Hello!News Network :: 2023; 25 Years of Noisy Girls!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2018 Anniversary Edition

Post by Solarblade »

She might as well graduate if she wanted to leave that badly, tbh
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The lag in response was making me think it was fake but damn. I agree with Solar, why stay if that’s how you feel?

I think this deserves its own topic.

Edit: she said other girls were thinking about leaving too. I wonder who they are.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

http://www.helloproject.com/news/12467/

Oota Haruka is returning to H!P, but she is no longer an Angerme member.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sounds full 48 group. Demoted. They just don't mention whether she'll be part of the KSS, or at least I didn't read it.
Good for her, though, I guess. I wonder what they'll do.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Someone on twitter says she’s returning as a trainee, I don’t know if it’s explicitly stated or implied. But we know they’re not bringing her back as a soloist so Kenshuusei seems like the only logical spot.

But, now she’s about to be 17, which makes her chances of (re-)debut much lower.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

True. Well, if she re-joins the Hokkaido KSS the group will look a bit livelier again (since Ishiguri is the only active member right now).
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="DonJuan"]
True. Well, if she re-joins the Hokkaido KSS the group will look a bit livelier again (since Ishiguri is the only active member right now).
[/quote]

I wonder if going back to Hokkaido, both due to hiatus and the pandemic, had a factor.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Up Front seems too lenient sometimes, although I suppose that's preferable to being heartless hard-asses. Based on what was made public, I'd have shit-canned her immediately.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yeah, it's hard to tell if they're just being diplomatic to avoid conflict/issues with fans, or if they're being extra mindful of the girls' mental health. Whatever the reason, it's probably a softer blow to handle than immediately getting fired and scorned by the public and media. As long as it doesn't do more harm, I'm fine with this method... Not sure how it'd work if either Oota or Ogata rejoined the main hub, but I'm alright with this more gentle method. The only big annoyance is it leaves things up in the air for fans.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don’t think Oota is really that popular that they’re trying to avoid making her fans angry. I think it’s just H!P being nice. Have they ever just straight fired anyone for a first time offense?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean who actually got fired? Kago, Fujii Rio and Taguchi Natsumi - and from what we know it looks more like Natsumi herself cancelled the contract.
For Kago it was the second offense (and she broke the law after all; I wonder though if they would have let her go if it was just the smoking without the whole "dating an older man who's already married" thing) and they apparently talked the whole thing over with Rio and her family, without Rio actually changing her behavior. So nah, I think they're really nice.

But from what I made out of it now it seems like they put Oota in the same category with Nomura Minami and Murota Mizuki - still under the agency, but missing in action. She's not listed under Hello! Project anymore.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Another ~The Ballad~ concert at Budokan has been announced, taking place on December 2. This time the members will sing all H!P ballads and medium tempo songs.

It seems like groups will sing their original songs, but then there's also "half and half" units:

Unit 1

Morning Musume. '20: Fukumura, Haga, Yokoyama, Okamura
Beyooooonds: Ichioka, Shimakura, Eguchi, Kobayashi

Unit 2
Morning Musume. '20: Ikuta, Sato, Oda, Kaga, Yamazaki
Tsubaki Factory: Niinuma, Kishimoto, Tanimoto, Onoda

Unit 3
Morning Musume. '20: Ishida, Nonaka, Makino, Morito, Kitagawa
Tsubaki Factory: Yamagishi, Asakura, Ono, Akiyama

Unit 4
ANGERME: Takeuchi, Sasaki, Funaki, Ise
Beyooooonds: Takase, Nishida, Okamura, Satoyoshi

Unit 5
ANGERME: Kawamura, Kamikokuryo, Kasahara, Hashisako
Juice=Juice: Takagi, Miyamoto, Inaba, Inoue, Matsunaga

Unit 6
Juice=Juice: Kanazawa, Uemura, Dambara, Kudo
Beyooooonds: Hirai, Maeda, Yamazaki, Kiyono

The Kenshuusei are also mentioned in the cast.

- - -

Seems like Karin and Funakki aren't graduating anytime soon.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I do feel like if they want to, they’ll announce any Angerme additions with this concert since it’s an actual H!P style concert. Those auditions should be over by now.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Seems like Karin and Funakki aren't graduating anytime soon.
[/quote]

Excellent!

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I do feel like if they want to, they’ll announce any Angerme additions with this concert since it’s an actual H!P style concert. Those auditions should be over by now.
[/quote]

Did the 'rona affect the auditions?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I thought auditions were on pause.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Saya"]
Yeah I thought auditions were on pause.
[/quote]

It was on pause during the spring lockdown, but there was an announcement in June that it would start back.
From H!P Wiki, apparently the last round happened in August, so we should expect results soon enough...
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

If there are any winners :ph34r: Sure, Anju lost many members over the last 14 months, but I feel like the group could need a break. Rin still feels so new. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I also wonder if they'll want to add any new members before the future of the business becomes more certain.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

So, about Funakki and Karin staying for a while... their new graduation dates have been announced. https://mobile.twitter.com/JPN_ENG_Kanda/status/1319553355425804288

Funaki Musubu: December 9th

Miyamoto Karin: December 10th

Both times at Budokan, at least.

I hope Japan doesn't get a second wave of Corona like many European countries are caught in right now.

/EDIT: Official notices:
Funakki: http://helloproject.com/event/detail/c67ee45a244da49ba4df851aa51e765591ad7653/
Karin: http://helloproject.com/event/detail/b340ee127dd2feed7e7371fc148a1a41bfeecdd9/
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Oh I wanted to go to Karin’s graduation but I’m going to Disney that day lol Maybe I’ll try to go to Funakki’s.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="221133" data-time="1603448606">
So, about Funakki and Karin staying for a while... their new graduation dates have been announced. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://mobile.twitter.com/JPN_ENG_Kand ... 5425804288' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://mobile.twitter.com/JPN_ENG_Kand ... 5804288</a>

Funaki Musubu: December 9th

Miyamoto Karin: December 10th

Both times at Budokan, at least.

I hope Japan doesn't get a second wave of Corona like many European countries are caught in right now.

/EDIT: Official notices:

Funakki: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://helloproject.com/event/detail/c6 ... 591ad7653/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://helloproject.com/event/detail/c6 ... ad7653/</a>

Karin: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://helloproject.com/event/detail/b3 ... 1bfeecdd9/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://helloproject.com/event/detail/b3 ... blockquote>

Guess this makes sense. If they don’t do it then who knows when it’ll happen.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yamazaki Yuhane has been cast to play Matsuura Aya in the movie Ano Koro.

The movie is based on an autobiographical comic essay by Mikito Tsurugi, an H!P wota who formed a band and found new passion after seeing Matsuura live.

Pretty damn big role, but Yuhane has been compared to her before. Nobody can be the second Ayaya, but she's a decent choice.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was hoping they'd cast an H!P idol for that role, and she seems like a good choice. I'm excited for this movie.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

New weekly show announced, Hello Pro no Collabo NIGHT!: https://dch.dmkt-sp.jp/special/ct/c90000131

They collaborate with a guest each week.  First week is putting their Rising Productions connections to use: Oginome Youko
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^Talking about H!P shows, they also have Hello Project presents... "Premier Seat" running right now.
"A new dTV / HikariTV show. Each month a group from Hello! Project will be picked to deliver a special live! They'll show off their unique productions and unit performances. We'll deliver live video with premium feeling as if seen from special seats in the front row!"

They aired the first episode yesterday, featuring Tsubaki Factory. Watch it on BiliBili.
Next one is ANGERME on 11/27.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Oh shit, this is really cool. It really is just a mini concert sans audience. The vocals are definitely tuned in post-production, but so are most concert DVDs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I really dig TF. Their energy is great for a no-audience performance, and no group ever got as much out of their potential as them. This is our first look at TF without Risa, and honestly, I hardly miss her. If I could see any H!P group live right now, my first choice would be J=J, but Tsubaki Factory would be second. </div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Results of the ANGERME audition will be announced on 11/2 (tomorrow!) at 7 pm (Japanese Time).

I know they've lost a lot of members since adding Rin (Rina, Kana, Murotan, Oota, and soon Funakki) but I still don't feel this audition lmao.
We'll probably get that last Hokkaido Kenshuusei (Ishiguri Kanami), maybe another KSS girl and 1-2 new ones. Wouldn't put it past them to announce no winners either, though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think we’ll get two new girls max. I haven’t felt the last like, three additions though so I have very little expectations.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Something tells me it won't be any of the KSS Unit girls, but I'm ready to be surprised lol  (I used to think they wanted to stay at 12 members as a steady, but since Ayaka and everyone who left after, that was difficult).  Though if we get 5 girls I'd be shocked xD