Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by momoirosaya »

The ANGERME pick is exciting, the JJ one is kind of disappointing considering she just had a whole tour. There’s 2 girls that could be for those mad about spoilers.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The BYNDS one is very exciting.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm surprised nobody posted the results, not even in spoilers...

[spoilerbox]Image[/spoilerbox]

Here ya go.

Not too interested in the Beyooooonds one, because she already had a solo last year.
It's a weird year when one of the most interesting soloists is Kiki.

Opions on the soloists in a bigger spoiler:

[spoilerbox]
Kiki isn't a great singer, but Tsubaki has good line distribution so I'm somewhat interested in her singing a whole song.
Maria ... as much as I like her and her performances (Anataboshi with Rikako and Kaede was fun!), her voice is really turning me off lol.
Miyo's solo last year was great, but I would have loved to see another Beyooooonds girl instead. I also think she's one of the more pushed members (if there's something like that in Beyooooonds). Would have loved to see Honoka or Saya.
I love Tomoko, but as Saya said, after her tour this is a bit of a meh pick.
Hamachan is Kobushi's weakest singer (which doesn't say much to be fair), but the acapella songs are basically her solos. Disappointed.
I don't know much about Rin yet so this is probably the most interesting pick.

Generally saying: It's kind of weird to have them pull out of a "group box", but it makes sense considering Morning Musume is only there for one day...
This year's HinaFes is different, and I'm not sure if it is in a good way.
[/spoilerbox]
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Homare and Mei recording their lines for "No Way Wa. Homare seems to be improving.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Wow did they give Mei some harmony lines to try out?

That's what I'm talking about. Push them! Love when Taisei is in charge of recordings too :)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sasaki Rikako has graduated...
...from being an exclusive model for the magazine Seventeen.
:eekrun:
Don't you just love it when people create headlines like these?

https://twitter.com/angerme_upfront/status/1234109022904565760
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I noticed she wasn’t in the last issue. I paged through it at a bookstore.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="DonJuan"]

[/quote]

Quite an adrenaline rush right there  :confused:
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]

[/quote]

I would punch you if you here right now.  :rofl:
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="DonJuan"]

[/quote]

The saddest thing about this is even when I thought you were being for real, I wasn't shocked. xD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I am many years late but I just recently bought a cheap copy of Matsuura Aya’s First Kiss and holy crap it’s an almost perfect album. I’ve looped it about 5 times in my car already.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I am many years late but I just recently bought a cheap copy of Matsuura Aya’s First Kiss and holy crap it’s an almost perfect album. I’ve looped it about 5 times in my car already.
[/quote]

This was the first CD I physically bought myself in Japan!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="220117" data-time="1584727585">
I am many years late but I just recently bought a cheap copy of Matsuura Aya’s First Kiss and holy crap it’s an almost perfect album. I’ve looped it about 5 times in my car already.</blockquote>
The albums ends perfectly with Hajimete Kuchibiru wo Kasaneta Yoru too ???? Ayaya is great.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
[/quote]

How ever much you spent on it was a bargain. Tsunku was a total savant at that point, and Ayaya was effortless at every aspect of being an idol. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Murota currently giving her graduation speech to an empty hall. Sad.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="JPope"]
Murota currently giving her graduation speech to an empty hall. Sad.
[/quote]

;_;
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hurtan staying in UP Front as an OG.

Why? The? Rush?!

Especially since she basically line jumped Funaki to do it.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

This point absolutely, but also: Why the heck did she want to leave ANGERME then? I get staying with Up Front when you already have something going for you (Dawa's art and liberation stuff, Harunan's geeky stuff and virtual idol, Duu's and Mano's acting) or when you're just done with your career and want to do occasional events to get some income and not die of boredom (Maimi, Nksk, most of the OGs). Murotan announced her graduation on the ground that she'd like to "try new experiences in music and possibly acting". I mean, sure, she can try the occasional OG acting. And hey, Harunan's virtual idol stuff was pretty new! (by Up Front standards.)

Either she's got a shotgun marriage upcoming or there really is something fishy with Anju.
Part of me thinks it's because Kawamuu was made subleader over Murotan, but regarding everything that's been said it's more likely they announced Kawamuu as subleader because Murotan had plans to leave soon. Then again why was Kawamuu chosen over Rikako :confused: *
*I know the official reasons of course, that Kawamuu has great work ethics and that she actively wants to make Anju better, but well...
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Some of them stay with the company but then don’t really do anything. She very well might take a hiatus for the next year plus.

