How to alt-idol?

Chika Chika Boom Boom

Moderator: testacles_4

aine
ANGERME

How to alt-idol?

Post by aine »

[FORUM INTRODUCTION GOES HERE]

I'm pooped out after writing the big announcement post so this is just a placeholder. I'll update it with basic info, links and resources later. In the meantime go right ahead and post about your favorite groups, events, meta stuff or just questions if you have no idea what this is. Go wild with new threads, we'll tidy it up later if needed.

:wota:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: How to alt-idol?

Post by al kusanagi »

Due to a recent crippling addiction, I'm just going to say the world of idols has changed, and we need a VTuber section.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’ll add some threads of a few of my favorite Alt idol groups later today when I have a bit more time to making a starting forum post.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

al kusanagi wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm Due to a recent crippling addiction, I'm just going to say the world of idols has changed, and we need a VTuber section.
Oh no, Al got the VT disease. 8o I know next to nothing about vtubers tbh, but they can fit in this forum as well. Or do you think there will be enough interest and content to fill up a separate one?

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Yeah I think there may be. They've been around for a while but I only just got into them, and stick mostly with Hololive, which is kind of the H!P equivalent, but there are multiple companies and lots of indy VTubers. Hololive alone has the Japanese branch, Indonesian branch, and the English branch.

Honestly, the last few years, especially post Sayumi, I hadn't been into idol stuff much at all, but discovering some of these VTubers has rekindled that feeling of first discovering H!P and idols in general.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Sounds good to me, but you're officially volunteered to moderate it then! I have a writer's block trying to come up with a name for it but I'll get to it this weekend.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

al kusanagi wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm we need a VTuber section
It's all yours!

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Unlimited powah!!!!!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

A few thread ideas:
  • General Alt Idol Thread, so that I can mainly spam news and/or new music videos similarly to the one in Music Chat Spam.
  • A Live Idols thread; Not sure whether to put this in Alt Idol or K-Pop. While Live idols are Korean, they are a lot more similar to Chika Idol culture than to K-Pop. At the same time there are a few Live idol groups that are more similar to mainstream idol sound than the alt idol sound so I'm not sure if a general thread would work or if I should make topics for individual groups/solo idols. X!DENT, Re:A and Nekiru were the main few I know about although more are popping up daily.
  • I'm not really sure what to do about WACK. Not sure if a general WACK thread where everything goes or if I should make topics for individual groups.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Formerly Mizura