UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

mrsross
モーニング娘。

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by mrsross »

It isn’t really surprising that Goto and Nacchi didn’t get alone considering Yuko said that they (OGs) were really competitive when they were in the group. Especially when Nacchi was the face of the group and now you had to share it or worry you will be pushed in the back with a new ace in the group. I wondered how Nacchi felt when Ai Takahashi was added in the group?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Absolutely. I feel with Takahashi Abe was older and maybe already thought about graduation. When Goto joined MM was at the height of their popularity, by the time Takahashi moved closer to the center it had already slowed down.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So both Maki and Ayaya managed long-term, serious relationships throughout their time as H!P idols, with dudes they would eventually marry. That's fucking pro. Granted, social media didn't really exist when they were in H!P like it does now, but it's still impressive.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Absolutely. I feel with Takahashi Abe was older and maybe already thought about graduation. When Goto joined MM was at the height of their popularity, by the time Takahashi moved closer to the center it had already slowed down.
[/quote]

MM hadn't yet reached the peak of their popularity when Maki joined, and their star was actually fading. The company was pinning their hopes on Love Machine to revive the group's popularity, and had talked about disbanding the group if it wasn't a big enough hit. Obviously, that discussion never had to go very far because of LM's success, but Maki's exploding popularity cemented her as the new face of the group -- or at least one of the faces -- going forward. I can see Nacchi being resentful of that, although I hope it didn't last too long.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221515" data-time="1608944070">So both Maki and Ayaya managed long-term, serious relationships throughout their time as H!P idols, with dudes they would eventually marry. That's fucking pro. Granted, social media didn't really exist when they were in H!P like it does now, but it's still impressive.</blockquote>

Ayaya's relationship became public knowledge pretty early on. Media treated it as a good match though. I think she had the benefit of being a soloist rather than a member of a group who has others depending on her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh wow, I didn't know it was publicly known. Her being with another idol probably made it less "scandalous," too.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221516" data-time="1608944574"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="221513" data-time="1608936904">
Absolutely. I feel with Takahashi Abe was older and maybe already thought about graduation. When Goto joined MM was at the height of their popularity, by the time Takahashi moved closer to the center it had already slowed down.</blockquote>

MM hadn't yet reached the peak of their popularity when Maki joined, and their star was actually fading. The company was pinning their hopes on Love Machine to revive the group's popularity, and had talked about disbanding the group if it wasn't a big enough hit. Obviously, that discussion never had to go very far because of LM's success, but Maki's exploding popularity cemented her as the new face of the group -- or at least one of the faces -- going forward. I can see Nacchi being resentful of that, although I hope it didn't last too long.</blockquote>
Ah right, sorry, midnight brainfart.

But I do think that this plays into the fact that Goto was more "dangerous" to Abe than Takahashi was - maybe because she did not have the it-factor from the beginning like Goto had.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think you're dead on wrt to Nacchi not seeing Takahashi as a threat. She probably saw her own graduation on the horizon, and Taka-Ai wasn't the breakout star that Maki was, nor the talent she would become. Also, the group had changed so much by then compared to the group Maki joined, and Nacchi probably had accepted that fact by then.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Ice Cream & My Jiggly @IceJiggly on Twitter has been translating some of Karin Miyamoto's recent blog posts about her history in J=J, and they're pretty interesting. Here's a link to the thread about her subbing for Zukki in the "Seishun Kozo... / Yuugure..." videos. Short version: she had the same questions about it as we fans did, was not comfortable at all with the outcome. </div>
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Karin's such a sweetheart. A damn weirdo, but a sweetie.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Understandable. I mean sure the big wave of her "replacing" Kanon was mostly an international thing as far as I remember, but getting more screentime than EVERY other member except for maybe Riho, brand new 12th gen especially, probably was super uncomfortable for everyone involved. That was a "what the hell, management?!" situation for certain.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wonder if the MV directors just didn't know Karin wasn't a member of the group, and edited it naturally under the assumption that she was. That still wouldn't absolve management for not demanding a re-edit, though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wada's virtual live is currently streaming on Twitch. I was prepared to be disappointed, but this style of music really suits her. I'm really digging this.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="221517" data-time="1608950310"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221515" data-time="1608944070">
So both Maki and Ayaya managed long-term, serious relationships throughout their time as H!P idols, with dudes they would eventually marry. That's fucking pro. Granted, social media didn't really exist when they were in H!P like it does now, but it's still impressive.</blockquote>
Ayaya's relationship became public knowledge pretty early on. Media treated it as a good match though. I think she had the benefit of being a soloist rather than a member of a group who has others depending on her.</blockquote>
Did Maki mention if it was during her soloist period or MM period, I wonder?