But also, the Angerme she joined is very different than the one she left. Sure, she probably won’t end up doing anything she couldn’t have done while in Angerme, but now she doesn’t have to deal with all the commitments that come with being a full time idol.

As for the rush, who knows. I feel like if it was serious she would have just been kicked out. But I guess you never know.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sugoi Yabai translated an interview with Nonaka Miki about her decision to take a break of two months to study abroad (which happened from December 2018 to February 2019, you guys might remember).

Very interesting points. Back then I thought it was rather weird and a bit inappropriate to leave the group, especially since it made her miss the countdown and winter concerts. I didn't know it was a suggestion from Tsunku - probably another one of those points where I disagree with him.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha! I was just coming here to link this interview. It's a good read. They really should give Miki a weekly YT live-stream to chat with fans in English. She could have other H!P idols on to do Q&A with the chat, or just on her own. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It would be great if they finally get around to make a use of it. It feels like they haven't made use of English since Aika left (or rather, even before that).
There are so many possibilities, especially now that everyone has a bit more free time since concerts etc. are cancelled. Make it "Miki's surprise English lessons", or as you mentioned some fan chat - "Miki Going Worldwide" or something. Get a funny cheesy catch line and get working.
I think that's also why I've been so meh about her going on hiatus because of this. She did not have a chance to actively use it.

- - -

On another note, Kobayashi Honoka news. Or rather, the news of me slowly falling for the girl.
A few of her piano pieces have already been posted in this thread so I'm skipping that. Seems like Honoka has another talent: Drawing. Here's a blog post with a drawing and here's an instagram post with Miku.
Idk how many of you follow the girls on instagram, but Maria has also started uploading some drawings. I think these two are really talented. It's pretty classic shoujo style, but actually something that could be published like that.

Also, on their radio show Honoka mentioned learning German. I'd really love seeing her and Risamaru doing a little skit or something with German vocabulary thrown in randomly.

Once again I feel like a lot of these girls are great and have potential, but they're not good at presenting and selling themselves or are very limited through management. Sigh.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

They really wouldn't even have to put any money or energy into it - give Miki a camera and have her film a video once per week teaching a random member some phrase in English.  Make it a corner on HaroSute, most of the other ones are painfully boring if I'm entirely honest.  Guaranteed it'd be cute as hell and fun for international fans and Japanese fans alike.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Yes yes yes lets bring back the surprise English lessons! I was thinking they should have done that with her since they added her and said she could speak English.

Made by Haru!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Not exactly what we hoped for, but Miki started doing "English lessons" on her instagram.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Meh.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Beyooooonds are spending their free time being amazing as I expected them to be. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/UnXcnhKzazA' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/UnXcnhKzazA</a>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^As a follow up, Hoshibe Sho uploaded the sheet music toToei Oedo-sen no Roppongi-eki de dakishimete. H!P is actually doing well connecting with the fans during the quarantine.

In general, if you're okay with Instagram, check Beyooooonds' official account. They're posting good videos.

Okamura Minami doing a "Tanoshii Miimii" corner, learning/teaching/talking (?) about English. One is about counting to ten, another one is her telling Humpty Dumpty's story: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-4b6XNFtUL/
Satoyoshi Utano painting eggs: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-4UVHnFFju/
Hirai Miyo doing dance covers, like Anju's Myouban, Galaxy Gekijou de: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-wAVl3l0fz/

Of course some of them are boring or whatever. But I like how different they're all from each other. I wouldn't call Takase Kurumi doing metall puzzles particularly interesting, but Kiyono Momohime practicing beatboxing can be, if you have interest in Momohime and/or beatboxing.

They're good kids.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Miyo’s Anata Nashi... dance is so cool.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sorry if I'm annoying, but I'm really happy about how H!P gives us a decent amount of content in this time.

Beyooooonds' Megane no Otoko at home version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxY4klwBHQk
Seems like they're lending Honoka to other groups now, she played the piano for Juice's at home Hitori de Ikiraresoutte https://youtu.be/SzT8egftveQ :lol: