Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by JPope »

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^These have been all over since spring. I see a lot for TWICE.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Next episode of Hello Pro Collabo Night is out. The guest this time is Mori Keaki, a retired top Takarazuka star.

Episode Description

The fourth episode is "Hello Pro x Takarazuka". The guest is former Takarazuka Snow Troupe top star Mori Keaki. They collab with a medley of famous songs from Takarazuka! In the talk, Mori Keaki lectures them on how to descend and greet people on the grand staircase! The members were so moved that they cried a lot!

Performers : Ishida, Oda, Kawamura, Ise, Miyamoto, Inaba, Kishimoto, Maeda, Takase, Hirai
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221420" data-time="1607232081">
What did I just watch? :rofl:

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPEKzO2Yj0' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPEKzO ... blockquote>

I’ve seen the Lovepedia one but K&K (by K.K.!) just took it to another level ???? the amount of time that must have gone into this...
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Rio sings "Oribia o Kikinagara"

This is nice, Not amazing, but it's pretty good. Rio has a naturally pleasant voice that I think is going to age really well. Mei is a technically better singer, but I'd rather listen to Rio.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sakura and Sayuki were guests at CDTV's christmas special and sang "Part of your world" from Arielle and "When you wish upon a star" from Pinocchio. https://youtu.be/lnt4UDH0KvI

Really nice.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ah. You know that just makes me wish, once again, for some proper Christmas songs from H!P groups. Mainly Morning Musume. But I’ll take any group at this point.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's really strange that Morning Musume, of all groups, has never done a Christmas single. Not doing one at some point between "Love Machine" and RR21 was a huge missed opportunity, too, as Christmas hits are the gift that keep giving for decades into the future. A MM Xmas single released during that period would have been a guaranteed hit, and almost certainly would have been a great song, as Tsunku wasn't producing many duds at that time.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Maria Makino solo: Sotsugyou Shashin

It's not bad, but not great. I was hoping she would become a better singer, but Maria is what she is, and for a primarily visual member she sings well enough.
Last edited by JPope on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To me she's basically the modern Charmy. If she had the chance and coaching in variety she'd probably do as well (considering Charmy never really went into variety after graduating either).
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Guess who's blogging again? I saw a lot of H!P end-of-the-year lists going around online, but didn't see this one, so I did it. My top five H!P solo videos released in 2020. I wrote blurbs about each one on the blog, but here's the list for those not interested in my babbling.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>1. Sayuki Takagi - "Aitakute Ima" </div>
<div>2. Momohime Kiyono - "Kosui" </div>
<div>3. Miyo Hirai - "Umi no Koe"</div>
<div>4. Layla Ise - "Mikazuki" </div>
<div>5. Mei Yamazaki - "Tegami (Haikei Jūgo no Kimi e)" </div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Great read, JPope! You definitely picked some of my favourite performances.

- - -

Hamachan posted that today marks the 6th anniversary of Kobushi Factory's formation. It's also MM's 9ki's 10 anniversary - which means later this year both 10ki as well as Takechan will celebrate their 10th year, too. (I doubt anyone of them will leave before that.)

The last 10 years of H!P were great. I'd say halfway through we had a renaissance - °C-ute went out with a bang, MM had some amazing songs (despite how much I like to criticize some of them) and lately Juice=Juice and Beyooooonds have gotten some attention.

The general production quality went up (compare the MVs to 2009!), there weren't too many horrible scandals (basically only Oota and Risa in 2020) and due to the OG's slow retirement the girls finally get to be there for themselves, not as shadows.

Of course, not everything has been amazing. I don't like most of MM's music and I'm a bit tired of people acting like H!P is the most talented idol pool out there. The variety quality is low - both because of the general cookie cutter idol wave as well as missing opportunities. And I think a lot of older members have gotten a bit too comfortable. Sometimes I wish management would pull the classic "have you thought about your life after graduation?" stunt with some of the long runners.

However, I'm optimistic about the next year. Changes will come. The new members have ambitions, and the post-Tsunku song writer/composer group has given us good material so far.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha, I've got a War And Peace length entry about ready to post that echoes a lot of what you just said. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here is my State of the Hello! Project 2021 Address.

Yeah, it's long af.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you, I loved it! It's true, there's a lot of things we agree on.

"Tsunku going on about how Fuku should stay in MM into her 40s actually pissed me off a little, lol."

This. Don't give her ideas, Tsoonk. She doesn't seem to have ambitions or anything outside the group so she'll probably stay forever. That's good for her, but probably not for the group.

And MM really feels a lot like late Platinum era now. Some members are overlooked for the sake of their moneymakers being in the spotlight. Some songs are great, but most are just produced to release anything at all. I guess at least the MVs are better?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The H!P SHOW YT channel has started to translate some of Hoshibe Sho's videos.

Breakdown of the creation of Shaka Shaka To Love
Reality of the composer's job

Both of these are really interesting.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They absolutely are. They made me realise I'd never make it in this business :lol:
I'm "surprised" (well, not 100%) about how structured this field of work is. Writing songs was always a more emotional thing to me. But then again, they're being employed to do so, and not to make their own songs.

It's great that the videos get translated. I knew they had incredible information in them, but they're hard to understand if you don't speak Japanese.

- - -

Sawayaka Goro & Suzuki Keita (the two dudes who do many MCs with H!P acts, especially for birthday events and the like) have been tested positive for Covid 19. 
Japan really gets hit now, don't they.

- - -

I did try to to an "H!P at a glance" kind of thing. Unfortunately H!P has so many acts (and years) so that I could only take a screenshot after zooming out to 10%. It was still a fun project nevertheless.

Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I got bored and made a lame edit of the Junjou Evidence MV that combined the dance cuts from the promotion edit and the full dance shot.

Edit: and Gyuu Saretai because why not
Last edited by WonderBuono on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you, these are pretty damn good! Really smooth. And Junjou Evidence looks definitely better without those weird stops in the official MV.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
@hipnewsservice
<div>·</div>
<div>Feb 13</div>
<div>H!P choreographer Yoshiko ranks the top 5 best dancers in H!P history on DJ KOO's Youtube channel: #1: Sayashi Riho, #2: Goto Maki, #3: Wada Ayaka, #4: Sasaki Rikako & #5: Ishida Ayumi.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkoY83D3uc

</div>
</blockquote>
<div> </div>
<div>Interesting that Manaka Inaba is absent, as it seems like she has dominated the fan vote for best dancer for several years now.</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>LMFAO!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>

</div>
<div>@hipnewsservice</div>
<div> </div>
<div>3h</div>
<div>In the next installment Yoshiko ranks the members who had the most trouble when it came to dance. #1: Konno Asami, #2: the entirety of Berryz Kobo, #3: Ogata Haruna/Nakanishi Kana/Miyazaki Yuka.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKtAbYmz02c</div>

</blockquote>

</div>

Last edited by JPope on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="JPope"]
@hipnewsservice
<div>·</div>
<div>Feb 13</div>
<div>H!P choreographer Yoshiko ranks the top 5 best dancers in H!P history on DJ KOO's Youtube channel: #1: Sayashi Riho, #2: Goto Maki, #3: Wada Ayaka, #4: Sasaki Rikako & #5: Ishida Ayumi.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkoY83D3uc

[/quote]
<div> </div>
<div>Interesting that Manaka Inaba is absent, as it seems like she has dominated the fan vote for best dancer for several years now.</div>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah no offence against Goto and Dawa, but where the hell is Manakan?! And even then regarding current or recently graduated members: Muro? Mao? Takechan?
Reading J. Kanda's translation of the ranking Goto's rank has nothing to do with her dancing either lmao. To quote him:

"Goto Maki: Also not a “great dancer,” but Yoshiko was highly impressed with her work ethic. She talked about how concerts go (2 on Sat, 2 on Sun), and that even though she’d point out things to fix on Saturday, Goto would fix it through a “at home solo concert” by Sunday morning."

Also, I never really followed Berryz or °C-ute, but I understand some fans calling this double-Saki erasure.

[quote="JPope"]
LMFAO!

<div>
<div>@hipnewsservice</div>
<div> </div>
<div>3h</div>
<div>In the next installment Yoshiko ranks the members who had the most trouble when it came to dance. #1: Konno Asami, #2: the entirety of Berryz Kobo, #3: Ogata Haruna/Nakanishi Kana/Miyazaki Yuka.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKtAbYmz02c</div>

</blockquote>
</div>
[/quote]
I swear... at this point it's not only Captain, Momoko was nowhere near horrible in her last years either.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]

<div>

Reading J. Kanda's translation of the ranking Goto's rank has nothing to do with her dancing either lmao. To quote him:
</div>
"Goto Maki: Also not a “great dancer,” but Yoshiko was highly impressed with her work ethic. She talked about how concerts go (2 on Sat, 2 on Sun), and that even though she’d point out things to fix on Saturday, Goto would fix it through a “at home solo concert” by Sunday morning."

[/quote]

I had a feeling it was gonna be something like this. "She worked really hard." Yeah, that's great. Put her in the Top 5 Hardest Workers then.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yup. I also forgot to mention Miyo in that post, and some people would probably add Utano.

Though to be fair - and I speak as someone who has no idea about professional dancing - I do prefer the dancing of Miyo, Mao and Manaka way over Ayumi, Rikako and Utano. The first three have something like a natural flow, something that makes the whole dance look smooth and effortless. Sure, the other three look sharp, but their dancing also looks hectic. It might be the dances they have to do in the groups (their... "dance breaks". And the dance club stuff) that make them look robotic. I remember that I prefered Ayumi over Riho, and then I saw videos of Riho dancing in her US dance studio and she looked much better. There is a big, big difference between an idol choreography and professional dance groups after all. And I guess that's what I see with Miyo, someone who has not spent her teenage years in an idol group but actually went to a professional dance studio.

Therefore, as weird as this sounds, I hope Mao graduates sometime soon to pursue professional dancing. She should be in her last weeks of high school atm, so she's free to try other stuff.
I don't want her to leave Tsubaki, since she's one of the members in that group that I like, but I also don't want her to waste her dancing potential there. Manaka and Ayumi have missed the point to go professional, but Mao could pull a Funakki and leave.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I seem to remember Rikako standing out more as a dancer back in the day, and I wonder if others have just caught up to her or if her physical growth has hindered her recently. Like you, I don't know enough about dance to say, but while she's still better than most, she doesn't seem as obviously more advanced than the other good dancers any more.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Rikako uploads dance covers on Instagram and I think it shows off her dance skill better.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Fair. Not saying she's not a good dancer, I don't mind her in Yoshiko's list either. The odd ones out are Dawa and Goto.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by JPope »