Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by WonderBuono »

Ugh, it's so hard because I really want to support these girls in following their idol dreams but I don't want to support the horrible companies they work for. 48G is the worst and I don't know why I haven't completely boycotted them yet. To tell a girl weighing 92 pounds to lose weight?? Disgusting. She is short but going any lower than that would put her in the underweight category I think.

And from the way she's talking about it, it sounds like she's saying "it's ok to want to lose weight, just be careful how you do it" (y'all correct me if I'm reading into this wrong), but like??? no girl at some point you have to be happy with your weight and put your energy into more productive things.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Maki Goto has been doing a Youtube gaming show and she talked a little about her weight gain and loss when she was around 17 in a recent episode.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="220513" data-time="1591330269">
Ugh, it's so hard because I really want to support these girls in following their idol dreams but I don't want to support the horrible companies they work for. 48G is the worst and I don't know why I haven't completely boycotted them yet. To tell a girl weighing 92 pounds to lose weight?? Disgusting. She is short but going any lower than that would put her in the underweight category I think.

And from the way she's talking about it, it sounds like she's saying "it's ok to want to lose weight, just be careful how you do it" (y'all correct me if I'm reading into this wrong), but like??? no girl at some point you have to be happy with your weight and put your energy into more productive things.</blockquote>
She’s saying that she went on a super restrictive diet her first year and she eventually began stress eating and gained all the weight back plus more and that she had started throwing up and that even now she worries about not being fit into her costumes. Her only statement about the merits of dieting is that extreme dieting is not okay.

The person who translated though says they did not translate her last tweet on the matter because of what she said, though.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ogata Haruna also talked about on her channel about issues with weight and dieting, but hers is more about her own issues as growing up in the public eye, not that UF suggested it to her.

I like Haachin more as a Youtuber than I ever did in H!P. She’s the type more suited for the 48group style idol.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Saya"]
 She’s the type more suited for the 48group style idol.
[/quote]

Yeah, she'd probably still be in the business had she auditioned with Aki-P instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I finally got an Apple Music trial and decided to spend my Friday night obsessing over creating a playlist so here you go: Hello! Project 2020 MIX.

It's every song [available on Apple Music] that was released, performed, or re-released (like as part of an album) in 2020. I'm actually surprised at how long it is given all the cancelled events this year. (I would've been up all night if we'd had any more!)

It's not entirely in the order I intended but I'm too tired to fight with it anymore. It's generally how I want it and it's really intended to be shuffled.
Enjoy!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You are an all star! I usually play the H!P playlists people make via Apple Music at work because sifting through various H!P groups/songs is way too time consuming to do when you’re supposed to be working and my mood changes daily on who I want to listen too. I don’t listen to H!P stuff every day but when the mood strikes, I have a mighty need.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I don't have apple music, but that's really cool!

I wanted to compare current sales for Anju and Juice to think about how well their covid single (as in, no handshakes) will do, and i found out that Juice only has 13 (major) singles, while being in the business for 7 years.
And it seems like 2020 will be their 4th (!) year with only one single physical release.

2015 - Wonderful World / Ca va Ca va (when they were first dropped by management)
2017 - Jidanda Dance / Feel! Kanjiru yo (after that they got Ruru and Yanami, and to be fair Fiesta Fiesta followed that year, but not under their ongoing counting system since it was a digital release)
2018 - SEXY SEXY / Naite Ii yo / Vivid Midnight (that was the year when Karin was out early - they still released the single and an album later that year)
2020 - Pop Music / Suki tte Itte yo (well, Covid)

...also, I totally forgot that Anju's last single is their best selling single ever.
I guess they had "reasons" (2015 was also the year of their first album and 2017 they were in a reconstruction phase), but still, phew.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="DonJuan"]
...also, I totally forgot that Anju's last single is their best selling single ever.
I guess they had "reasons" (2015 was also the year of their first album and 2017 they were in a reconstruction phase), but still, phew.
[/quote]

Being the first without Ayacho too.
Anju sales aren't that good thought. :/ 
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Does anyone have a place to download H!P singles (especially OG ones) anymore? Popcorn love died, then they took down their drive as well... and aidoru-online doesn't have most of Ayaya! It's a scandal! Anyway, any recommendations?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I honestly just use Apple Music now. Their H!P section is big. But doesn’t have everything. (No Miki!) is Jpopsuki still a thing?
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, I forgot about Jpopsuki! Thanks, Q!
Kaworu
Juice=Juice

Post by Kaworu »

You can find a lot on Soulseek as well :)_
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="220510" data-time="1591322432">
She's only tangentially related to H!P so feel free to move this (I wasn't rly sure where to put it), but Cuca plans to leave STU48 and <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://twitter.com/fryan_get/status/12 ... 99938?s=20' class="bbc_url" title="External link">recently opened up about being forced to diet down from 92 lbs to 80 lbs via bulimia and anorexia</a> while she was working under 48G :( it just made me sad because I feel like H!P is a lot less strict about making the girls look a certain way (although of course we have still had some girls go on worrying diets and rumors of disordered eating). It's a shame she never passed an H!P audition.</blockquote>

Relevant to this even though she technically belongs in the OG thread. Ogata talks about her weight issues while an idol:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB7eObXo ... =emb_title' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB7eObXo ... b_title</a>

Says she weighed 35kg (77lb) at her lowest. She goes into more detail. No exercise, no carbs, no eating after 5/6pm. Says she would get comments from fans about her weight that didn’t help either.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Remember that Nakanishi Kana mentioned she wanted to study business administration/management after her graduation? Well she probably hasn't graduated after half a year, but she's started her own business. She sells little accessories and some goodies (like totebags and shirts). The brand is called Solpenna.

