesn’t really connect with the audience or the camera. Didn’t really notice it much until the spring concert. Kinda sucks to feel like your oshi doesn’t see you. :(

[/quote]

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Miki waved at me from the stage at Hina Fes last year. The others did generic waves to everyone in the front row as they walked past us, but Miki singled me out, "a fellow American." Of course, I DID stand out in that audience.

In other news, yesterday marked the 14th anniversary of my becoming a fan of MM/H!P, so I re-watched the concert that started it all: H!P Winter 2004  where Nacchi graduates. Still one of my favorite concerts.
Last edited by Madara on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the H!P Winter 2005 concert (Kaori's graduation), Maki Goto and Aya Matsuura do a duet, the only time I've seen them perform together. Why didn't they do more together? A joint concert with the two of them around this same time (2005) would have been stupendous. Why didn't it happen?

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You should really watch this.

Also, this might explain why they didn't do more duets.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They did have the Nochiura Natsumi tour along with Nacchi.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I recently re-watched the Hello! Project 2007 Summer 10th Anniversary Dai Kanshasai ~Hello Pro Natsu Matsuri~ concert—easily one of the best ever—and I noticed something for the first time. The 9-member Morning Musume lineup in the summer of 2007 is exactly the same as the MM lineup in the summer of 2009 when they came to Los Angeles for their very first concert in America. And it would remain the same until Koharu graduated near the end of 2009. So the period from May 2007, when Yossie and Miki left, to late 2009, when Koharu left, marks the longest time a lineup went unchanged in MM history. And after bringing in 8th Gen in early 2007, no new members would join until 9th Gen in early 2011, making that three-and-a-half-year period the longest without new members in MM history.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

And that, is why it's called the Platinum era.  :party:

They need to update this graph but I've always enjoyed looking at it when it's been updated with the new generations.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Those graphics are pretty useful. They could probably squeeze the 15th in there, but it's running out of space. Gonna need a major redesign soon.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It's Miki's time at Henkka's 20th anniversary interview translations, and there's two things that I thought while reading it:

1st, Miki must have been very difficult to work with.

2nd, we need someone like that in the group again.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
— The current members have received renewed praise for their formation dancing. Does that affect your confidence in the group today?

Fujimoto: If we were to stand on stage together, I would not lose to them. Not in dancing and not in singing. If we were to appear on a variety show together, I would be the funniest person there. And even in cuteness, I would be number one — youth has got nothing to do with it. (laughs)
</blockquote>

:lol:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Maki Goto's take on current-day Mo Musu echos what most of us here have been saying for a few years now:

Back then, it used to be like this bundle of character; like a public co-ed school. Today, it feels like a private girls’ high school. They’re all such good girls, but I would like to see more of each of their personalities.</blockquote>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Damn, even Tsuji calls it out:

Tsuji: Compared to now, our dancing and unison singing was all over the place. But on the other hand, the personality of every one of us was so strong. Back then, we’d be told on a daily basis to treasure our individuality. We’d be warned not to have the same hair, fashion, or makeup as another member. Being given warnings like that, you become conscious of it. Without even noticing it, you become individualistic. Maybe that’s why people knew all our names.
<div> </div>
<div>— It’s true that personality-wise there’s no one quite as “eclectic” in the group right now as Tsuji-Kago.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsuji: I think it’d be okay even if there was someone like that in the current Morning Musume. I know they all have personality, so they should show it off more. As long as you don’t cause trouble to others like we did, you don’t need to behave perfectly. You’re young, so use that and let yourself go a little more. Keep putting yourself out there more and more!</div>
</blockquote>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Live rips of the two new MM songs:

KOKORO&KARADA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10N8NCuUCTzXjbzCHA_e6UnZvtUF9bsC1/view

There's also one for Hey! Unfair Baby but it doesn't work for me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i1b70VDEcjQgVtVE0iJooPKsdfQ4hBvO/view

I do need a better version of K&K. So far it does sound pretty similar to their recent stuff but there's something interesting about it.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Friendly reminder that today, 12th gen (minus Ogata) have passed Sayashi Riho in MM tenure.

