Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by DonJuan »

Gotta be honest: You're not missing out. It's mostly "how do I make the people on stage as uncomfortable as possible".
Last edited by DonJuan on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I think the fact that it's in English makes it worse. We understand it, and Japanese "eroticism" is usually about something dirty between the lines, underneath some layers. Miki straight out saying "I'm coming" is way too obvious.

/EDIT: On a happier note, looking through Miyo's birthday goods...

Birthday shirts are back! :lol:

I could actually see myself wearing this casually or even at work. It's got some artistic feel to it.
[/quote]

That's a pretty cool shirt.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If I didn’t need a reason to start loving Hirai Miyo already, she pulled this trick out of her bag at her 2nd event birthday show the other day. Hopefully she can collab with Honoka and create something amazing. That would be epic.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
1. Boat ボート(作詞・作曲・編曲 平井美葉) (a story song about her feelings and skills written, composed, and arranged all by Hirai Miyo herself)

MC - After singing the song, she explains the story song is called "Boat" and wrote it herself. She wrote this song when she was in her 3rd year of high school. She went to prep school every day for exams and made a song because she wanted to escape from reality. She really wanted to play the piano and talk about it, but she didn't have that kind of skill, so she arranged it to be made. She says from now on, shes going to use her skills to share her feelings with everyone.</blockquote>

-from Jplop
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

https://www.facebook.com/JimmieRust/videos/1017837498549904/?t=14

I don't know if this will work for everybody, but it's 15th Gen doing "Suki na Senpai" at the MM concert, Kokoro + Karada, at Budokan. First time I've seen them perform and they're great.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I can't access FB videos since I nuked my FB account, but I'd love to see that.

<div>I saw this MM clip posted at Jplop, and it's pretty cute -- especially if you're a fan of Yokoyama. It's a compilation of the "Do it Do it Do it Do It" part of "Utakata Saturday Night" from several concerts spanning 2017-2019. Pay special attention at 2:05.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://youtu.be/4ZBkZuz-tL4</div>
Last edited by JPope on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I like the 15th gen, I've liked pretty much every gen as it came in--but it just ends up being false hope. There's never things inherently wrong with the girls, but the management keeps the gens and the group as a whole as bland as possible. No fun, silly songs that feature a new gen, no subunits, no tv appearances, no fun hairstyles/colors, no creativity. MM released ONE single in 2019 and couldn't be bothered to bring back shuffle units or anything to fill the spare time. Each girl could be pushed to be more, we see that in other H!P groups.... but since Tsunku left (or really, more from 2016-onward) the creative direction for MM has been "Play It As Safe As Possible." You start to see a slow decline in creativity and variety over the years until, well... here we are.

I just remember 12th gen and how excited I was for it, and how fun and amazing the Seishun Kozo (Another Ver.) was?? 

Anyway again, I like 15th gen. I'm rooting for them. But I can't have any expectations of new gens anymore.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219323" data-time="1576361669">

I saw this MM clip posted at Jplop, and it's pretty cute -- especially if you're a fan of Yokoyama. It's a compilation of the "Do it Do it Do it Do It" part of "Utakata Saturday Night" from several concerts spanning 2017-2019. Pay special attention at 2:05.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/4ZBkZuz-tL4' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/4ZBkZuz-tL4</a></blockquote>

Lol I love this. When my friends and I covered this song they all complained about that part; would’ve been fun to mix it up like they did!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219323" data-time="1576361669">

I saw this MM clip posted at Jplop, and it's pretty cute -- especially if you're a fan of Yokoyama. It's a compilation of the "Do it Do it Do it Do It" part of "Utakata Saturday Night" from several concerts spanning 2017-2019. Pay special attention at 2:05.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/4ZBkZuz-tL4' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/4ZBkZuz-tL4</a></blockquote>

Holy crap, this is adorable! It's so nice to see them having fun like that. Reina was especially adorable in all of them. I think I'll have to pay more attention to her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

15th Gen's "Suki na Senpai" at Bilibili.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

That was cute. I like pig tails girl.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Molly"]
That was cute. I like pig tails girl.
[/quote]

That's Yamazaki Mei :)
She's the youngest of the gen at 14 (her and Homare are only a month apart in age), but was in the Hokkaido KSS for about 3 years. Her color is "bright" green (AKA green.) Seems she can speak a bit of English since she's been studying it since she was a year old lmao.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Mei seems to be kind of over-looked from what I can tell, too, with fans being more excited about the raw-but-talented Rio and Homare. I really like all of them, but of the three, Mei really stands out to me. She comes off as more confident and polished, and I can see her being a center in the future. Rio has a calmness about her that's pretty impressive considering how new all of this is to her, and I wouldn't rule out future center-time for her, either. Homare looks like the classic "cute" member, but with a bit more talent than is usually associated with that role. If she can expand her usable range and learn some control, she could be fucking dangerous. 
Last edited by JPope on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Mei seems to be kind of over-looked from what I can tell, too, with fans being more excited about the raw-but-talented Rio and Homare. I really like all of them, but of the three, Mei really stands out to me. She comes off as more confident and polished, and I can see her being a center in the future.
[/quote]

Yuuup I really like her; she shot up to #2 in MM when I did the 2019 member sorting. I wasn't too surprised.... but she even surpassed Akane and Maria for me, which did surprise me a bit. I just hope management tries to take advantage of a new gen that's like this--lots of potential. 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Just gonna drop this here:

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OK yes I am very into that
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="219378" data-time="1577067765">
I just hope management tries to take advantage of a new gen that's like this--lots of potential.
</blockquote>I kinda want them to form a temporary unit and release a digital single or something. It would be a nice way to highlight them.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^^^Oh, nice. They should do shootings like this more often.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Holy crap 9th gen are entering their 10th year as members and 10th gen aren’t far behind. I can’t believe it’s been so long, where did the time go.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
Holy crap 9th gen are entering their 10th year as members and 10th gen aren’t far behind. I can’t believe it’s been so long, where did the time go.
[/quote]

It went into lots of great concerts, all sitting on my shelves in either DVD or Blu-ray copies that I can watch any time I want--and frequently do.
Last edited by Madara on Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I gotta tell you, the fact that the 12th gen have entered their 6th year is more alarming to me. Has a single generation given us fewer memorable moments over 5+ years than the 12th?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

7th
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Jesus Christ, 7 years???? 12th gen are like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse bringing death to MM.

The only one I like is Maria, but she can’t sing well :(
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Jesus Christ, 7 years???? 12th gen are like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse bringing death to MM.

The only one I like is Maria, but she can’t sing well :(
[/quote]

It's so frustrating because I like the remaining 3 members, Haga and Makino especially. But their gen has just fallen so flat. As always, I don't think it's completely their own fault as much as it's management's decisions but it still is rough to think they've been in for like 7 years and have squat to show. Maria got one solid song as center (Sou Janai), and two smaller features (Are You Happy and Ningen Kankei), but has mainly been cast aside for some reason. Poor Haga, Ningen Kankei is like the biggest feature she's ever gotten, and Ningen is also Nonaka's biggest feature since Jealousy Jealousy.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I checked a bit of H!P lately and wanted to drop by this forum.

First things first I like MM's new single and love the idea the 2 coupling songs. I'm glad I like this single better cause the songs were just so bad and blah that all the previous singles just blended to me, I can't even tell you which year is that ginza song from, I can't even say which one was the first song without haruka.
On other side, the new gen is so good, 15th gen I think? The 3 of them stand out and rio(?) seems to sing fine. Chisaki tho, she needs to leave or really get herself into being in MM, cause I can't even notice her and the few times I do she looks so out of it. The fact that they are kinda using her as a 2nd dancer to Ayumi (kind of like they did with Erina sometimes) makes me think that they don't even know wtf to do with her in the group (like erina too)
And btw is mizuki still the most popular? I don't even know anymore since there's virtually no pushes in the group currently, the same line and dance distribution in every single besides sometimes maria.

It just hit me that juice juice had at some point their entire original line-up plus ruru and manaka, they were so powerful that I kinda regret not being around during that time, but I can catch up now. I saw yuka isn't there anymore but there's a new gen, have they had any singles with them yet? are they any good? and while I'm at it is kobushi any good? I stopped checking on them cause I thought their music was kinda going downhill.
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]
And btw is mizuki still the most popular? I don't even know anymore since there's virtually no pushes in the group currently, the same line and dance distribution in every single besides sometimes maria.
I saw yuka isn't there anymore but there's a new gen, have they had any singles with them yet? are they any good? and while I'm at it is kobushi any good? I stopped checking on them cause I thought their music was kinda going downhill.
[/quote]

I'd say Mizuki is still in the top "most-popular" members, especially for J-wota. 

The only release Juice=Juice has had with the new 4th gen (Matsunaga Riai and Kudo Yume) was this re-recorded song of theirs, Hitori de Ikiraresou tte. So not an official new single yet. Matsunaga's singing voice is a pretty close ringer to Ruru, actually. Her solo of that song starts @2:00 until 2:05. Matsunaga is more the chill type and Kudo is more cutesy (generalizing).

Kobushi's vocals are definitely good--most people here on the forum loved their last album. Depends what you like in a group... if it's singing then you'll love Kobushi.

Couple other things to add since you've been away: Tsubaki is the best-selling group behind MM right now, and you need to check out H!P's newest group BEYOOOOONDS. Comprised of a bunch of KSS and a couple newbies. They skipped releasing indies and went straight to debut, selling just under 100k copies. 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

12th gen was named in September of 2014, so they started their 6th year last September (2019). 

Sato seems to be the most popular member both overseas and in Japan. And Derby, this is a good time to return to H!P. 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Masaki is definitely the most popular. I don't think it's even close for the others.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I watched both discs of Hello! Project 2019 Summer - Beautiful Harmony – and I was finally able to recognize and identify each of the new members of Morning Musume (Rio Kitagawa, Homare Okamura, Mei Yamazaki), Angerme (Rin Hashisako) and Juice=Juice (Yume Kudo, Riai Matsunaga). The new members are missing from the first numbers of their respective groups in each disc, but join them for all subsequent numbers. With one exception. Homare Okamura does not perform in any MM number in either disc. But she's there because they bring her out for an MC segment introducing the six new girls on each disc.

So why didn't she perform? Does anyone know?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

She ended up being diagnosed with a lumbar injury mid-tour, I believe.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Don't know if we have any vinyl hounds in the house, but for a limited time, you can get a few classic H!P albums on vinyl from CD Japan. The first two Berryz albums, MM's Second Morning and 4th "Ikimasshoi", and Ayaya's First Kiss are all available through Feb 19th.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://twitter.com/hipnewsservice/status/1215189871117197312</div>