I also watched Maki's cover of cruel angel's thesis and enjoyed it a lot. It makes me happy that Maki is doing some singing especially since she was going to do magazine work(?) And it kinda sounded like she had no interest in singing anymore.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Guess who's back, back again?

Shimamura Uta joins the idol group Kyururin te shitemite!

https://twitter.com/KYURUSHITE/status/1347121370925158401?s=20
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Oh my heart.

Are they signed? Are they indie? Does anyone know?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yo Riho wrote the lyrics to and performed an original song yesterday! Don't have a link though...

Edit: I do now!

https://ok.ru/video/2191877081840
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you Thea! It's pretty damn good. Nice one, Riho!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Of course! I love hearing her sing, especially something she wrote herself and will hopefully release! But the song definitely wasn't the best choice for her. It's not in her range so she's straining a lot. Poor baby.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's true, unfortunately. The lyrics were very personal, so I wonder what she might come up with for future lyrics.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Guess who's back, back again?

Shimamura Uta joins the idol group Kyururin te shitemite!
https://twitter.com/KYURUSHITE/status/1347121370925158401?s=20
[/quote]
UGHHHHHHHHHH this makes me so happy!!! I'm still bitter about how she went out so I'm happy to see her again.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ In case anyone doesn't know/forgot ZOC is Oomori Seiko's group as well (big Sayumi fan and collaborator)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, I forgot it, for example :lol:

Also, Koharu will star in a movie called "Keiyaku" this spring.

Information on the film from jplop:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
This film is based on the theme of Tokyo in the first year of the 20th century, with Kusumi Koharu in the lead role, and expresses the various human patterns related to contracts. It is a film adaptation of the stage show "Filmate Film. Keiyaku", that was performed at Asakusa Public Hall on November 7th and 8th, 2020, and was a big hit.

This time, a total of 300 dancers danced a total of 13 dance videos, which were connected to form a single story. Since this is an unprecedented story that unfolds for the first time through dance, more than 100 tickets have already been reserved in advance.

This is also the first film directed by Jun Aiko, who has produced various dance events for 10,000 people such as <Japan Dancers' Championship>, <FASHION DANCE NIGHT>, and <ODORI MATSURI>, as well as many brand PR events.

The film will be released at the United Cinemas in Odaiba on February 27.
</blockquote>

Press release
<a class="" href="https://popnroll.tv/articles/14143">htt ... s/14143</a>
<a class="" href="https://www.asahi.com/and_M/pressreleas ... 220236/</a>
<a class="" href="https://vintom.co.jp/filmatefilm2020_mo ... _movie/</a>
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

https://youtu.be/53P2JsqfuHw

Uta's new group has released their first music video! My heart is melting.
Last edited by TheParuProject on Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Miyabi sounds pretty good, but the solo piano arrangement is unsatisfying.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Quite a decent OG-get-together will happen on January 31 on TV Tokyo'sTHE Karaoke ★ Battle: Inaba Atsuko, Otani Masae and Fukuda Asuka will appear.
Apparently they will perform the following songs:

Inaba: ORION (Nakashima Mika)
Otani: Hidamari no uta (Le Couple)
Fukuda: Shukumei (Higedan)

Inaba Atsuko and Otani Masae both have twitter accounts, by the way. Otani also has an instagram account.

From what I can gather both are still rather active. Inaba has been on Yoshiko-sensei's youtube channel with other Taiyou to Ciscomoon members at the end of last year and formed a duo called (S)pirit Color with another former Osaka Performance Doll member. They've even released new music last year. Otani held a few solo events last year as well.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Orani looks like what I expect Miya I will look like when she reaches her age. XD

She hasn’t changed a bit!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.