Kep 1 going with Kep1er!

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Arichii
Juice=Juice

Kep 1 going with Kep1er!

Post by Arichii »

Anyone here watch Girls Planet 999 or a fan of Kep1er?

Kep1er (pronounced Kepler, strange I know they were in fact named after the German astronomer Johannes Kepler :wacko: ) is a 9-member girl group formed by Mnet's most recent girl group survival show Girl's Planet 999. The premise of the show was that there were an even mix of Korean, Japanese and Chinese trainees and the initial eliminations were based on cells which grouped girls into (1K1C1J).

The final lineup consists of:
Choi Yu Jin
Sakamoto Mashiro
Shen Xiao Ting
Kim Chae Hyun
Kim Da Yeon
Ezaki Hikaru
Huening Bahiyyih
Seo Young Eun
Kang Ye Seo

Here's their debut MV WA DA DA!

Upon first listen it wasn't personally my thing but I found that the song really grew on me! Also I felt that Shen Xiao Ting and Dayeon's opening were definitely the best parts for me.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Re: Kep 1 going with Kep1er!

Post by AquaChan »

I did!
Still bummed that Yurina and Shana didn't make it to the final lineup and all the Mnet riggory that happened.

The song is slowly growing on me. I wished they could cover some of the creation mission (Snake/U+Me) that are still my favorites from the show.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Okay, so I did not watch GP999 myself but I pretty much watched it vicariously through several of my friends. (I remember they were all mad bc C trainees were ROBBED) Honestly the fact that the final group wasn't 3K3J3C makes me just a bit upset but it's whatever, I'm over it now.

WA DA DA was just okay to me at first listen but it's grown on me a LOT and I listen to it way too much now ahahaha

Also can I just say that Yujin deserved better than CLC and she has it here now in Kep1er and I could NOT be happier for her :>
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

AquaChan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 am I did!
Still bummed that Yurina and Shana didn't make it to the final lineup and all the Mnet riggory that happened.

The song is slowly growing on me. I wished they could cover some of the creation mission (Snake/U+Me) that are still my favorites from the show.
Yeah there's always unfairness with screentime and I get that, but man by the end of the show it was really blatant who they wanted in and who they wanted out. Shana's vocals are a godsend and I'm really hoping that MLD treats her well in her upcoming group! I'm interested to see what Yurina's next steps are...
Zange wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:55 am Okay, so I did not watch GP999 myself but I pretty much watched it vicariously through several of my friends. (I remember they were all mad bc C trainees were ROBBED) Honestly the fact that the final group wasn't 3K3J3C makes me just a bit upset but it's whatever, I'm over it now.

WA DA DA was just okay to me at first listen but it's grown on me a LOT and I listen to it way too much now ahahaha

Also can I just say that Yujin deserved better than CLC and she has it here now in Kep1er and I could NOT be happier for her :>
My favorite trainee was C-trainee Wenzhe! One of the few C-trainees that wasn't evil edited :huh: But yeah I think by the end of the show everybody was predicting that Shen Xiao Ting would be the only C-trainee in the lineup so I had my heart prepared for the finals even though I would've loved a better distribution.

And yes Yujin is glowing in these comebacks! She really shines with brighter, spunkier concepts and fits in so well with the other members.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

This sounds really interesting! I really liked watching some Produce 48 so I'll have to check this out :ph34r:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

AquaChan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 am I did!

Still not over Yurina not being there, I took Miru ranking last in Pd48 finale pretty well but Yurina's boot is just shitty
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

At *least* 2 Chinese trainees would’ve been ideal (Wen Zhe or Puyanim) and I don’t think I’ll ever understand why Bahiyyih is so popular (-=-), I’m excited for the group and what they’ll do. I really loved IZ*ONE so I hope Kep1er can grow as much as they did.
Also so sad we can’t get Yurina x Shao Ting interactions as group members.