I think it's interesting that there's been some girls lately who started their own brands. We've been talking about some of them only sticking around because they've got nothing else to do, but apparently some do branch out.

Out of my head, the girls with businesses:

Natsuyaki Miyabi - PIMMY (clothing)
Hagiwara Mai - With Mii (clothing)
Ikuta Erina - ELEYVS (golf wear)
Nakanishi Kana - Solpenna (accessories)

And while it's not that big, girls like Katsuta Rina, Miyazaki Yuka and Iikubo Haruna did collaborations with some brands for their own fashion lines.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I think Takahashi was way out in front of them, so most probably got help getting set up from her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Nothing in her line really stands out at all. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^They’re definitely what’s tending now in Japan though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Damn, Maria is a pretty solid artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLkNfjz2aE
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

She drew Luffy from One Piece on her previous drawing stream and since Sanma apparently knows him, he got the creator of One Piece to comment on her drawings.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Talks of Tsunku originally planning to put Dambara Ruru into Morning Musume and being forbidden by Up Front are making the rounds on twitter.
https://twitter.com/ainogundan/status/1289580171582824449
https://twitter.com/tsunkuboy/status/1289617173149753344

Don't get me wrong, Ruru is amazing in Juice. She'd probably shrink like a flower without water in Morning Musume.
But also, Up Front :doh:

12th gen! Of all gens! 12th gen was so thin in talent!
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Ruru's talent alone would have made up for half of 12ki.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

At the end of the day she isn’t doing anything in JJ that she wouldn’t have done in MM. The groups are all so interchangeable at this point. Being in MM used to be the key to outside work and now no one really does much of anything outside the one single a year and touring.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ruru would have shone in MM. She would have been an instant star, because she'd have been the only one to challenge Sakura at any level.

Honestly, a 12th gen of Ruru, Miki and Maria would have been solid.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah but if she wasn’t popular enough she would have eventually become a background member. Maria always would have won out because she has the looks and Ruru doesn’t.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't think she'd get relegated to back row duty with that voice of hers. Sakura wasn't very popular for the first few years after she joined, and she was never stuck in the back.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

In the end I'm glad that it's Juice and not MM, mostly because I haven't really loved any MM track in years - and when I did, it was songs that didn't need strong singing to begin with lol.
If they added her in 12th gen I bet many people would have forgiven adding Akane or Oharu. They'd probably even forgiven re-adding Aika at that point, simply to have another good singer in the group.

I looked back into the 12th gen auditions. Ruru participated in the first one, the one without winners. Looking at the wikia page this is how it ended:

"Tsunku himself stated that some of the girls were really good and might be too good for Morning Musume which makes them stand out too much, and some girls were not that good which would have made them work too hard. The line-up at this moment is perfect for him."

I mean we won't know if this was his final personal decision, but considering he has no final vote in who really gets in it might be an agreement of him with the higher ups. The audition was cancelled in August 2013, at that point Sayumi probably already thought about graduating, but Riho was still going strong, so they were in no real danger of losing a power center/ace - that's where the "the line-up is perfect" comment might come from.
And I guess the ones that "stood out too much" were Ruru, and maybe Funakki. I doubt that it was Tsunku who didn't want to add strong members, though, since he previously talked about how he'd like Fukumoto Manaka to join the group - she's a good singer who later joined Little Glee Monster :ph34r:

Big mistake of not adding Moe in the second audition, though. Imagine choosing Moe over Oharu. (Though I'm pretty sure Tsunku had even less of a say in the second audition.)
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like I stopped liking MM when Tsunku left H!P. They just don’t stand out anymore.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Big mistake of not adding Moe in the second audition, though. Imagine choosing Moe over Oharu. (Though I'm pretty sure Tsunku had even less of a say in the second audition.)
[/quote]

I think Moe's progress might have been stifled in MM, as opposed to Ruru who I think would've flourished no matter which group got her. Moe's good -- definitely above average for an idol -- but not Ruru good, and I wonder if she would have been less motivated to improve in a group where she was immediately one of the best singers, as opposed to Angerme where she was surrounded by talent.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Saya"]
I feel like I stopped liking MM when Tsunku left H!P. They just don’t stand out anymore.
[/quote]

Pretty much, they all blend together nowadays.  I still haven't learned the "new" ANGERME girl's names and they joined, what, 2 years ago? lmao 

I don't understand why UFP wants to INTENTIONALLY keep the groups bland.