Riho has been in the group for 4 years, 11 months and 29 days.

Nonaka Miki, Makino Maria and Haga Akane have been in the group for 4 years, 11 months and 30 days.

Next members to pass are by the way Ogawa Makoto (5y 0m 1d) and then Ishikawa Rika (5y 0m 21d).

:lol:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Where’s our resident member that lets us know such trivia? :( I miss them.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Where’s our resident member that lets us know such trivia? :( I miss them.
[/quote]

I was just wondering this the other day.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

It's truly amazing how little impression they have left on me in all that time lmao.

ETA: The 12th gen girls, I mean LOL.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Eh, it was cool to have someone here who kept up with these things.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Indeed. I know it's not the same, but looking at the current member's tenures I wanted to do a full member table like that person did all the time.

As of 09/30/2019,

Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months and 7 days

Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months and 22 days

Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months and 2 days

Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month and 4 days
Fukumura Mizuki is at 8 years, 8 months and 28 days

Ikuta Erina is at 8 years, 8 months and 28 days

Ishida Ayumi is at 8 years, 0 months and 1 day

Sato Masaki is at 8 years, 0 months and 1 day

Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months and 26 days

Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 5 months and 10 days

Iikubo Haruna is at 7 years, 2 months and 17 days

Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 0 months and 20 days
Oda Sakura is at 7 years, 0 months and 16 days

Yaguchi Mari is at 7 years, 1 month and 23 days

Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 5 months and 10 days

Kudo Haruka is at 6 years, 2 months and 12 days

Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months and 8 days

Suzuki Kanon is at 5 years, 4 months and 29 days

Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 1 month and 23 days

Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 0 months and 21 days

Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 0 months and 1 day
Nonaka Miki is at 5 years, 0 months and 0 days

Makino Maria is at 5 years, 0 months and 0 days

Haga Akane is at 5 years, 0 months and 0 days

Sayashi Riho is at 4 years, 11 months and 29 days

Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months and 27 days

Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months and 5 days

Fujimoto miki is at 4 years, 4 months and 25 days

Tsuji Nozomi is at 4 years, 3 months and 16 days

Kago Ai is at 4 years, 3 months and 16 days

Junjun is at 3 years, 9 months and 0 days

Linlin is at 3 years, 9 months and 0 days

Ogata Haruna is at 3 years, 8 months and 21 days

Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months and 26 days

Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month and 1 day
Kaga Kaede is at 2 years, 9 months and 18 days

Yokoyama Reina is at 2 years, 9 months and 18 days

Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months and 18 days
Morito Chisaki is at 2 years, 3 months and 4 days

Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 2 months and 9 days

Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months and 29 days
Kitagawa Rio is at 0 years, 3 months and 8 days

Okamura Homare is at 0 years, 3 months and 8 days

Yamazaki Mei is at 0 years, 3 months and 8 days
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

mm10fan, where are you?
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]
[/quote]

The 12th gen girls, not the stats keeper! LOL the statistics were interesting, albeit a somewhat painful reminder of how stale MM have been for awhile haha.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="218769" data-time="1569869179">
<div>
[/quote]

The 12th gen girls, not the stats keeper! LOL the statistics were interesting, albeit a somewhat painful reminder of how stale MM have been for awhile haha.

</div>
</blockquote>

Ah ha ha! Sorry. I thought that was unnecessarily cruel, even for you, lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

You know what?

I've never been a fan of her and she constantly ranks very low in my rankings. I don't think she's a good performer and judging from time and possibilities to improve she's been in the group way too long.

But I wouldn't mind Ikuta becoming the next leader.

I fear that up to even Nonaka every senior girl in the group has this strict kouhai-senpai thinking. It's very obvious with Mizuki and Sakura, but I think you can also lowkey sense it with Ayumi and Nonaka. (I think Masaki will graduate before she becomes leader - she'd definitely shake up some things, though.) Judging from clips like the 15ki introduction event it seems like Ikuta, while obviously a senpai, is a lot more open to kouhai like Yokoyan taking up big tasks. She might also encourage the new girls to pick up some kind of character - just like she herself tried to do.

Of course, the likeliness of this is basically zero since she has already hinted at management talking to her about graduation. She will probably graduate next year or the year after that. I guess I'll have to hope that, even though a mass exodus of senpai wouldn't be too bad, we won't be stuck with Sakura as the leader.

/EDITING, because I really don't want to spam :ph34r:

Birthday event digests of Hirose Ayaka and Inoue Rei: https://youtu.be/3kO2wOp6cvE

Ayapan is a great singer. I guess her stamina is her biggest problem (judging from Kobushi concerts), but if she's at her top she's at least Sakura's level.
Rei is a decent singer as well, but doesn't fit H!P's idol songs. Her voice needs more room to breath/vibrate/unfold (?) which doesn't fit with H!P's style of force-singing.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'm starting to wonder if Mizuki might have to be told to go at this point lol everyone has been expecting her to leave soon for like three years now.  I don't have anything against her in particular but yeah, as leaders go, she does give off a very traditionalist vibe that isn't really helping make the group any more interesting.  I really think this new trend of girls being lifers is part of why the group has gotten so stale - back when the group was having regular graduations, it seems like there was more a sense "you need to make your place in the group", because they might need you to step up to the plate at any time.  Platinum Era was only able to pull off their immovable lineup because those girls had already been put through the grinder of that Shabondama era where all the big OGs left one after another.  Nowadays,  everyone stays at H!P for a million years, so new girls get way too comfortable playing background dressing - comfortable and stagnant with very little pressure to assert themselves.  That's why I keep saying the group needs a massive shake up - something needs to force these girls out of their shells and I think 2 or 3 big graduations might be the only way to do it.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

As of 09/30/2019,

Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months and 7 days

Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months and 22 days

Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months and 2 days

Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month and 4 days
Fukumura Mizuki is at 8 years, 8 months and 28 days

Ikuta Erina is at 8 years, 8 months and 28 days

Ishida Ayumi is at 8 years, 0 months and 1 day

Sato Masaki is at 8 years, 0 months and 1 day

</blockquote>

Mizuki and Erina tied for 5th place and Ayumi and Masaki tied for 6th place. Who'd have guessed that eight years ago? I happen to enjoy all four very much and would hate to see them go, but the forces of nature and Up-Front being what they are, I don't think they'll beat out three of the four ahead of them to make it to 2nd and 3rd place. I think Mizuki's been a fine leader in light of all the changes the group has gone through over these eight years (losing five members and gaining eleven). No other MM leader has presided over such changes. I can't imagine who'd take her place and do so well...unless we go straight to Maria. She's the only one I'd trust to do it. But let Mizuki (and Sayumi privately) mentor her for a year or two first. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]
I'm starting to wonder if Mizuki might have to be told to go at this point lol everyone has been expecting her to leave soon for like three years now.  I don't have anything against her in particular but yeah, as leaders go, she does give off a very traditionalist vibe that isn't really helping make the group any more interesting.  I really think this new trend of girls being lifers is part of why the group has gotten so stale - back when the group was having regular graduations, it seems like there was more a sense "you need to make your place in the group", because they might need you to step up to the plate at any time.  Platinum Era was only able to pull off their immovable lineup because those girls had already been put through the grinder of that Shabondama era where all the big OGs left one after another.  Nowadays,  everyone stays at H!P for a million years, so new girls get way too comfortable playing background dressing - comfortable and stagnant with very little pressure to assert themselves.  That's why I keep saying the group needs a massive shake up - something needs to force these girls out of their shells and I think 2 or 3 big graduations might be the only way to do it.
[/quote]

<div>Fucking A. I don't know why this never occurred to me, but I think you're dead on here. Getting into MM is an 8-10+ year Golden Ticket depending on your age of entry now. You pretty much need to be involved in a scandal to leave current-day MM on anything other than your own terms anymore. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Although, are we sure that Ogata was not forced out to serve as an example to the others?</div>
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="218833" data-time="1570235602">
Although, are we sure that Ogata was not forced out to serve as an example to the others?</blockquote>

The college situation was totally plausible. She wouldn't have had enough going for her to continue after the group, and she couldn't pass the regular college exams. I wouldn't be surprised if her parents pushed her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zoe"]
The college situation was totally plausible. She wouldn't have had enough going for her to continue after the group, and she couldn't pass the regular college exams. I wouldn't be surprised if her parents pushed her.
[/quote]

Probably true. I imagine UF didn't fight too hard to dissuade her from leaving, though. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Off-topic, but ANGERME was in full force for a set they did last week. Wow.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="218829" data-time="1570217456">
<div>
[/quote]

<div>Fucking A. I don't know why this never occurred to me, but I think you're dead on here. Getting into MM is an 8-10+ year Golden Ticket depending on your age of entry now. You pretty much need to be involved in a scandal to leave current-day MM on anything other than your own terms anymore. </div>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, and in a way, it's part of what makes UFP such a good company to work for - they really let these girls rest on their laurels and collect money for 5 to 10 years even when they contribute practically nothing to the group lol but, as nice as it is, it's just boring.  Reading those 20th anniversary interviews, you get a sense that the OGs were under a shit ton of pressure, always worried they might lose their spot.  Mikitty especially emphasized that in her interview - fear that at any moment she might go from singing half the song in one single, to background duty in the next.  It doesn't sound like the funnest working environment, but I'd say there's a 90% chance it's exactly what made the group so interesting back in the day.  Everyone was giving 300% at all times to justify their own existence, preparing themselves to step in when the next girl graduates.

Speaking of graduations and pressure and ANGERME... I hope these graduations have the same effect on the new ANGERME girls.  Right now, they feel awfully superfluous.  I can only hope having three graduations back to back might force them to show what they're made of.  I don't dislike their new girls, but the problem is... I don't anything them.  They're just there.  I can't even remember their names lol.  It's kinda sink or swim at this point - they will either step up to the plate and make up for the loss of 3 members, or the group will begin to decline.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's a double-edged sword: a long-term lineup is great when they're good and self-motivated (Angerme), and boring when they're not (MM). I get the sense that Angerme is still in god hands for a while with 2nd and 3rd geners leading them, but beyond that, who knows? 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="218829" data-time="1570217456">
I'm starting to wonder if Mizuki might have to be told to go at this point lol everyone has been expecting her to leave soon for like three years now. I don't have anything against her in particular but yeah, as leaders go, she does give off a very traditionalist vibe that isn't really helping make the group any more interesting. I really think this new trend of girls being lifers is part of why the group has gotten so stale - back when the group was having regular graduations, it seems like there was more a sense "you need to make your place in the group", because they might need you to step up to the plate at any time. Platinum Era was only able to pull off their immovable lineup because those girls had already been put through the grinder of that Shabondama era where all the big OGs left one after another. Nowadays, everyone stays at H!P for a million years, so new girls get way too comfortable playing background dressing - comfortable and stagnant with very little pressure to assert themselves. That's why I keep saying the group needs a massive shake up - something needs to force these girls out of their shells and I think 2 or 3 big graduations might be the only way to do it.</blockquote>

I feel like it’s international fans that have been expecting her to leave for years, and that’s simply based off of her being the most senior member of the group. I don’t think Japanese fans have been anticipating her announcement.

H!P feels very much like a rich girls club lol. Most of them opted out of schooling so it’s no surprise they stick around is it? Not popular enough to be so busy that’s it’s a grueling schedule, not unpopular enough that they can’t make a living off of it. And the fact that almost none of the graduates have long term careers worth talking about doesn’t exactly make people feel good about post-grad prospects.
<p class="bbc_center">Image